“A better lomo salto than I've had elsewhere”

Chullpi Machupicchu Restaurante
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Seattle, Washington
“A better lomo salto than I've had elsewhere”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Restaurant is located at the end of one part of the fork. Almost like near a railyard.
Service was quick. I had the LomoSalto. P/s. 25. Portion just right.
Obviously very popular with more bodies (chiefly tour groups) in there than I observed around town.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Turtles_Dragonfles

“Excellent food at a decent price”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I was quite amazed to find such a good restaurant in this remote part of Peru. I had a three-course lunch menu for 45 soles, including a trout cerviche, a trout entrée and a tres leche desert. Everything was perfectly presented and tasted very good. The waiter spoke English and Spanish and was very friendly. I highly recommend this place.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank ColombiaTom
Sussex, WI
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Lunch and drinks”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Had a wonderful lunch with great drinks. Provided by tour, not sure of cost. Food was just great.Service was very good.l

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Nancy J
Chicago, IL
“Great Meal in the Area”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I ate at this restaurant with my travel group and found it to be a great option. Was I blown out of the water? No, I really wasn't. Was I disappointed with the food? No, I really wasn't. To be fair, my group and I had an exciting day before dinner and were preparing for our visit to Machu Picchu the next morning. I might have been so preoccupied that I failed to take in the moment. I will tell you that the restaurant put great care into preparing their courses and presenting the items as beautifully as possible. If I ever travel to Aguas Calientes again in the future, I would love the opportunity to eat there again.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank appetite4trvl
San Diego, California
“Fabulous lunch”
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We had lunch with our tour group of 13 people. The options on the menu all looked delicious. The food presentation was top-restaurant-worthy! My wife and I shared our lomo saltado and salmon and it was hard to say which one is the best... I didn't wanna "give up" either! The food tasted great. The staff was very friendly and even explained to us how they make their trout carpaccio starter (I didn't have that starter, but others did and said it was yummy)!! How cool is that?!

The restaurant is located right next to the train tracks which makes it an interesting location. Passing trains didn't really bother us. The fact that you could see a tiny bit of Machu Picchu in the distance added to the build up of our visit right after lunch!

5 Thank jopsvanthof