“Great Food!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Cary, NC
“Great Food!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The restaurant has great ambience and great food. The little extras they provide there during your meal are definitely appreciated and worth it. Great big windows to sit by and eat, listen to live music and watch people go by.

Visited July 2012

California
“Waiter, there’s a guinea pig on my plate!”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I’m from California, and back home guinea pigs are pets you find in cages in your kid’s room. In Peru, you can actually eat them! How cool is that?

I’m always looking for new experiences, so when I came to Peru, I knew I was going to try eating guinea pig. After our day at Machu Picchu, I asked our guide which restaurant in Aguas Calientes is the best place to get guinea pig. Without hesitation, he said we should go to the Inka Wasi.

We were not disappointed. The restaurant was in a good location, with a great atmosphere inside. It was nicely decorated with a couple of open fire places. There was even some live music when we arrived, although they were almost done for the night by the time we got there. The service was fast and friendly, and the food was very good.

In particular, I had the guinea pig, and I like it! The way it was served was interesting. They brought out the whole guinea pig, and I could see its little claws. There was a potato in its mouth, and I could see the little teeth. I couldn’t decide whether it looked cute or just tasty.

In any case, it was tasty! The waiter recommended that I eat it as finger-food, rather than trying to use my knife and fork. There are small bones, and the best way to eat guinea pig is to nibble the meat off the bones. I never knew that. You learn something new every day.

Now, the next time I have a chance to eat guinea pig, I’ll know exactly how to do it. You never know when these important life skills will come in handy. ;-)

Anyway, this was a great restaurant, and I can definitely recommend it.

• Visited June 2012
Sugar Land, Texas
“Good Peruvian or Pizza”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Nice resturant offering typical peruvian fare (I had the sopa verduras and
polla a la plancha ) or pizza (my wife had the pizza margarita). Both were good plus an excellent band was playing.
Good location, good ambiance and great staff.

• Visited August 2012
Sherwood, Arkansas
“Good food, good service”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We ate here on a "voucher" that was given by our tour agency, so I'm not sure of the prices, but the food was good, decor in the place was excellent, and the wait staff was friendly and attentive. The restaurant is about 50 steps off the main square up the street named "escape." The presentation of the food was beautiful, so I'm guessing that the price was a bit more than the typical sit-down Pizzeria in Aguas Calientes. I believe that they have a menu outside like most restaurants where you can browse the prices before going inside. This is a place where you won't get ripped off and you'll be satisfied with the food. Oh... and they have very large Pisco Sours if you like the drink. :)

Visited August 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Good food, nice place”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Good service ,nice central location . The food is typical Peruvian. Love the fire place in the center.

Visited July 2012