Taypikala Hotel Machupicchu
Tierra Viva Machu Picchu(Aguas Calientes)
$169
  • Free Internet
$118
$105
$185
$162
  • Breakfast included
Waman Hotel Machupicchu(Aguas Calientes)
$105
$135
  • Restaurant
SUMAQ Machu Picchu Hotel(Aguas Calientes)
$526
$300
  • Breakfast included
Casa del Sol Machupicchu(Aguas Calientes)
$223
$203
  • Breakfast included
El MaPi by Inkaterra(Aguas Calientes)
$220
  • Restaurant
Ecopackers Machupicchu(Aguas Calientes)(Great Value!)
$50
$28
Hostelworld.com
$548
  • Restaurant
All reviewshot springstrain stationsmall squarenice hotelg adventures tourcorner roombreakfast buffethotel is locatedviews of the mountainsthe staff was friendly and helpfulother hotelsspacious roomyour luggagequiet locationupgraded to a suitecoca teainca trail
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I recently enjoyed my stay at this hotel while I was a participant in a Sedona Spiritual Adventures sacred tour of Peru... clean, comfortable, good food, lots of nearby shopping and the outstanding art of Pablo Seminario gracing the walls!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank goddesscatherineswee
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This beautiful hotel is located at the top of the town a short walk from the machu picchu bus drop off. Lovely decor, clean and comfortable. The Seminario pottery/clay artwork and inlaid furniture are gorgeous. Just outside the front door, head down the Main Street lined with romantic or just plain fun open air restaurants. Explore, Shop, drink, dine and roll into your comfy bed! And, then enjoy the free buffet breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Landerson1228
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stayed at the Taypikala for one night after finishing up some business in Lima, so I could get an early start to Machu Picchu the next morning. The hotel certainly helped me meet that objective. On the "pro" side, I had booked a double room because no singles were available. On check in I was given a "suite," actually one extra large room on the top floor with a hot tub and a sitting area. The room faced the river, making for a peaceful sound at night. The location of the hotel at the edge of town, up the hill from the center, adds to the overall quiet. The staff were friendly and helpful. There was plenty of hot water. The buffet breakfast was tasty and enjoyable. The TV reception was razor-sharp. On the "con" side, there is no elevator, not a problem for me but perhaps an issue for some in a four-story building. The down side of the location is that it is farther from the train station than other properties, up hill all the way in that direction. The bathroom could have been cleaner. (Strangely there was nowhere in the shower to put soap or shampoo.) The windows were open when I arrived, good for ventilation but I had to deal with a couple of flies before settling down. The staff deliver your luggage to the train station upon request at no charge (nice) but they took my briefcase there even though the storage tag clearly said I would pick it up myself. Finally, though my rate was quoted on Hotels.com in dollars, I was charged in Soles at the hotel's very own conversion rate ("Sorry, that is our policy"), which means the charge will now be converted back to dollars through Visa, all of which will add a bit to the cost. Overall, the hotel was comfortable but nothing special. I could not help but compare it to the luxury available in Cusco for the same price.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Dave014
Reviewed May 31, 2013

we stayed here as part of our Gate 1 tour - there are some important things you should know before you book here, first the good: Its away from the noisy town center and train station. Good breakfast including fresh fruit, pastries and coca tea, coffee and fresh juices. Friendly wait staff. A free computer in the lobby for guest use. Refridgerators in guest rooms where put kept our water cold. Okay beds and linens.

Now the bad things: This hotel is a 10 minute walk from the train station, up a VERY steep hill, so keep in mind you will have to pull or carry all your things. If you're not in reasonably good health you probably shouldn't be going to Machu Pichu anyway, but keep in this in mind when you pack. There are no elevators. The interior of the hotels is what I'd describe as tired 1980's decor----there were dead plants in the hallways, peeling paint and both the room and bathroom doors were dirty. Thin walls and tile floors which made for a very noisy night's sleep. Our bathroom was extremely small and included a tub/shower enclosure which was incredibly high to step over--again not a problem for us but perhaps for some. The hot water situation is sporadic----NONE the first night we were there for almost everyone in our group, but better the next day. It also seemed like the hotel was always understaffed and our group had a dinner there and those choosing one entree were finished by the time the other entrees came out.

I do realize that getting anything to Aguas Calliente is physically daunting and expensive, Just research your options and understand what you're getting with this hotel compared to others.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank blndgenie
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We visited this hotel with a tour group. The hotel was nice and clean but quite a hike up some four blocks at a 30 degree incline after a day at Machu Picchu. There is no elevator in the hotel. If this is a concern one might consider a hotel better positioned. This hotel however is close to the warm springs. The soup in the hotel restaurant is very good - the rest of menu so-so.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple