“A nice meal”
Review of Keros

Keros
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Our experience was very different than that of the other reviewers. The service was fine and the food was quite tasty for what it was (this isn't a "gourmet" spot...it's a place to grab a good bite to eat and it has a menu that seems quite standard for Aguas Calientes).

One of us had a vegetable omelet...it was well prepared and tasted fine. The other person had vegetable soup (with more veggies than we had with similar soups elsewhere) and a decent chicken & potatoes meal. Dessert was banana drizzled with chocolate sauce...yum! The drinks (juice) were fine as well.

There are newer reviews for Keros

Reviewed August 26, 2012

They serve Campbell's canned soup, some nasty "vinaigrette" sauce on the poor excuse for a salad which neither of us could eat, and tiny bit of crappy sauce on the spaghetti. The waitress tried to charge ala carte prices for the "menu del dia" until we pointed out that we were ordering from the posted menu. I ordered a bottle of water, poured almost half of it into a glass on the table, only to discover it was literally full of small dead bugs and dust. When I showed it to a waiter he only made a rude noise and took away my glass, without offering to replace my wasted water or even an apology. My friend ordered a drink and had to ask for it 3 times before it finally came. The disgusting food took FOREVER to arrive, and we sat waiting for long periods between courses. Bottom line: AVOID.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

All of the reviews of this place are pretty spot on. Even though Aguas Calientes isn't really known to have spectacular cuisine, you'd think that the restaurants would at least have good service. You'd think that they'd be welcoming and honest to the tourist crowd who comes to visit Machu Picchu and helps support their town economically -- especially given the fact that most of the restaurants seem to be starved of patrons to the point that the management has to go out on the street and actively recruit tourists to dine at their restaurant.

Well, this place was, in the beginning, deceptively accommodating, and our server was overly nice and well mannered. He would pull our chairs out for us and place our napkins on our laps -- talk about service! But my party soon learned that this was all a big show so that when it came time to pay (in cash) we would be ok with the server stealing from us because we would already "trust" him.

And, of course, the food delivered nothing to make up for the dishonest service. The pizza was barely worth putting in my mouth; it tasted and felt like cardboard in my mouth. And the quinoa soup was also only passing in flavor.

I would have given this place at least a 4 rating (for its impeccable service, before the waiter ripped our party off), but I have nothing good to say about this restaurant after experiencing its terrible food and service.

2  Thank AskLonga
Reviewed April 12, 2012

The pizza was mediocre at best.

I paid the bill in cash. The waiter came back and said I was missing 20 soles.
I insisted that I put the full amount down, but it was no use arguing. I was going
to leave a tip, but didn't. They would have made 5-10 more soles out of me if
the didn't pull this trick on us.

1  Thank clc49
Reviewed February 8, 2012

This place is one more to avoid in Aguas. There are no words to describe their "pizza". Yuck!

1  Thank nwgypsy