“Decent stay after the Inca Trail”

Terrazas del Inca Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed October 14, 2011

We stayed here for 1 night in September. It took a few emails to get an email confirmation stating that our reservation was made, Other than that, the staff was welcoming and upon our arrival, we were given a large room overlooking the river. The room was basic and just what we needed for one night, Unfortunately, the power went out for a few hours in the afternoon-evening. With that, we also did not have hot water at one point. The hostal is located up the hill near the thermal baths. But it is still close to enough to the train and bus stations. And restaurants can be found nearby. The breakfast we had in the morning was quite nice and made to order. They stored our bags during the day that we checked out. And we were able to relax in their lounge as we waited for our train. They always have tea available in their lounge, as well as wi-fi access. We also ordered sandwiches to bring up to Machu Picchu which was ready for us in the morning. It was good we did this because the food up there is expensive. For the price and for a one night stay, we would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 6, 2011

My name is Liza Callen. I have visited Peru several times before in the last 10 years. Terrazas del Inca is a wonderful place to stay. My room had large windows overlooking the river. Except for the water rushing over the boulders, it was very quiet, yet close to everything in the village. I stayed for 10 days and was very impressed with the genuine warmth and helpful staff. The music is modern and traditional. Very clean with attention to detail in every way. I felt very at home here. Of all the hotels in Peru this was by far my favourite place. The staff went out of their way to help me in anyway they could. Soledad is an excellent hostess. Lucy and Daniel cook like chefs. Jose Luis is always smiling and would do anything to make your stay even better.
I will definately be booking this bed and breakfast on my next trip to Maccu Picchu.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Liza C
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Horrible hostal !!!! Don't stay here!!!!!
Although I sent 2 emails after I did the reservation and I even spoke to the owner on the phone -he had assured me that someone from the hotel would be waiting for us at the train station- when we arrived at the station with all our luggages, no one was there to help us out. I went up hill to the hotel and they said that they didn't have anyone to help us out, so I went down and my wife and I carried all out luggage up hill. They first showed me a room with NO WINDOWS and I said that it would be impossible to sleep in that room. Then they showed me a room that had a window 3 feet from a construction site, AguasClientes style-all dirt and dust. I told them that they should give us another room and they answered that there were no otjer rooms. My wife and I told them that then we would find another hotel and then when they saw that we were really leaving they offered us another room with a proper window and a view.
The beds were horrible. Soft as a hammock, very bad for the spine. And they have bed bugs!!!!!! It doesn't end here... the next day we left for Machu Picchu at 4:30 AM-great day..we stayed in the ruins until 5pm, then went to a great restauran in twon and we returned to the hotel at 8pm. The room was unmade!!!!!!!! Exactly how we left it more than 12 hours ago !!!!!!
I complained and then they wanted us to leave the room while we wanted to shower so they could make the room. It was absurd, we just wanted to shower and go to bed. Then at 10pm they call us asking when do we wanted to have breakfast in the breakfast room downstairs. I said why are you asking, and they replied that it was customary of the hotel. I told them that seemed strange because the night before no one had asked us....The next day we avoided having breakfast in the hotel (I had paid in advance ) just checked out and left.
The Machi Pichhu ruins are magical , this hostal is a piece of garbage and creepy .

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Daido M
Reviewed July 15, 2011

After the bag containing my passport was stolen, the staff was very concerned.They knew and explained what steps had to be taken and then personally took me to the bank and police station to interpret and make sure the proper forms were obtained. This in addition to taking us to the MP ticket office and bus station. Went way beyond what they had to do. Oh yeah, the accommodations and breakfast were fine too....

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Marmott44
Reviewed July 14, 2011

We arrived at 10pm and was planning on checking out by 5am in order to head to MP. When we arrived, the guy at the reception was extremely helpful and patiently explained everything to us about getting our MP tickets in the morning. The room was pretty basic and dated, but we were just sleeping for a few hours anyways. The roaring sound of the loud river right outside our window was peaceful and relaxing, although we thought it was down pouring all night long when it wasn't. There supposedly was breakfast or at least coffee/juice to grab in the morning on the way out, but we were in a rush and skipped it. The free wifi worked great.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank occasionaltravels
Reviewed July 1, 2011

We really enjoyed our three night stay at Terrazas del Inca in Aguascalientes. Although it's one of the last up the street, it was definitely worth it. They have Wi-Fi, wakeup calls, our beds were made every day, we had delicious breakfast and the staff was extremely friendly. We stayed in two double rooms on the second floor to the left, they each had private bathrooms. The only noise we heard was the sound of the waterfall which is very pleasant you can't avoid this noise because it’s heard everywhere in town. We had hot water. Oh! And one thing i almost forgot... We had a laugh when we found out that the free transportation to the hotel means a man waiting for you at the train station to help you carry your bags up. Everything in Aguascalientes is by foot so don't take much luggage.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 24, 2011

Very good and nice location next to the river and 5 minutes to the train- and busstation. Spacious and clean rooms with plenty of hot water and WiFi. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We got a very good and rich breakfast at 5 am!!! Tea is allways available for free.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends