“Scammersridiculous”

Hatun Runa Grill
Ranked #95 of 112 Restaurants in Aguas Calientes
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 16, 2014

The view was great but everything else was awful! We paid to much for our food, drinks and last but not least: tax/tips! The waitress puts 39 soles on a bill of 100 soles, it is ridiculous.

1  Thank Annemiek t

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Where to start. First off its in a great location no denying it right smack in the town center a 4 story building with big screen TVs and free wifi,music pumping it was a real eyecacher. From there things started to go down hill from there. Waitress did not know the menu or what the plates came with. Ordered the mixed salad, vegetable soup and a vegi pizza, with 2 pina coladas. OK I know I am at the end of the world so my expectations are never high but for you that are thinking of going to this place here is an honest review. Drinks had no taste of anything but coconut cream served at room temp. Next salad a simple garden salad with vinegret, salad was fresh bit no vinegret took a good 20 min for the waitress to get me mayo which I did not ask for. On to the vegtable soup, I expected something better than boiled green beans, snow peas,carrots, and onions, silly me right. Last hopefully the end is the pizza, for a place that bills its self as a pizza place it really needs a lot of work. Pizza had no sauce just cheese and 6 slices of tomato, no olives, no peppers, it seemed like powdered spinich, they threw on a few strands of onions, the cheese was of local fresh white kind with no taste what so ever. Lastly they threw on a bogus 10% tax which is never advertised anywhere. Come to find it is used a a way to compensate employees as they are not payed a salary. Again keep in mind that you are at the end of the word and quality varies. But my over all experience at this restaurant is that they are a tourist trap and do not need return business as their are trains of new suckers every hour. There are other better restaurants here so just do some work before you dine.

1  Thank Francisco G
Reviewed July 15, 2014

My girlfriend and i both had steaks here, hers was a little unercooked but she does like it very well done. she was still happy with her meal as was i .
The service was good.
However they did try to add a tax but when chalenged this soon reduced to next to nothing.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Food OK for me but my wife left hers after ordering spaghetti neapolitan as she is vegetarian and receiving spaghetti Bolognese with meat.

30% tax "Machu Picchu" added as an added bonus and I refused to pay.

Don't bother with this place, there are much better options in town

1  Thank R1200GSA
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Stopped for lunch to watch the world cup and though a beer and a pizza. we asked about the pizza and we were told that it would be thin a crunchy. To our big surprise it was totally soogy and the chesse is a local cheese that is thick and with a powerful taste. When the server asked what happened she said that was the way they made pizzas. I told her why didnt you tell me when I asked she stated that she didnt understand although I speak fluent spanish. The pizza was not removed from the bill b-c she wasnt autherioded to do so. However, she was capable of selling us a bill of goods.

1  Thank cazu247