“Great place to stay”
Review of Andina Luxury

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aguas Calientes
Andina Luxury
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed one night prior to going to Machu Picchu. Location is excellent, easy access to restaurants/market/train/bus to Machu Picchu (not that the town is THAT big, but at least we didn't have to walk up hill to get to this place). We luckily stayed in a room that's on the river side - great view plus then the noise from the train wasn't a problem. Breakfast has a wide selection. And the jacuzzi tub in the bathroom was a big plus. Big enough to fit 2 people in it, so we soaked in that instead of going to the hot springs.
They stored our luggage the next day when we were in Machu Picchu and picking them up after the trip was not a problem.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 31, 2012

We stayed at the Andina luxury hotel during our stay in Aguas Calientes. In order to make this reservation since I didn't use a travel agent i had to contact the company directly called SIA hotels. Two people confirmed with me the room - Carolina and Evelyn for $90 USD. When we arrived for check in, the front desk lady told us it was $120 for the room instead of $90. I showed them my two confirmation emails from their staff and she called the office. After about 10 minutes on the phone she hangs up and tells me "it is not possible". She said they made a mistake in the price and it is not $90 and I would have to pay $120 for the room. $30 isn't a huge deal but the fact that I confirmed it twice for $90 made this situation rather annoying. If they made the mistake they can't tell me when I show up that they made a mistake and not take responsibility for it but they refused to do so and I paid the full price. That to me made me rank it as average place to stay.

Now the facility is not bad, it's located right on the train track and by the Urabamba river. Word of advice make sure to request the river side room else you will be hearing the trains constantly. We had a nice, 1 bedroom king size facing the urabamba river. There are no elevators that I saw so only stairs (keep in mind if have a lot of luggage). The rooms are pretty comfortable, they have free Wi FI and the view of the Urabamba made it much more comfortable. You will hear the river all night so light sleepers keep this in mind. The room had a balacony that we could go out and view the river. The room also had a jacuzzi which was nice after the long trip through Haiyna Picchu and Machu Picchu. Additionally they include a breakfast that was pretty good. It was buffet style and provided the essentials (meats, cereal, pancakes, toast, eggs, etc) and also hot tea and a variety of drinks. So give it a plus there

It takes about 5 minutes to walk to where the bus is, so location was very convenient for us. Also they were helpful in keeping out bags after check out that allowed us to go view the city. The only thing not allowing me to give them a 4 rating was the initial dispute on price and the mistake they made, otherwise it's a good stay and worthwhile.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room on the river side, not the train side else you'll be hearing the train c...
1  Thank Winston S
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stay in this hotel in our trip to machupicchu and actually this hotel is very good, modern, clean, large room, well decorated, the bathroom is large and they provide great shampoo, sewing kits, shoes shiners, and shower caps. The breakfast is excellent, they have elevator ( a plus in Cusco and machupicchu area). The tracks of the train are there , it is across the street from train station, people say is loud but we sleep ok, the river is in the back but have good insulation. Really this hotel in aguas calientes ia above average, if you want to stay more fancy, you will love it!!! Internet wi-fi works great on lobby area, they have tv and sofas, so it was great waiting area before taking the train across the street, the bank is near by, restaurants around...really it is a good place. The main picture of the hotel showed here on trip advisor it is not from hotel... the travelers pictures are from the hotel , the hotel is a modern concrete building color yellow and has beautiful decoration. Modern instalations and all near by. We recommend this hotel to all travelers that want to stay in a real 3 star instalations on their machupicchu trip.

Room Tip: Any rom facing the river.
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I would have given this hotel 4 stars as it is a very nice hotel to stay in with large rooms and good facilities. However, as mentioned in some of the other reviews it is right on the train tracks. This is a major problem so i would suggest DONT STAY HERE IF WANT TO GET ANY SLEEP. The trains run until 11PM which is fine if you are out late but if you are planning on getting up early to go to Machu Picchu as we were you won´t sleep! The trains literally feel like they are coming through your bedroom! If you are staying here i suggest the top floor overlooking the river but better still try elsewhere!

Room Tip: Top floor overlooking river or better still another hotel!
2  Thank heathce
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I agree with the comments... professional photos are not of the Andina in Aguas Calientes, and it is noisy. We found this hotel nice, though. Several 120 volt outlets in the room were nice. TV was large (36 or 42 inch) and our particular room had a balcony and also small sitting area to eat. This room was larger than the typical Peruvian hotel room of the same price. When you book, see if you can get a room facing the river, not the train tracks. The hotel would not change our room to the river view. Not sure if that was because they were booked, or because they didn't want to, but either way, maybe you can request that when booking. Luckily the trains do not run at night, so you won't be interrupted during sleep. The hotel location is fine, but it is not the closest to the city center. Just a quick walk that we didn't mind, but keep that in mind. The hotel kept our luggage while we went to Machu Picchu and didn't mind that we had to sit in the lobby for a while to wait for our train later that day. I would definitely stay again if I go back, especially since the price is much better than some of the other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the river have best view. Not sure if all rooms have a balcony, so might ask for that...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2012

The professional photos on this page are actually for the Eco Andina hotel near Sacred Valley in the town of Urubamba!
The traveller photos are accurate however. The actual building is a golden yellow as depicted in those photos. Please do not be fooled, so you will not be disappointed later. My travel agent booked this hotel for me this week, and I have not yet stayed here yet, but we have a room with a river view and jacuzzi :)
I will write an actual review after my stay in September.

I actually did quite a bit of research into hotels in Aguas Calientes and this is one of the better ones! There aren't many hotels that one would consider elegant in Aguas Calientes, except the ones that start at $250 USD/ night (and that is in the low travel season).

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Joanna111286
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed here one night before going to Machu Picchu. It is a small hotel but very comfortable, clean, and the service was good. The rooms with the river in the back are great, even though we arrived at night and left early the next morning so could not see it very well... but we definitely could hear it. Great stay!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family