“Great Food Hidden Among the Tourist Town Pizzarias”
Review of The Tree House

The Tree House
Cuisines: Peruvian, Contemporary, International, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our team in The Tree House Restaurant works with passion to create what some of our guests tell us is their best dinning experience in South America.
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Aguas Calientes is not know for its cuisine. The town has little history and exists purely as a stop over for Machu Picchu visitors. As such it is loaded with pizza places, burger joints and places selling simple Peruvian dishes and comfort foods from home. There are, however, a very few places which break this rule and The Treehouse is clearly among them.

It’s a little tough to find, not far from the central square but off an alley then up a narrow flight of steps. It’s worth finding. Here the food runs to creative renditions of Peruvian classic foods, sometimes with an Italian or Thai twist. There is cuy, of course, and plenty of alpaca but is far better prepared than usual. The plating is artful, the space warm and comfortable, the staff friendly and courteous. In short, it’s a great place to linger over a delicious meal after a long day of hiking at Machu Picchu or train ride from Cusco.

localexpertCusco, Propietario at The Tree House, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear Visitor

Thanks for choosing The Tree House Restaurant and thanks for sharing your experience.
We are constantly doing an effort to be better, and this is reflected in the travelers reviews, thanks and all are welcomed to try our menu.

P.D By the way the street is almost finished so now is even easier to try our food, no excuses.

See you

Alvaro Bedoya

Owner
operations@rupawasi.net

There are newer reviews for The Tree House

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I'm from New Orleans. We take a lot of pride in our food. It is unusual for food, while traveling to impress me. But, I loved everything about this place. Everything was well prepared and presented. Nice atmosphere. I enjoyed dinner so much, I had them prepare the box lunch for my trek to Machu Picchu. If you want a great meal.....this is the place. Best meal in all of Peru by a long shot.

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

It was a bit of a struggle getting there, since the steep road leading up to the restaurant is pretty much non-existent due to some sort of maintenance. But if you best the ramps and the precariously incomplete steps it is well worth the climb. This food is absolutely the best in town. Great flavour, good portions. The waitress was supernice and attentive. And they also have a lunchbox delivery service for your trip to Machu Picchu. It was delivered to our hotel at 5 am, great service!

localexpertCusco, Propietario at The Tree House, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear Guest, thanks for visiting our Restaurant, unfortunately they are giving maintenance to the street, and they are pretty much done. Also thanks for the positive feedback, we are always doing a effort to get better.

To all the future visitors you are always welcomed, we will receive you , with the best flavors and ingredients this region offers.

Regards

Alvaro Bedoya

Owner

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Great grourmet food made to order. The long wait was absolutely worthy!! The place is charming and service was perfect. Very friendly staff. We travelled with 3 children and they aaccomadated our needs very nicely.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I'm a foodie. I am extremely picky about what I eat, constantly am changing recipes to improve them, oh, and I also have a bakery.

I loved the food here so much that I ate here every night that I was in Aguas Calientes (3 nights). Highly recommend it. Since I'm also lactose and soy intolerant they were also able to recommend meals that worked for me.

Getting there:
Ask for Rupa Wasi hotel.. or.. from the main square stand directly in front of the statues and then turn around. With your backs to the statues go down the street that's at 11:00. Walk down this street and take your first street on your right. The street is currently (10/2013) under heavy construction. You will have to walk past piles of dirt, over wet concrete and up wooden planks. Don't worry, it'll totally be worth it.

Other notes: Wi-fi is also fast and reliable here.