“Great food off the beaten path!!,”
Review of The Tree House

The Tree House
Cuisines: Peruvian, South American, International, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Our team in The Tree House Restaurant works with passion to create what some of our guests tell us is their best dinning experience in South America.
Miami, Florida
“Great food off the beaten path!!,”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Great grourmet food made to order. The long wait was absolutely worthy!! The place is charming and service was perfect. Very friendly staff. We travelled with 3 children and they aaccomadated our needs very nicely.

• Visited June 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Palo Alto, California, United States
“Great Food”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I'm a foodie. I am extremely picky about what I eat, constantly am changing recipes to improve them, oh, and I also have a bakery.

I loved the food here so much that I ate here every night that I was in Aguas Calientes (3 nights). Highly recommend it. Since I'm also lactose and soy intolerant they were also able to recommend meals that worked for me.

Getting there:
Ask for Rupa Wasi hotel.. or.. from the main square stand directly in front of the statues and then turn around. With your backs to the statues go down the street that's at 11:00. Walk down this street and take your first street on your right. The street is currently (10/2013) under heavy construction. You will have to walk past piles of dirt, over wet concrete and up wooden planks. Don't worry, it'll totally be worth it.

Other notes: Wi-fi is also fast and reliable here.

Toronto, Canada
“Don't eat anywhere else but here, seriously”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We ate at 3 restaurants for 3 meals while at Machu Picchu. We all wished we had ate at the Tree House for all of our meals, even the tour-included buffet restaurant ... we should have skipped in favour of this place despite already having pre-paid for the buffet meal.
One reviewer recommended to stay away from any place serving pizza or burgers. I echo that piece of advice. Don't! You will regret it if you find this place afterwards.
Some kind soul has marked it in GoogleMaps. Draw a map, starting from the plaza square.
The route: off the main sqaure, look to the street under construction with workers in hard hats. You will not be given a hard hat but you must go eastward. Then there will be sign for the Tree House on a hydro pole beside a staircase to the right. That staircase is very under construction. We had to traverse a wood plank with 2x4 steps nailed in it to traverse where there are actually no stairs built yet.
The reward: one of the most chill and relaxed atmospheres I've ever been to and one of the best meals I've ever had. The price is the SAME as one of those terrible tourist restaurants that we had the first night. Quality ingredients, superior presentation, and amazing taste and flavours.
I ordered the grilled alpaca and it was perfectly cooked with homemade BBQ sauce. Compared to the horrible chewy, tough grilled tourist alpaca I had the night before, this was like a dream. If we had not found this place, I would have thought alpaca to be a tough meat that isn't that great.
We also ordered the Quinnotto which had 3 types of quinoa in it. Amazing.
The other dish ordered was the Ensalada Sashimi Tiradito. Also great.
I have very few regrets in life. I regret that we didn't come here for all 3 of our meals so I could systematically try more of the menu and that we wasted 2 meals on "turista" bland fare.

1 Thank Nekkura
Phoenix
“Best food in Cuzco and possibly all of South America.”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This restaurant spurred me to actually write my first review on Tripadvisor. The flavor of the food is amazing and the presentation is even more amazing. You would think you were in New York just by how this food looks. It's almost to beautiful to eat. I had the alpaca which I highly recommend having. It's a little tricky to find but once you do it's well worth it. Note that the stairs leading up to the restaurant are under construction but do not let that sway you from eating here. Construction should be done in 2 months. (Ok it's Peru so 4 months) Also the kitchen is directly below the restaurant and visible on your way in/out. Make sure and tell them what an excellent meal you had.

Waltham, Massachusetts
“Great service and excellent food!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

After reading the great reviews on tripadvisor, we decided to have dinner at the Tree House while at Aguas Calientes and boy, was that a good decision. The restaurant is tucked away in one of the inner lanes and can be hard to find, but its certainly worth the effort ! The vegetarian options were great. We got some potato bread to start with which was complimentary, followed by a soup and quinoa with vegetables. We ended with brownie and icecream for dessert. I would highly recommend this restaurant!

1 Thank Anj_Sh