“Best restaurant in overpriced Aguas Calientes”
Review of The Tree House

The Tree House
Cuisines: Peruvian, Contemporary, International, Fusion
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our team in The Tree House Restaurant works with passion to create what some of our guests tell us is their best dinning experience in South America.
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We've been to Tree House for dinner, recommended by our hotel. It was late nigh (almost 10PM) and they were fair enough to ask how many people we were when we arrived. We're two and they could attend us. And even though I know they were closing, hey attended us with a smile in their faces. It was a great surprise to find this place there.
The atmosphere is very cozy, service is excellent and the food was amazing, I had a quinoa risotto with chicken that was of the best I had in Peru. My hubby had alpaca with pasta and was also delicious.
After a tiring and complicated day for us, Tree House changed our mood!
And, it's not cheap, but its price is accordingly with similar restaurants in Peru. And I believe is the best place to eat in Aguas Calientes, considering that all other restaurants in the city cost more or less the same and offer nothing as close as Tree House. Just go there!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,402)

Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner there my first night. Really friendly and nice staff. Decorations is rreally nice, warm and modern and made me think of an upscale place in new York or San Francisco. Quite a surprise. The food was good though not amazing but still excellent given where you are!

Note to management _ you need to allow guests to include tips onthe bill since people dnot always have loose change. Its not fair to the staff who are so friendly and good.

1  Thank pmork
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Can't rave enough about the service, selection and quality of the food at The Tree House. We had breakfast, lunch (box for Machu Picchu) and dinner (three course) while staying at their sister hotel, Rupa Wasi. If you are in Aguas Caliente, go to The Tree House.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I've eaten at the Treehouse twice now and both meals were memorable. The first time I went with a group of friends and family the day that we arrived in Aguas Calientes after finishing the Inca Trail and it was a special experience - although after being on the trail for four days, just having wine and eating inside was novel. The second time was last week with my parents and husband and we had a fantastic night. Having eaten at a range of places in Aguas Calientes, including some of the other top-reviewed locations, the food is a cut above anything else that is available. The service was excellent on both visits and it was clear that the restaurant cared about our dining experience.

Treehouse also offers box lunches that you can pre-order to have delivered to your hotel. I noticed it the first time we ate there and this past trip to we ordered lunches for the two days we spent at Machu Picchu. They deliver any time after 4:30am and it was really convenient to have snacks for the day with us, and it meant we didn't have to stand in line at the overpriced and crowded snack stand at the base of Machu Picchu. You can order via email - we will definitely do this again the next time we visit.

Overall, a gem of a restaurant and I will definitely be back.

1  Thank sshadds
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We had a delicious meal at the Tree House restaurant. The atmosphere was cozy but casual, the service was great, and the food was excellent. Everything we ordered was wonderful with the exception of a somewhat mediocre brownie dessert. Highlights included quinoa breaded trout, sweet potato ravioli, grilled alpaca, and passion fruit pie. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Laura F