“Worth searching for...”
Review of The Tree House

The Tree House
Cuisines: Peruvian, Contemporary, International, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our team in The Tree House Restaurant works with passion to create what some of our guests tell us is their best dinning experience in South America.
Reviewed May 26, 2013

What a fantastic, beautiful restaurant Tree House is! It's worth the 60 stairs climb to reach it and experience the best food we had in Peru. A special mention to our waiter/waitress Mijail and Veronica, they were outstanding- nothing was too much trouble for them, even searching out lactose free milk! And Cesar the chef has a gift with food, amazing!
Thank you Tree House for providing us with exceptional food. Search out Tree House when you're in Aguas Calientes, it's a special place!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Great place to enjoy a healthy meal. My husband and I spent a few hours up the hill (Machupicchu) and wanted to enjoy a good meal. After scoping out a few others we saw that this place had great reviews. The food was excellent and very well priced. I had the crispy chicken which could of used a bit more sauce, was a bit on the dry side without the sauce, but overall it was really good. We had a nice bottle of white wine too.
The service was a bit slow but I probably only say that because we had a train to catch.
We would def eat here again.

3  Thank taramc8
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I was staying at Rupawasi and heard about the cooking classes being offered by The Tree House Restaurant for $35 (American).

I had a great time! We learned how to make Pisco Sours, Ceviche, and Chicken with Couscous.
Not only did we actually get to physically make the drinks and courses, we also go to drink and eat it too! And it was definitely enough food for a meal. I barely finished mine!

The staff was fantastic and informative, the food was delicious, and the group was small (it seems to be set up this way) so that it is a personal experience.

Don't worry if you don't speak spanish. The bartender was able to speak fluently in English and even though the chef did not, another worker translated everything for me. So it was perfect.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

This restaurant was a recommendation from a friend who lives in the Sacred Valley. We finished up our tour of Machu Picchu and had a few hours to kill before our train departed. We decided to try out Tree House for a late lunch. This restaurant is a little out of the way (lots and lots of stairs), and kinda tricky to find (especially in the middle of a downpour), but once there, it was well worth the trouble. We were all exhausted and starving, and the food here was delicious. I had the thai chicken (awesome), my friend had the quinoa risotto (equally awesome), and our vegetarian friend had the green salad which she said was great. We pretty much had the dining room to ourselves, and it ended up being a great place to get out of the rain, relax, and enjoy a glass of wine while we waited for the train home.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Wow.....we really enjoyed our dinner here! Treehouse is tucked away away from the other restaurants of AC where you get hassled every 2 feet to enter a restaurant. Treehouse was like a relaxed, calm oasis in Aguas Calientes. We had trouble finding it from our Google Map directions but a local security guard assisted us and we climbed a tonne of steps to get there...but on arrival it was so worth it. The ambiance alone gets 5 stars! We ordered the quinotto & the thai chicken and both were tasty. The quinotto was incredible....I adored it....& it was hands down the best meal I had in AC. Hubby had the thai chicken and it he enjoyed it....it was more like a stiryfry than a thai stirfry.....but nevertheless still good. Service was a touch slow but overall it was great.