“Yep, go here.”

Indio Feliz Restaurant Bistro
Cuisines: French, Peruvian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Salida, Colorado
“Yep, go here.”
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Awesome. Great food. Good value and laid back atmosphere. Highly recommended. Enjoy killer food without letting dressed up. We did the full meal deal instead of a la carte and it was well worth it. So now I am killing space to fill up this silly 100 character minimum blah blah blah blah blah blah

Visited March 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
New York City, New York
“Food is topnotch, great value, unfortunately still lacking good service”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I reviewed this place a couple of years past when I traveled to Aguas Calientes. Not much has changed though. As I recalled the food being really good I decided to give it a try again, considering that in a couple of years on my second trip to Machu Picchu by chance this could have changed.

Unfortunately, we weren't promptly assisted as we walked in, even though they had several people on the floor working. The excuse I guess is that they had a group upstairs, but still an empty restaurant to serve on the first floor.
Once seated our drinks took a long time to get to the table, so did our food. Luckily the warm, fresh bread that they gave us was outstanding, and helped us make the wait not too painful.

When our drinks arrived, the apps came right after. I asked for pineapple juice which was warm, so I had to get the attention of one of the servers in order to get more ice.

We chose to have the prix-fixe menu,which included and appetizer, a main course and dessert. Great value as you pay around 60 soles plus drinks for the menu, whereas paying for a single dish is around 45-50 soles.
I ordered the quiche, which I enjoyed, light and fluffy, and their dough wouldn't break. My friends had the tomato soup, which they said it was great.
For the main course I had the beef tenderloin skewer and my friends trout. My beef was cooked right to temperature, the sauce was a bit on the sweet side, but was good. I loved the sides, specially the stuffed tomatoes. The chips with garlic and parsley were good.

When we were done, it took them a while to notice we had finished, and then they brought dessert. I remember my chocolate mousse to be very smooth and rich, the small glass was enough after the meal.

To get our check it took them another 10 minutes, I didn't understand as the group had left and they had only 2 more tables to serve. Such a pity for such a great quality regarding their food. I hope to give it a try if I happen to come back again, but hopefully they will improve their service. I guess as it is a town based in tourism they do not really appreciate their customers, so they think they will always get away with it.

• Visited February 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Charming & Delicious”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

After getting a bit of a tummy bug in a local small place in ague clients, we wanted a nice meal after machu picchu. So glad we checked out El Indio Feliz! The restaurant was warm and charming with an eclectic decor. The tasting menu had HUGE portions, which I couldn't finish despite feeling starving. The spicy trout was great and so is the apple tart dessert.

• Visited March 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Not Pervian, but a must to eat”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

After spending a day exploring Machu Picchu I arrived back in Aguas Calientes in need of a good meal before my early morning trek up Nuevo Picchu. Initially didn't want to eat anything that wasn't local, but after being harassed by the local restaurants, mostly pizzerias, I stumbled onto this restaurants that is French infused with local flavors. I've eaten French food in restaurants all around the world and this is best and I've ever had and I've been to France. The owner found out it was my birthday and sent out a special Pisco sour, followed by a fine cognac. Overlook the mis-mass of eclectic details that is Indio Feliz and enjoy the food. Really i can't talk it up enough, only wished I remembered to take pictures f the food.

• Visited March 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Good stuff ”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Great spot to recuperate after hiking MP. They've got a reasonably priced (55 soles I think?) tasting menu which includes app, main and desert. We all tried and were not disappointed.

1 Thank Pampler