“Best meal in Peru!”

Indio Feliz Restaurant Bistro
Cuisines: French, Peruvian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 15, 2013

The 3 course dinner here is great. I had the tomatoe soup, mango chicken, and cholcolate mouse for dessert. Everything was great, especially the bread they brought us while we were waiting. I would definitely go back!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,278)

Reviewed December 9, 2013

We ate here on a recommendation from friends who had traveled to Machu Pichu. We had the Avocado/Papaya Salad, Ahi de Gallina, and a local fish. It was all good and I would go back in heart beat! It is very touristy and pricey for what you get but it was good.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

The food was good, not great, and cost about double of another restaurant that I thought had better food. The menu had a good but limited offering of meal choices; the bar had an extensive (and also over-priced) offering of beverages. I did not go back as I had originally intended to do.

Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

We came to this restaurant based on recommendation from our hotel and a frequent traveller to this town. Lunch is an option between a set menu or a la carte. Price wise it's definitely a better option to order from the set menu. So where's the problem? Starting with the service, you get a combination of nice waiters and waitresses to a few with just bad attitudes. So we were served our starters within minutes of ordering. The two types of soup were pretty ordinary. Not bad, not good. Then guess what? They brought out our dessert...well, where's the main dish!?? So we told the guy we hadn't gotten our main dish yet, without a word he goes into the kitchen....comes back out with our food and literally slammed and "tossed" onto the table. Walked away. Wow! 5 star for service!!! Once we were done with our main course, dessert was brought out. Down to my last spoon of ice cream...what did I feel poking into the inside of my mouth? A sharp piece of plastic! 1 inch long and a half centimeter wide. Wow! Very thankful it didn't puncture my mouth or swallow it! So I informed someone about it and asked for the check. Lunch came out to be $60 USD with an apology from the nicer waitress who just told me..."don't worry, it's not glass...just plastic...I'm sorry" Uhmmm yeah hard sharp plastic!!! Such a disappointing meal...but more importantly such an extremely unacceptable service. Please enter at your own risk!

1  Thank Th623
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were traveling to Peru on a budget, but since we had heard so many good things about Indio Feliz, we decided to splurge on dinner and give it a try...twice...it was a highlight of the trip. Especially because so many restaurants in Aguas Calientes are already overpriced, we were able to justify two whole dinners here. The pasta was PERFECT, one of the least expensive things on the menu, and the whole day we were at Machu Picchu my boyfriend couldn't stop talking about it. Great service and a menu that will comfort any homesick traveler (plus the butter is REAL)!