“Try the Tagliatelle”

El Indio Feliz Restaurant Bistro
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Try the Tagliatelle”
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were traveling to Peru on a budget, but since we had heard so many good things about Indio Feliz, we decided to splurge on dinner and give it a try...twice...it was a highlight of the trip. Especially because so many restaurants in Aguas Calientes are already overpriced, we were able to justify two whole dinners here. The pasta was PERFECT, one of the least expensive things on the menu, and the whole day we were at Machu Picchu my boyfriend couldn't stop talking about it. Great service and a menu that will comfort any homesick traveler (plus the butter is REAL)!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Vancouver, Canada
“Unexpected surprise when inside”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We honestly wondered what the tour guide was leading us into a pub for when we arrived. Once inside, we really enjoyed ourselves. Quite crowded so if you are sitting at a large table, difficult to get in and out. Food was delicious and the side dishes were hardly touched as we had so much other food on our plates. Noisy and fun would be the best way to describe the restaurant. Los banos was something else though. Make sure you open the correct door on the ladies side otherwise you will be peeking into the men's. We were with a large group, had pre-ordered and it was a bit chaotic for the servers to match the food with the appropriate people. They did a good job though.

• Visited October 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Expensive but good food service”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Was almost full when I arrived but owner and staff were cheerful and found me a table. Ordered grilled trucha. Excellent and large portion. Sides dishes were great. The yuca (some people call it tapioca) chips were fantastic.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank manitree
“Great food for a great price”
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

This place was a great way to end our tour of Machu Picchu. For 60 sole (about 25$ US) I got an amazing three course meal. I had the chicken in pisco sauce which tasted delicious and was very tender. It came with a great soup for an appetizer and I had an amazing price of Apple pie for desert. I would definitely recommend this to anyone traveling through Aguascalientes.

“By far the best”
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the best restaurants I've been to in a long time, even compared to my hometown in the USA! Atmosphere can't be beat. They speak English. We did the Feliz meal which is 59,5 soles each but includes appetizer, entree, and dessert. No complaints about any of it. Peruvian creole soup, French onion soup, pasta, spicy trout, apple pie, and chocolate mousse. Unforgettable....take your camera!

Visited November 2013