All reviews the bus alpaca expeditions basic hotel wake up early near the train station easy access luggage storage comfortable bed clean rooms hotel staff convenient location stayed here for one night yogurt town ruins hairdryer andes
Reviewed September 7, 2018

I took this hotel due to an emergency. When my family and I got to Aguas Calientes, we were shocked to learn that there is no taxi service. Our original hotel was way up where my grandmother could not walk and therefore we landed in this hotel. If we would have walked 2 doors down, we would have gotten a better hotel at a better price (30 soles a night). However, I landed in this nightmare. When I got to this hotel I explained the situation to the receptionist, she charged me charged me 380$ (dollars)… but she said if we paid her in cash...she would lower it to 350$(dollars). That is a lot of money for 2 days and one night for 3 rooms. I know this because another hotel had offered (afterwards) 90 soles a day for 3 rooms for the same amount of time. So at the moment, since we were desperate...we decided to take the offer. We paid the receptionist 50$ in cash...and told her we would pay the rest late in the day. Due to issues with ATM, we were only able to take out $160 for that day. The receptionist was very insistent on it being cash. So much so that my mom made a joke about her pocketing the money and not providing a receipt when we checked out. I laughed and told my mom to stop it since I can be very naïve. We were going to pay her the other amount the next day. We had offered from the beginning to pay with credit card...but the receptionist was very insistent on obtaining cash. After we went to our rooms...we were very unhappy with the rooms and they were NOT worth the amount of money we were paying. The rooms were very small. The electricity wasn't working. The bathrooms were dirty and rusting. We even found a roach and demanded they change us into another room. They did change us...but the other room was very similar. In my grandmothers room there was no access to a phone, no heat, no tv...no nothing. Access to the Wifi was a joke.... literally took 30mins to log onto anything on my phone. When it was my birthday...the staff didn't even say happy birthday or anything. The customer service there was horrible. There was only one receptionist that was good and she was from Venezuela. I felt so bad for her for working at a place like that. The breakfast is basic and reusable. They put it out there and whatever anyone doesn't eat, they will put it back for the next day. On our last night, the nice Venezuelan receptionist told us that we could pay with the credit card. We did, and she returned a receipt for 300$. We told her we had paid 350$ and needed a receipt. The receptionist reported that there was no record of that additional $50. After inquiring with the first receptionist, the first receptionist reported that she had done some mistake but would fix it the next day. However, the first receptionist came to our room the next day and requested my mother say she only paid 300$. I was so angry by that point that I told her to bring us the receipt or give us the money back. In the end, the managers had to step in and they gave my mom her $50 back. So we only paid $300. My mom had such a good heart that she pleaded with the manager for the woman to keep her job (which she did). Overall, the experience in this hotel was horrible and I would never recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Pedro C, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Inti Punku, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

We will begin this answer indicating that this great history of tendentious comments doesn’t belong to this hotel but to another one, according to our follow up corresponds to the "ALAMEDA INN"
About Aguas Calientes (Machupicchu Town) is a populated center that is in the middle of a Historic and Natural Sanctuary therefore has many legal restrictions to have all the traffic, pollution, modernity and super high speed internet that large modern cities has, and in the middle of it We try to offer you all the comforts and possible facilities so that your visit to Machupicchu is an unforgettable experience, that if you should forget the luxuries offered by the big hotels.
And for the amounts that they wanted to pay $ 50.00 / night room in a place where the room costs no less than $ 80.00 whose servant gave you the discount of his life to help in your emergency, since such discounts were not allowed that you misunderstanding indicating that She wanted to steal from you, contradictorily after telling this whole novel, you try to protect.
After all this answer We regret not having been able to meet the expectations of your stay for all the money that you pay for a super basic hotel.
We also hope that you remove this comment from this portal or place it in the right place "Alameda Inn"

Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights. The water from the tap is not suitable to drink so they sell you $3 bottles of water. Noisy. Breakfast good. Close to trains. Far from buses. I think there are better places to stay and likely cost less

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank 64falcon260
Pedro C, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Inti Punku, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear customer We apprecite for share your comments. As in any hotel we have the frigobar at your disposal is an extra consumption that is charged (Each product has its rate in the letter indicated in your room), the costs of these are justified by the transportation of the area. _ You will have verified when you buy your train tickets and travel time from the city of Cusco_ We are close to the train station, and we have thermoacoustic windows, it is only a question of closing them well so as not to perceive the noise of the trains and we are 100m (5 min walking in a straight line) of the bus station, fortunately we are not near the buses because the noise and traffic there is very complicated.

Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

This is a nice place to stay however the rooms are small. Didn't need the room for anything but sleeping, so it was OK for us. Breakfast wasn't ready when we needed it,but had fruit and rolls to eat. Had to leave by 4:45AM. Staff friendly and could leave our gear until we returned.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Michael F

Dear Michael, thank you for sharing your qualification and experience, we are always willing to serve you and give you our best!

Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

We recently stayed here as part of a group tour. We had a room that opened up to the main staircase/lobby. It was very noisy with all the comings and goings. We had a very nice dinner at the hotel and it was well located to walk around the town.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends

Dear customer, thank you for sharing your qualification and experience, We're always willing to serve you and give you our best. Sometimes we have the excitement and the joy in excess for being in Machu Picchu, but we try to serve all our visitors equally. We hope your soon back !!!

Reviewed July 10, 2018

We stayed her for one night after walking the Inca Trail, so the best thing I remember was the lovely comfortable bed, after camping for 3 nights. The room was fairly standard, and our view was particularly uninspiring, as we had views of corrugated iron roofs. When we arrived it sounded like a band was practicing somewhere, but luckily this stopped after about an hour. The bathroom was OK, but we did have issues with hot water, which was a bit annoying as we really needed a shower after 4 days walking.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family

The town of aguas calientes is an exceptional place, small, well concentrated and saturated in a small area, not like other large cities where it is well planned with due anticipation, we try to provide the best we can to our visitors in the middle of the majestic mountains of the Historic and Natural Sanctuary of Machupicchu, We are always improving to satisfy all our visitors.

The hot water only has to open the entire lave so that in less than a minute you have the hot water you require. Our reception is a call away for what you need, Waiting for your soon return, We are very grateful to share your comments.