Victoria Crown Plaza Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
H210(Lagos)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsturn down servicevictoria islandrooms are largehard rock cafewestern dishesbusiness triplocal dishesrestaurant staffvery nice hotelhotel is locatedenjoyed my stayhouse keepingcustomer service ismy colleaguepool sideeko hotelvcp
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I was there with several colleagues for quite a long time in Nov. 2013. We found the rooms were spectacular with all the amenities you could want. The food choices were great and most importantly the whole staff from the GM down to all the staff were so friendly and supportive of us staying so long which was out of our control. Thank you to all of you great people at the VCP. I will be sure to stay there again when I have to go back to Lagos!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good!
1  Thank Colin S
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Excellent location for business travelers. Hotel itself is a bit worn, but still good value for your money. Staff is nice as they usually are in Lagos. Service was flexible and friendly really, that helped my stay. Would choose again for my next trip.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

As other reviews already pointed out: even if you have booked "including breakfast" and you have printed out the website which confirms "including continental breakfast" and you show your print at the front desk (Mrs. Uche) - you still have to pay extra for your breakfast. Be warned.
If you have booked a "room with a balcony" you do not necessarily GET a room with a balcony. Be warned.
If you book a penthouse king room (double bed) and you - let's say - are romantically active that night and use the double bed with TWO people: you are charged extra. "Double occupancy". Never experienced that in any other hotel. Be warned once more.
The rest of the staff is very kind, prompt and helpful, especially room service. The breakfast table is nicely done.
The penthouse king room had signs of water damage and mold at a few spots of the room, which were provisorically painted over - with mixed results. Does not look posh, really. The single cockroach in my room might have immigrated through the open sliding window, I'll give them that.
The hotel itself is just not posh. It is an old box.
Oh, and yes. Noisy "discussions" coming from girls in the kitchen while you start your day at the breakfast table: not really professional, ladies. Put your b-fight somewhere else. I am not paying for this.
Conclusion: if you have a smaller budget and you are not so picky, if you are aware that you have to pay extra for things which were "included" - it actually might be a good choice. Victoria Island is great. From the VCP you get fast to many nice places. But the VCP itself - is not a "nice place".

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Frank Severijn v
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I stay at the VCP Lagos every time I travel to Lagos and I keep on going back because of the great hospitality I receive from all the staff members. I usually stay at the VCP for more than a week at a time and each and every staff member from the guys at the check-in, the restaurant, laundry, house keeping the pool bar and the manager Paul go out of their way to ensure I have a smooth stay and make me feel at home.
As a business traveller I like the size of the room as it is not as cramped as many other hotels, good internet connections (compared to every where else in Lagos), efficient laundry service and a great area by the pool to relax and have meetings.
I recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Lagos and guarantee you will be back!!

1  Thank moiz m
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Very good service ,Very clean rooms , Manager was very helpful , Rooms are very large and very clean and nice and quiet . Stayed here for a few days and will definately return to this hotel .we have stayed in a few hotels in Lagos and i found this one to be the best . ideal for meetings and relaxing .

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business