“Good, but, never again”

Ranked #32 of 131 Hotels in Lagos
Amman, Jordan
“Good, but, never again”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

The company I work for booked me a stay in Palmview Manor, so I had no choice which hotel to book. The hotel is on Victoria Island extension, Lagos, in a very good location - close to the uptown hotels and restaurants. The staff were friendly and with big genuine smiles on their faces all the time. Clean rooms, comfy bed, and delicious food. Internet was very slow, so for someone who is on a business trip, this would be horrible. First night, there was no hot water in the toilet, and the 3rd day morning, there was no water at all. They sent me 2 water buckets; one with cold water and one with hot water... The shower water taps need serious plumbing. I don't mind staying here when on a vacation-pleasure, but if you're planning to stay here for a business trip, I don't recommend it. I asked for a driver one night and they called a driver for me who didn't speak proper English and I had to struggle to explain where I wanted to go. The room had a UPS (uninterruptable power supply device) so every time there was a power outage in the middle of the night I woke up all of a sudden listening to the voice of the device beeping... I believe that this is one of the best places to stay in Lagos. All they have to do is pay attention to the details and make their services consistent.

Room Tip: Check the AC and plumbing in the toilet once you arrive.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank YousefOmar

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Lagos
Reviewed October 20, 2010

My stay at The Palmview Manor hotel was a wonderful experience. They have very good rooms, speed delivery of service both in the room and restaurant. I had the opportunity of witnessing their newly introduced programme called 'Thank God Its Friday', it was beautiful.
They have good water supply and the hot water was coming out very fast.
My whole experience was a wonderful one and I felt like home away from home.
Thank you for making my stay a wonderful stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Andy8681
austell
Reviewed October 14, 2010

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The bed was soooo comfortable, i did not even want to get up. I like the uniforms, and oh were the staff very friendly. The breakfast was so good, and they had all these flavored milk/cream for coffee. Earlier, i read some reviews about the hot water, but believe me the water was very hotttt, and i did not have to wait at all, the problem has been solved. They have a TGIF party every fridays, was chanced to attend with my friends. There was very good music and the grilled food was great. let's just say that, i look forward to going back there.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Abuja
Reviewed September 14, 2010

The staff were very friendly and courteous. from the front desk to the restaurant there was aboundance of smiles.
The room I stayed in was well cleaned and the bed was so comfortable you could be late for an appointment. This particular room did not have a balcony though I later found out that the rooms with balcony were all occupied.
I love the quiet atmosphere for resting but for a fun catcher you may get bore. I was told before I checked out that an event known as THANK GOD IT"S FRIDAY will be taking place every Friday from september. There will be music, assorted BBQs,food and drinks at discounted prices. An opportunity to unwind and socialize.
I look forward to this on my next visit.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank rollingskywalker
Stavanger
Reviewed November 9, 2009

I stopped here in September after previously staying at the VCP hotel in Lagos. This place has a lot more character than the VCP. It may not be as new as some other places but it feels quiet and the staff were absolutely brilliant.
The food was good, including breakfasts and I'm looking forward to going back soon.
The only negative was the hot water in the shower, mentioned in a previous review. I did have to turn the shower on and then go back later when the water had warmed up, but in fairness I was warned about it when I checked in.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Calabar, Nigeria
Reviewed June 27, 2008

Stayed at this hotel overnight as we were going partying on the "island". Great location and very safe and secure. Check-in was a nightmare as the card machines were not working, so had to go back to the highway to get cash. First room was dirty and smelt of stale cigars, but the staff happily changed the room
The theme is obviously Colonial Lagos - Why??? and what ridiculous outfits the staff had to wear. Felt so unfair, a modern twist on the colonial outfit would have been far kinder. Amazing photos of old Lagos adorn the walls but shock as you enter the rooms - not a single hint of colonialism. lol
Really comfortable bed and nice large room. Shower took forever to get hot, but otherwise really nice. Very quite and private location too. The best part was breakfast, really yummy but do not add the milk to your coffee cos it ruins it. Had to pay as the complimentary breakfast is for one person only even though there were two of us in the room.
Oh and arrange your own transport to get out of there cos the car hire at the hotel charge twice the going rate.
Room for the night: N37,000 inclusive of all taxes - remember to take cash (N60,000 deposit required)

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Check-in and Silly Outfits
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank Julia O
England
Reviewed January 7, 2007

Lagos is never going to be a favourite destination but if you have business on Victoria Island you could do worse than this small place (20 rooms), described in their literature as a superior boutique hotel. I hadn’t stayed in any of the Lagos hotels before (only a company guesthouse) but found myself here for 4 nights. I thought the “standard” rooms rather small and dark but a “superior” one was a better proposition when I found I’d be there over a weekend. The amenities in the room were better than I expected and having an iron and board in the wardrobe was very handy. The food wasn’t bad (with greater choice than I anticipated) and could be served in the restaurant or in the small bar by reception (or in the rooms). There is a relatively small swimming pool and gym (though I didn’t see anyone using them). The beds were the most comfortable I’ve had in Nigeria (where they usually seem to be like rocks). I didn’t try out the free internet access from the room but there was a working desk with adjacent power and computer points. There was an empty fridge in the room and tea/coffee and water were supplied. The staff were friendly and helpful and remembered my name. It felt secure and the road to the entrance is gated, before you reach the main gate into the hotel, both manned 24 hours a day. On the down side there were frequent short power interruptions, the water wasn’t always on in the middle of the night and it took a long time to get hot water to the shower in one of the rooms I used but maybe that’s just normal in Lagos. It was also relatively expensive.

[The hotel website is at [--]]

19 Thank KK06