“What a find!!”

Ranked #33 of 416 Lagos B&B and Inns
Johannesburg
“What a find!!”
Reviewed August 21, 2009

Whenever I’m in Lagos I normally used to stay at another boutique hotel not far from the Savoy Suites. For some reason during my last 2 trips, the cheaper rooms were always taken and I stayed in rooms/suites whose price is almost twice that of the cheapest rooms. I then started trawling the internet for alternative accommodation and what a find!! The Savoy Suites is everything that the other reviewers have said and I thoroughly enjoyed my 2 day stay in their clean, well-maintained rooms. From now onwards it is going to be my preferred place in Lagos without a doubt. Because of my busy schedule I was not able to make use or even see the pool and the gym.

The only negative thing I could mention (which is really nitpicking on my part) is that they didn’t have electrical adaptors for Euro plugs and I ended up buying one in order to charge my phone and for my laptop. However, this last point should not take away the fact that this is a fantastic place!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank dumezweni

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
uk
Reviewed June 24, 2007

My family and I stayed here for 2 nights whilst in transit . We chose the cheapest room around 23,000 ng . The Room was very large , well equipped with a mini fridge, tea /coffee making facilities and even a hairdryer in the bathroom. Lovely laminate flooring and decorated to a very high standard. The price was per room and included a free breakfast which was simple but of a good standard. There was an option to purchase a more substantial breakfast both Nigerian and Continental style.

The swimming pool was extremely clean . The staff were more than helpful for our needs and I will definately lodge here over and above the more familiar hotels in Lagos such as Sheraton.

Another feature of this hotel for the weary traveller is the proximity to the international airport the trip took only around 10-15 minutes, the location for the hotel is great as there is a lovely chinese restaurant a small walk away as well as other eateries and a popular night club nearby as well. The security was excellent and we were completely safe for the duration of our stay.

• Liked — excellent service and value for money
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank UkLinda
Southeastern US
Reviewed March 26, 2007

My family stayed at Savoy Suites for a full week. What a wonderful oasis in the craziness of Lagos. Every inch of the place was spotless. The staff was terrific and there wasn't a question or issue they couldn't help us with. Food at restaurant was good, business center so we could check our email, and clean outdoor pool for our kids. A little pricey, but worth it to have the safety and cleanliness.

• Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank beke
London
Reviewed March 14, 2007

This is one of the best boutique hotels in Ikeja, Lagos.
It is well thought out and the hotel is decorated to the highest standards.
The staff and very helpful and friendly and must I say, very professional.
It has a gym, a pool and a very stylish/bar restaurant.
Stayed in the hotel for a week and loved every minute of it.

• Liked — The Decor
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 10, 2006

I really enjoyed my stay at Savoy. Beat Quality hotel in Lagos. A must stay.
Excellent hotel to stay at.

Stayed June 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
california
Reviewed July 9, 2006

We just returned from a trip to Lagos, Nigeria. I have not been back there in so long - 8 yrs to be exact. Upon my arrival there I really did not know what to expect but once inside this Place, i felt safe, they have a round the clock security, the pool was clean and my kids loved it. The room are truly something to see. It was like been at a 5 start hotel back in America. The restuarant/bar was tastefully done. I was proud to be home. The staff was ever so polite and very ready to assist you with your needs.

I must say this hotel is AWESOME.. clean and very nice, it's also not so far from other activites and places to go. if you enjoy going out but been in the Savoy bar u will not know when nite falls because it's just so nice. All in one.. WHAT A BLAST.

Kudos to the owners.

Tk.

5 Thank 2much4u
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lagos
Sheraton Lagos Hotel
Radisson Blu Anchorage Hotel, Lagos
The Wheatbaker
The Wheatbaker
#1 of 130 in Lagos

Been to Savoy Suites? Share your experiences!