“Tech update 5”

Bottles
Ranked #27 of 272 Restaurants in Lagos
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Founded in the early 90’s, BOTTLES Bar and Grill has long established itself as a proudly Lagosian social hotspot. The first and original Tex-Mex culinary experience in Lagos, Bottles serves a mouth-watering range of sumptuous dishes and signature cocktails such as its famous margaritas. With its causal, friendly and warm ambience it’s no wonder Bottles has maintained its legacy over the years.
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We went on a Thursday night and it was very empty, I am told this is normal. Very expensive drinks. Food good and tasty.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

All the reports will tell you that Wednesday night is the night to be here, and they're not wrong. Up a scruffy dead end street on VI, and most un-prepossessing from the outside, but an oasis inside. The food's nothing to get excited about, the service is haphazard (best to order 2 drinks each at a time when it's really busy) but it's got a great vibe and the live band get everyone going. Mixture of local Lagos crowd, ex pats and visitors like me...it was my third time there and I have block-booked every Wednesday night that I will be in Lagos. The only downside is the one Gents loo, hopeless after several pints with a queue...when a man's gotta go, a man's gotta go...

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We went for dinner to bottles last nite as a work night out.first of all they told us that they had no reservation that we cancelled it.when that was sorted out they gave us a table later to have us move as they said that table was reserved.all I can say we were disappointed with bottles having been there a couple of times in the past we won't be goin back as I found the manager to be an idiot all he wanted was to please his Lebanese countrymen .as is the case in a lot of Lagos bars and restaurants

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Haven't been to a mexican restaurant other than Bottles.....and I don't think I want to visit another. Its got awesome frozen margaritas, best of the lively crowd, the live band keeps the crowd swinging and dancing.......this is also a restaurant that has kept its reputation high for last 15+ years with excellent consistency.

A must visit for all mexican food and frozen margarita lovers

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I like Bottles.

The food and drinks are affordable and the vibe is always buzzy.

Like the other reviews say, it gets busy on Wednesdays and Saturdays but if that is your speed then it shouldn't be a problem. On the busy nights mentioned, if you want a quieter evening simply ask for seating outside.

Their magheritas are affordable at just N1200 a glass and meals such a quesidillas start from N2000. It can be quite a fun and affordable evening with friends if you get pitchers and platters.

I'd recommend this place.

1  Thank Reniestar