“Work dinner”

Bottles
Ranked #27 of 273 Restaurants in Lagos
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Founded in the early 90’s, BOTTLES Bar and Grill has long established itself as a proudly Lagosian social hotspot. The first and original Tex-Mex culinary experience in Lagos, Bottles serves a mouth-watering range of sumptuous dishes and signature cocktails such as its famous margaritas. With its causal, friendly and warm ambience it’s no wonder Bottles has maintained its legacy over the years.
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We went for dinner to bottles last nite as a work night out.first of all they told us that they had no reservation that we cancelled it.when that was sorted out they gave us a table later to have us move as they said that table was reserved.all I can say we were disappointed with bottles having been there a couple of times in the past we won't be goin back as I found the manager to be an idiot all he wanted was to please his Lebanese countrymen .as is the case in a lot of Lagos bars and restaurants

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Haven't been to a mexican restaurant other than Bottles.....and I don't think I want to visit another. Its got awesome frozen margaritas, best of the lively crowd, the live band keeps the crowd swinging and dancing.......this is also a restaurant that has kept its reputation high for last 15+ years with excellent consistency.

A must visit for all mexican food and frozen margarita lovers

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I like Bottles.

The food and drinks are affordable and the vibe is always buzzy.

Like the other reviews say, it gets busy on Wednesdays and Saturdays but if that is your speed then it shouldn't be a problem. On the busy nights mentioned, if you want a quieter evening simply ask for seating outside.

Their magheritas are affordable at just N1200 a glass and meals such a quesidillas start from N2000. It can be quite a fun and affordable evening with friends if you get pitchers and platters.

I'd recommend this place.

1  Thank Reniestar
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I just had some nachos (better quality than in most places outside from Mexico), but after a couple of rounds of beers and a poor quality tequila the place was packed with Nigerians and Ex-Pats. Safe environment in Victoria Island.

1  Thank Esteban_Sadurni
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The management has recently changed and it shows. The food quality is variable and not as good as Mexican restaurants in the US and UK. The food is over priced. The atmosphere is good on Wednesdays and Saturdays. The band are great. The service as always depends on the waiter or waitress - sometimes excellent, sometimes terrible. It gets packed out which adds both to the atmosphere and claustrophobia! A good place to watch the band with a drink but I eat there less frequently than I once did as there's better value and better quality elsewhere. But if you like Mexican there's not many alternatives. Some good points, some bad points and a lack of consistency in food and service quality so overall just average!

2  Thank Andy C