“Frozen Margaritas”

Bottles
Ranked #27 of 273 Restaurants in Lagos
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Founded in the early 90’s, BOTTLES Bar and Grill has long established itself as a proudly Lagosian social hotspot. The first and original Tex-Mex culinary experience in Lagos, Bottles serves a mouth-watering range of sumptuous dishes and signature cocktails such as its famous margaritas. With its causal, friendly and warm ambience it’s no wonder Bottles has maintained its legacy over the years.
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Haven't been to a mexican restaurant other than Bottles.....and I don't think I want to visit another. Its got awesome frozen margaritas, best of the lively crowd, the live band keeps the crowd swinging and dancing.......this is also a restaurant that has kept its reputation high for last 15+ years with excellent consistency.

A must visit for all mexican food and frozen margarita lovers

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I like Bottles.

The food and drinks are affordable and the vibe is always buzzy.

Like the other reviews say, it gets busy on Wednesdays and Saturdays but if that is your speed then it shouldn't be a problem. On the busy nights mentioned, if you want a quieter evening simply ask for seating outside.

Their magheritas are affordable at just N1200 a glass and meals such a quesidillas start from N2000. It can be quite a fun and affordable evening with friends if you get pitchers and platters.

I'd recommend this place.

1  Thank Reniestar
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I just had some nachos (better quality than in most places outside from Mexico), but after a couple of rounds of beers and a poor quality tequila the place was packed with Nigerians and Ex-Pats. Safe environment in Victoria Island.

1  Thank Esteban_Sadurni
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The management has recently changed and it shows. The food quality is variable and not as good as Mexican restaurants in the US and UK. The food is over priced. The atmosphere is good on Wednesdays and Saturdays. The band are great. The service as always depends on the waiter or waitress - sometimes excellent, sometimes terrible. It gets packed out which adds both to the atmosphere and claustrophobia! A good place to watch the band with a drink but I eat there less frequently than I once did as there's better value and better quality elsewhere. But if you like Mexican there's not many alternatives. Some good points, some bad points and a lack of consistency in food and service quality so overall just average!

2  Thank Andy C
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I went here off the cuff for a few drinks with friends. I am ashamed to admit it that I have been in Lagos for over 4 years and I have never been here before. When we arrived we sat outside which wasn't too crowded for a Friday night, the waitresses and waiters were great, so friendly, attentive and super efficient.

I like the fact that they had a bar outside so people won't be missed when serving and it will also make service a lot faster.

We were only there for drinks and had the strawberry margarita, I am generally not a fan of margarita's but these were amazing. We ordered a jug of it and did finish it all between the two of us. They served us home made tortilla chips and salsa which was to die for, I have never tasted anything like it in my life. It really did compliment the margarita's as well.

There was karaoke on that evening and we had such a good night. I will most certainly be back for a meal and hopefully another night out. I am looking forward to that time.

Well done Bottles.