“Thank you Izanagi, Bernard and Staff”
Review of Izanagi

Izanagi
Ranked #8 of 234 Restaurants in Lagos
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: ith a mind-blowing, sophisticated and simply the best Japanese cuisine in Lagos, Izanagi is the ideal location for Asian food lovers. Whether you’re planning a business meeting, a romantic rendezvous or a gathering with your friends, Izanagi is simply the best place to savour Japanese cuisine in a zen environment. Our menu is uniquely creative and extensive. With a large variety of meals ranging from noodle dishes, shrimp dumplings, several types of salad to marinated steak dishes, teppanyaki and of course sushi, the very best Japanese flavors are made at Izanagi. You will certainly be spoiled for choice. Whenever you crave Japanese food in Lagos, Izanagi is there for you to capture the real essence of the Japanese culture. Eat-in and take-out are both available options to satisfy your requirements.
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I arranged a luncheon for a few women's groups here in Victoria Island. Bernard was so accommodating even though I changed the number of attendees at least 3 times and the menu probably 5 times. Everyone was so thrilled with the food, the service, LOVED THE ACT 1 cocktails. The entire experience is just fantastic. I know I have posted reviews here several times but if I wasn't so happy with the restaurant I would not be posting reviews!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

best decor, best environment, best sushi rolls, even in California you won't get sushi as good as Izanagi, the management is on top of their game at all moments. The menu is unique and super creative, if you haven't been there already, trust you should go there as soon as possible, the Pako Salmon salad is one of my favorites!!!!!!! No other place can beat Izanagi because they raised the bar high and it is undeniable that their food is succulent and adored by many, i am a true fan! Thank you for being great guys, Lagos needed a place like you!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Izanagi celebrated last week their 1st year Anniversary! My friend Allyson and I went for lunch today (I go at LEAST ONCE A WEEK for lunch) and again it is still THE BEST restaurant for service, quality of food and ambiance. I finally tried one of their signature drinks "Act 1"...last week and had to order it again for Allyson and myself. The cocktail is amazing! YES it takes the bartender time to make it, but its worth the wait. Mango, chili, Grey Goose Orange Vodka is one of the best cocktails I have had here in VI.

Bernard and Lawrence was there to greet us as usual, always cheerful and professional. I can't say enough about the sushi chefs, they are amazing.

A month ago, Bernard opened up the restaurant an hour early so I could get their Izanagi Dragon roll for take out for a lunch I was hosting at my flat. How great is that! You can't go wrong with anything here at this restaurant.

TRY THE "ACT 1" MARTINI...

2  Thank asianink
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We've eaten at Izanagi a number of times, taken many visitors there, and the food has always been great.

Great contemporary menu, fresh sushi, tasty noodle dishes, and the Australian Black Angus beef is melt in your mouth (for those that like marinated steak). All beautifully capped-off with an exciting choice of cocktails - again, consistently well made, which is rare for these parts.

It's a bit expensive, but this is Lagos(!). And still better value overall than a lot of places.

I'd definitely recommend. Enjoy!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

What an oasis of good overall dining experience in Lagos. The service was excellent and warm. The manager greeted us on arrival too. The seats were comfortable but maybe the benches are a bit too low for the table. However they offered us cushions for comfort. We had several starters and a thirty three piece sushi dish. It was all fresh and they made the most of the ingredients available to them. If I wanted to challenge them further they should maybe strive towards authentic Japanese flavours and not always aim at pleasing local tastes with a high amount of mayonnaise in their sushi. Having said that I understand the challenges of sourcing Japanese ingredients in Lagos. The best place for sushi in Lagos right now. Maybe next time I visit I will be able to say the best ramen noodle soup in Lagos. Highly recommend to visit.

4  Thank a m