“Nice food good atmosphere”
Review of Pearl Garden

Pearl Garden
Ranked #66 of 226 Restaurants in Lagos
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Lagos, Nigeria
“Nice food good atmosphere”
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Good Chinese food in a good atmosphere.
The service isn't exceptional but the food is as good as any Chinese food in Lagos.
Not too excited about the sweet and sour pork though, had a funny taste to it.
But all in all, a nice place for a family or business meal.

• Visited May 2014

Seattle
“Racist manager, ok food.”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I recently visited Nigeria with my siblings and children for the first time in 18 years two weeks ago. I am a second generation Nigerian Canadian. This place was recommened to us by one of our cousins.
We ordered take out since my children were with us and it was getting rather late. We were asked to sit by the bar area while we waited for the food. We asked the waiter if we could order spring rolls since my 3 1/2 and 15 month old were starving. We were charged a service fee because my children ate spring rolls in the bar area. My sister asked the bar manager why we were being charged a service fee since we didn't sit down to eat our meal.

When the black waiter tried to tell the same Chinese manager that we should not be charged, he (the manager) proceeded to tell him that he was useless, worthless and that he was not going to amount to anything. He also insulted his family.

The manager was very rude to my sister and I. My overall impression from the two Chinese mangers is that Nigerians are useless and good for nothing but it's okay to take their money. It was very apparent that the black staff at this establishment are not well taken care of and areverbally abused on a regular basis. Several of the wait staff applauded my sister when she told one of the managers that they had no right to speak so poorly to the waiter who attended to us.

The food was ok. If you support racism and exploitation of others, then please enjoy your meal at this establishment. For other Nigerians, if you value and respect yourself, stay away from this establishement.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Ibby O
London
“Variable quality dishes”
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Pearl Garden is housed in a modern, yet grand, building featuring chandeliers and Chinese artwork. However, the quality of the dishes were variable, ranging from fantastic prawns and chicken to so-so spring onion rings.

Port of Spain, Trinidad
“LOVED THIS RESTAURANT”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I have been to Pearl Gardens on a number of occasions. Quite popular with the expats in Lagos. The service quality cannot be faulted. The food is excellent and served in good time. More than anything else, the general ambiance is great with spacious and clean facilities. Highly recommended to try is one is in Lagos.

Visited September 2013
Lagos, Nigeria
“Nice restaurant in bad ambience”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I have been to this restaurant once. Food was good but I did not like it's location and ambience. If one can digest it then it is definitely worth trying.

• Visited September 2013