“Excellent hotel & service”

Morning Side Suites
Ranked #17 of 134 Hotels in Lagos
Reviewed November 15, 2013

It was my first time in Lagos and I have to say that this small hotel has all you need for a business trip.
Great WIFI connection, big, clean and comfortable rooms, excellent guest attention, good dinner menu, sport channel, gym and pool...
Totally worthy compared with other hotels such as Eko. Definitively, I'll stay again next time

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Morning Side Suites

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I have stayed here several times for 1-2 week periods between October 2012 and today (July 2013). I was pointed here by colleagues in my search for a reasonably priced hotel that is better than the many B&Bs that are hidden behind gates around VI, and cheaper than the large hotels. The hotel opened only recently (I believe October 2012) hence interior still in relatively good condition. Recently, new manager started who appears to be more on top of things than the previous one. Staff is also more attentive/friendly now. Rooms are bit small but have all necessary equipment and beds are good. There is a pool and gym, but both are small. Key disadvantages for me: no decent coffee (only Nescafe); Internet a bit shaky occasionally (though it seems to be improving); and I find food (including breakfast) a bit expensive for what is offered. The chef does know his job but it is just rather boring menu. But there are many good restaurants within 3 minutes ride from the hotel and another restaurant a few plots down the small road. I rate MorningSide as 'average' because of these disadvantages BUT I will certainly come back on my next visit to Lagos because of the price-value in Lagos. I do recommend MorningSide to friends and business contact.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 21, 2013

When my friend told about a small boutique hotel with 5 Star features in Victoria Island, I was amused and not a little sceptical...my scepticism ended when I walked in through the front glass doors, held open by a smiling doorman and into a rather bespoke lobby that acted as an unassuming divide between the indoor bar and the restaurant.

I explored the hotel further and was delightfully pleased to discover a second bar, this time by the pool!
PERFECT location for my favorite cocktails!
The food in Morning Side Suites is simply addictive, I kept looking for the Chef but I guess he was rather busy churning out more of those irresistable dishes - delicious!
Staying a night here was not a mistake, immensely affordable for such a splendid boutique hotel, the rooms (believe me, I took a tour) are unique and feels more aesthetic than most bigger brand hotels I've stayed in.
I could simply walk to the cinema, oh yes! It was right across the street - and in time too for my favorite movies!
Morning Side Suites...I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nicole O
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Morning Side Suites was referred to me by a friend. I reluctantly tried it out. But, wow! I was amazed by the quality of their finishing. I saw myself gazing endlessly at the lighting in the swimming pool. I needed a quiet place where I could stay and do my technical report writing. I got loads of that privacy and more.
The food was sumptuous! The chef made me African platter. It had giant sized prawns, and other delicacies like snails, peppered chicken and uniquely fried plantain. I saw my self licking my fingers endlessly. I can barely wait to visit this delicately conceived boutique hotel.
The staff were warm, supportive and very professional. From the moment you walk through the door with the porter smiling naturally; you could see the enviable way they wear their uniforms, with clearly displayed name tags.
I recommend Morning Side Suites without any hint of reservation.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have been travelling to Lagos for 6 months and trying to stay at descent hotels (Radisson Blue, Four Points, Oriental and Federal Palace). But unfortunately I can't keep up with the high cost of staying at a secure place with high standards, so I did some research and a friend recommended me to Morning Side Suites Hotel in Victoria Island, Lagos. I have stayed a couple of times and it the best value option that I have found. Their rate is half of what I was paying and their service and standards are comparable to international hotel brands. I could say that their food is even better than some of the big hotels in Lagos, Their location is opposite to Silver Bird Galleria Shopping Mall, so it is prime location for me since my office and most of my clients are very close, although the traffic is madness sometimes but that is how it is everywhere in Lagos and the price for been centrally located.

Room Tip: By only adding 5,000 Naira to the Sandard room rate, you can get a Superior type and have more space...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Xavi E
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Hi, I recently spent a couple of nights at Morningside Suites and it was quite delightful to know that there is such an oasis in what can be the ever so hectic Victoria Island.

The Hotel has a great bar and a lovely restaurant where the food is AMAZING! the chef does a great job here let me tell you... There is also a POOL :) didnt get to make use of it as the purpose of the visit was business and did not pack a swimsuit, next time (and believe me I will be staying here again!) I will make sure to pack one as the weather is always war, even at night.

I would definitely recommend this hotel in Victoria Island, Lagos. Good food, good, attentive service and overall a clean spot on Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business