“Excellent experience ”
Review of Ocean Basket

Ocean Basket
Ranked #5 of 344 Restaurants in Lagos
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: At Ocean Basket Victoria Island you'll find friendly people, a home-from-home feeling and great value for your hard-earned bucks.
Reviewed May 3, 2016 via mobile

And so my family and I went on an unplanned May Day outing, landed here and we were 'taken'. Good sea food blended with sides, courteous staff and cosy environment. Excellent experience! We'll definitely be back.

Date of visit: May 2016
Write a reviewReviews (323)

Reviewed May 2, 2016 via mobile

So I was bored at home in Lagos, Nigeria on this hot Sunday evening and decided to pop out for a bit of something different, something that's not home made food or playing FIFA 16 all day.

Ocean Basket came to mind because I craved for sea food. Well, found myself here and ordered for a glass of wine with ice rocks while I waited for my guest.

Cut to the food part. I scanned through their menu and found joy afterwards.
12 pieces of Shrimps, Lemon and Veggies plus they got me to eat from the pan as seen in the menu while my guest got 12 pieces of Shrimps, lemon and fried rice. I did a Pina-Colada while she got a strawberry blast, the waiter insisted she took that because he thinks she looks like strawberry. Well, it tasted good, I had a great evening, enjoyed myself without a doubt, the environment was so conducive and clean. The waiters were friendly with smiles and on their 100 at all times. The meeting went well as planned.

Ocean Basket is a good and classy restaurant I will definitely visit again.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed April 14, 2016

My family and I stumbled on Ocean Basket accidentally at the Ikeja City Mall after church on Sunday and decided to give it a try. The welcome and ambience was remarkably impressive. I was impressed to see other families having meals there. Oluwaseun the Waiter recommended a deck platter meal which we all enjoyed, and he was such a pleasant and well attentive fellow. Being a cocktail lover, I had my eyes glued on the bartender from where I sat. He served such a tastefully prepared Pinya Colada and an Ocean Special for my wife. The 'bartender' fellow later introduced himself to us as Paul, and happened to be the Manager (we had such a laugh). He treated us and the tables around us so courteously. Overall, the experience for us all especially the kids was awesome. I seems like the right place to spend our anniversary later this year. Looking forward to it!!!

Date of visit: April 2016
2  Thank Vitoro L
Reviewed March 16, 2016

Where to go in Lagos for a business dinner? Ocean Basket! Caters for all occasions whilst we were having dinner the next table were celebrating a birthday - ALL the staff came out with a cake and sang Happy Birthday, nice! So the menu is vast from "Feesh & Chips" to wonderful fresh salads.
I choose to sit out on the terrace overlooking the Lagoon - Beautiful evening with a breeze to keep me cool, extra large fans are also available making dining in 30C comfortable. Start with a cold beer bread and home-made sauce "garlic" is fab :-) Then Feta cheese salad to start - it was huge and tasty. Followed by grilled salmon with spicy veg - OMG fantastic! I also had a portion of fries as my colleague had some fries on his Platter for 1 (also fab.) so I got some too. All washed down with a bottle of white. Ambience is great no rush sit talking and enjoying. Highly recommend worth a try if you are in Lagos - Hard to find so take a cab from your hotel... For location is about 5 minutes drive from Intercontinental Hotel Lagos towards the beach!

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed March 15, 2016

We went for a family time out with the kids. We took a wonderful seafood collection and calamari. Lovely food, great ambiance and wonderful staff.
Will definitely come again!

Date of visit: March 2016