“Nothing impressive”

Ocean Basket, Victoria Island
Ranked #14 of 226 Restaurants in Lagos
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: A contemporary family oriented casual dining restaurant located in the heart of the social hub of Victoria Island. Undoubtedly the best seafood South of the Sahara! Served in a relaxed atmosphere with service uncommon in these parts.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Nothing impressive”
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

I spent almost 200 USD on ameal that left a lot to be desired.sushi,prawns,calamari,rice. The rice was the worst I've ever eaten one bite was enough to repel me.salty calamari soaked in oil.the prawns be warned they are quite small. Sushi was just not so great. Maybe am finicky but I wouldn't go back.

• Visited March 2013
LagosOB, General Manager at Ocean Basket, Victoria Island, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Dear babyrock246,

Thanks for taking out time to review our restaurant.

As a casual family dining establishment that prides itself on affordability, one person cannot possibly spend $200 for "a" meal as you stated in your post. Our online menu at www.oceanbasket.com/menu/nigeria/# will attest to this.

The average price of a meal at Ocean Basket in Lagos, Nigeria, even with wine and Sushi is less than the local currency equivalent of $50

We strive to provide a pleasant dining experience and would appreciate a repeat visit from you on the house to enable us address you observations.

Thanks

• Polish first
“Just Ok”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

It is a nice place to have a nice timeout.
Food is just Ok, I think they serve croaker fish if i can recall which is not my favourite.. going for shrimps is not a good idea, go for prawns without thinking..
I liked the Garlic & Cheese Prawns it was very delicious.. and that's it...

Have a great time :)..

Visited November 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Pricey but good”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I ate here during a recent trip to Lagos in May 2013. The atmosphere was pleasant and the food was good.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank EOP007
Truro, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely ambience, shame about the food”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were offered a basket of fresh bread with dips, I loved that. For my main, I ordered the calamari, Dover sole and chips combo. The meal was bland and the Dover sole tasted less than fresh. The waiter was superbly attentive without being bothersome. I had the uniquely Nigerian cocktail Chapman , it was a perfectly refreshing drink. For dessert, I wanted the cheesecake but they had run out. We were given some sweets to finish off which tasted like Refreshers of old.
I was a nice evening out with a good friend in a nice setting, but my main left a lot to be desired. I won't be back in a hurry.

• Visited April 2013
Nairobi, Kenya
“Superb food Great Price”
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Started off with 12piecer Queen Prawns with stir fried vegetables. Couldn't resist the delicacy so topped it up with Fish and chips. Superb ambience great food great price great staff

Visited April 2013