“Nice quiet coffee place to kick back.... in Lagos!”
Review of Bistro 7

Bistro 7
Ranked #33 of 257 Restaurants in Lagos
Cuisines: Contemporary, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Bistro 7 - 273B Kofo Abayomi Victoria Island!Amazing Breakfast and Brunch, Lunch and Dinner! Live Band every Friday Night! The best Coffee in Town! Conference Room Facilities available!
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Hard to find but once you do its an oasis of quiet, the eye of the storm in our bustling Lagos.

Good coffee, nice breakfast rolls and pastries. Just come in, grab your Punch or Vanguard or your iPad and kick back and enjoy.

Looking forward to going back soon.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

A friend recommended I try here and sorry to say I won't be going beck ever..... We were given a wine list with a wide selection of wines on there, after being told that our first choice wasn't available we choses a second..... and a third..... Finally we were told they only had ONE wine listed.... I spoke to the manager and asked him 'If the wine is not available then why don't you cross it off the menu?' He told me "The wine list is a work in progress".... When I returned to the table the waiter told us that our food "will take sometime as the kitchen is busy" We had already been there 30 minutes!! I looked around and saw 11 people in the place, 9 of them were already eating!!! At this point we cancelled our order and left.......

Seems to me the whole place is 'a work in progress!!'

HamishaDaryani-Ahuja, Owner at Bistro 7, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Dear Maam,

We deeply regret we have fallen short of your expectations.

The matters you have raised were brought to our notice by our team before hand.

We are a company wholeheartedly dedicated to our guests. We appreciate that dining out is an experience and we always endeavor to make it a positive one. Our customers’ positive word of mouth is what has helped Bistro 7 win the award of “Best new restaurant in Lagos.” We are grateful to your friend for recommending Bistro 7 to you.

Our manager was approached by a waiter who was handling your table and then by a gentleman who was with you with regards to our “wine by the glass.” Unfortunately he wanted a wine that isn't offered by the glass our House White wine is Torres San Valentine which is very popular, this is the wine we offer by the glass. Our manager explained the grape variety and the taste characteristics of the wine and presented a taster which was then approved.

The wine was later rejected. At this point we provided our wine list and a wine was selected which was not offered by the glass. Due to your displeasure with this, our manager offered to discount the billing in some way to make sure you have pleasant experience.

We were surprised to see you leave prior to your food order coming out.

Regardless, we humbly and sincerely apologize for the occurrence and I can assure you that we shall make Bistro 7 one of your dining destinations of choice if you will give us the chance.

Please do contact us on 08144509088 to see how we can make this possible.

Kind Regards,
Amit Deshpande
Restaurant Manager

Reviewed July 10, 2014

I loved their above average service and the only place I found that made good oatmeal and fruit breakfast. Good coffee. They sit behind barbed wire, high fences, and guards, as is normal in Lagos. East Indian ownership.

1  Thank Smartlight9
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

The food was good apart from the ice cappuccino that didn't make sense. Also, the service was slow. Went there with colleagues for a meeting over breakfast. During the course of the meeting we had to make use of chargers and so on for our phones and laptops. I forgot mine and went back there the next day to request for it. Not only did they say they couldn't find it, they suggested that I was lying and never left a charger. Horrible staff and management, never going back there.

HamishaDaryani-Ahuja, Owner at Bistro 7, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear Ms. Bolaji,

We deeply regret that, in your experience, we have ad fallen short of your
expectations. The matters you have raised were thoroughly investigated
within our Department

We thank you for making us aware of your experiences. Whereas the matters
you raised are not common in our property, we take this very seriously and endeavor to always
improve our services.

Please contact me on +2348144509088 as we would like to change your opinion and provide you with superior service which is always our top priority on your next visit.

Amit Deshpande
Bistro 7

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Great location for having a catch-up or meeting, nice atmosphere and wifi available. Coffee is alright, also had a very nice chicken salad. There was a power cut and it took over half an hour to get the generator working, but I'm presuming that's not the norm.