“Don't let the name put you off!”
Review of Bar Campione

Ranked #157 of 230 Restaurants in Lagos
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Lagos, Nigeria
“Don't let the name put you off!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This place is soooooo much more than a bar!
I visited Bar Campione for the first time last night after having heard some small whispers around Lagos that it was good. Having been here for four years I am used to hearing places are good but often end up with the same - average food, over priced!
But not at Bar Campione, finally a place that serves high quality food (and drink) at reasonable prices. We started with cocktails at the bar which were good and less that 1500n which is rare. At the table we enjoyed the prawn and calamari starters, both were very tasty and beautifully presented.
For main course, one of us nervously ordered steak but were told it was South African steak and we were not disappointed. Perfectly cooked and very tender with a lovely peppercorn sauce and fries with truffle oil were to die for. Another dish was gnocchi, very rich but every mouthful was a taste explosion. One of my friends ate aubergine (yawn) but no, it was an exciting and delicious dish. Finally, I took the pizza which had a yummy thin base and plenty of topping. A good size, couldn't finish it mainly because I was so busy trying everyone else's food too.
We washed it all down with a bottle of white wine (bottles start from 2500n upto 7000n) which was served properly chilled.
The service throughout the night was attentive and slick, the staff know their stuff and are professional. I personally can't wait to go back and am plotting my next visit.
What I am most happy about it that I actually went to this place - it is often referred to as a sports bar and that just does not do it justice. The down stairs serves as a full on restaurant/cocktail bar - you could be in any city in the world, it's sophisticated and modern. Upstairs is where they specialize in sports.
Standards are too good for this just to be pre match scoff place, it's perfect for a date, dinner with the girls, family dinners and of course catching a game. Well done to the owners!

• Visited November 2012
4 Thank Natalie L

Lagos, Nigeria
“Impressive Concept!”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I was at the Bar Campione last night (13 October, I must confess it was out of curiousity from the reviews on TripAdvisor). It was well worth the trip - the atmosphere was instanteneously relaxing for a sports bar. I also found the lighting perfect for the mood. The food was good - I had Fruiti di Mare and a campione salad. It was not a bad experience. One downside though - the steward that brought my order did not know who's order it was, meaning he had the food (which was uncovered, btw) while asking from person to person among his colleagues. Not a good sign at all. I corrected that on the spot, though. In all, I'd recommend it.

1 Thank GodsonUgo
india
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“For Lagos....nice place,good food...”
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Considering the limited choice in Lagos....this is a nice place , good cocktails and with decent food...

1 Thank nitinsali
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Some of the best food and service in Lagos”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I have been to Bar Campione about 10 times since it opened and I must say it is probably one of the top 5 restaurants in Lagos.
Service: very fast, attentive
Food: excellent Pasta & Pizza. I had at least half the menu and all dishes were outstanding for Lagos!

I hope the management will be able to keep up this level of service and value! (though experience proves it's impossible in Lagos!)
My advice: Go there as often as possible, while it's still new

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank MUCTraveller
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
“Good food, excellent martini's!”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

It's a spports bar with an Italian menu. The food is good, and the barman makes a mean martini. They also deliver

Visited June 2012