Sheraton Lagos Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Elomaz(Lagos State)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsclub floorsecurity guardan upgradefelt safeshort staynice poolinternational airportbusiness trippool sideafricaproximitychaoscuisinemainlandenvironment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Probably the worse hotel in the Sheraton chain, I don't know why the "Sheraton" would let these people use their name. I stayed at the Lagos Sheraton some months ago. A few weeks later on my bank statement I noticed they had taken over $300 from my account. I had already paid my bill on departure. I contacted my bank & they told me somebody at the hotel had manually entered my credit card numbers into the Sheraton's debit/credit card machine. I contacted the Sheraton but all they did was send me a copy of my check out bill. Still waiting to hear back from them, meanwhile I preparing to take my own action.
Be careful when you stay here, especially with your credit card. What a horrible place.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Get J
GeneralManagerSLH, Manager at Sheraton Lagos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear Get J,

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience you felt during your stay while thanking you for writing us, we would therefore appreciate it if you send us an email regarding the period you stayed with us and your name to enable us resolve this issue. please send your email to bcguest.00445@sheraton.com.

Thanks and Best Regards.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

This hotel has been a magnet for travellers, businessmen and women and Nigerians for many years. It used to have a certain buzz about it, always busy, somewhat dated, but with little competition, it was the only place to go.
No longer. There's a brand new hotel across the road and it's stealing some of the Sheratons buzz.

Some rooms have been upgraded, laminate flooring and some newer furniture. There have been recent problems with air conditioning at the hotel. An upgrade is underway, and if my room during my last visit was anything to go by, it's rather fierce and keeps rooms uncomfortably cold even when switched off!

Staff are friendly and helpful and make up for some failings. Outside pool area is nice and large, wifi is good throughout the hotel. Disappointed that the italian restaurant was shut for two days when i was there with no explanation why.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms next to the air conditioning units outside as they can be noisy. Also rooms at the far ends of some corridors have noise from the staff elevators and service lifts.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManagerSLH, Manager at Sheraton Lagos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear RobzNomad,

Thank you for taking out time to write about your stay at our hotel. We sincerely apologise for making your stay not completely fun, we look forward to wowing you when next you visit.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel numerous times over the years and it is still used by loads of cabin, due to the closeness of the airport - 15 minutes.

The outside areas are nice with a lovely pool and decent loungers. The outside bar/restaurant is a great place to chill out, have an evening buffet and a cold star beer.

The lobby area, indoor restaurants and bars are grim, grubby, dated, seedy. It needs a massive upgrade.

Security is not great with an open entrance secured by a chain.

The standard rooms are Abysmal, with old TVs, grotty bathrooms, stained carpets and AC that is freezing and cannot be adjusted.

If you must stay here ask for one of the refurbished rooms with wooden floor or a Towers room but again nothing special.

The staff in this hotel are actually really friendly.

This is without doubt the worst Sheraton you will stay in, anywhere in the world. Lagos no longer has only two five star hotels and you don not need to stay here.

2  Thank renniealdo

Dear renniealdo,

Thank you so much for writing about our hotel, please be rest assured that your concerns will be passed on, we look forward to having you with us again soon.

Thanks and best regards.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Location, location and location... famous words in my industry but yet very applicable when it comes to avoiding the chaos and madness which is Lagos traffic! This hotel is about 10 minutes from the airport and ideally located on the main road into Lagos (should you wish to take "that" journey!).

I stayed on the top floor which was very quiet. Large bathrooms (not particularly modern) LCD TV withe usual TV fare (BBC World, CNN and a number of South African TV channels including sports). Breakfast downstairs was excellent with such a wide choice. Friendly staff. Did not try the bar (which I have promised to do next time around!).

Usual Sheraton pricing for Africa. There may be more "chique" hotels around but the location allowed me to "destress" knowing I would not have to face the wrath of Lagos downtown traffic!

Room Tip: Top floor away from the fornt is probably the way to go, although the hotel is set quite some distance from the street, front rooms should also not pose any problem...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManagerSLH, Manager at Sheraton Lagos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear TravellingTVProducer,

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Sheraton Lagos Hotel, and thank you for taking out time to write about us. we look forward to having you with us soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I visited this hotel on business and I was greeted by friendly, helpful staff who assisted with my luggage and welcomed me to the hotel by holding the door open for me. The lobby area is open plan and consists of a large seating area with a few bars located around the perimeter. The temperate inside reaches high figures and there is definitely a lack of air conditioning in the building in communal areas resulting in most places giving off a humid, sweaty, damp aroma.

My room was adequate in its loosest term. Irritating faux wooden flooring covering the entire room which meant that every footstep could be heard from the rooms either side of me by those guests wearing shoes. The bed linen was not clean, crisp and fresh smelling. Quite the opposite! The bathroom has a very powerful shower with three speed settings which was a welcome relief, and the water did not appear to be as brown and murky as it had been on previous visits to this hotel. The toilet bowl had seen better days and was covered in brown water stains which was not easy on the eye at all.

My room had a fridge which was utilised fully, and the air conditioning inside the room worked very well, keeping the room at a constant ambient temperature. Most of the electricity sockets are UK plugs which means there is no need for an adaptor for British visitors and the internet is free in room and in the lobby and is actually quite decent.

The room looked out onto the pool area which was very nice and it was full of people dining on the patio, swimming and sunbathing. They have live music on during the evening which ended at around 10pm.

One point to mention regarding the quality of amenities such as irons and kettles etc. The hairdryer is attached to the wall in the bathroom and it seemed to overheat after around twenty seconds and cut off again and again, possibly due to the power supply being a bit hit and miss? The kettle didn't seem to be too clean and the iron was on for approximately three minutes before I could smell burning plastic. Upon inspection I realised that the plug had melted onto the wall whilst still plugged in and after using a towel to remove it I decided that it was best to leave all electrical items well alone! I think the words 'old' and 'seen better days' spring to mind.

Obviously if you take this hotel for what it is then you will have a bearable stay, but there are still many things that could be done to renovate and improve the accommodation. Air conditioning in the lobby needs to be improved and the rooms could do with a bit more attention, but the staff are on the whole very friendly and more than helpful.

2  Thank ThatMrRobinson

Dear ThatMrRobinson,

We are deeply sorry you feel this way about us, we want you to know that we look forward to having you when next you visit Nigeria so we can make it up to you, please accept our sincere apology.

with best regards,