“Recommendation”

Ranked #10 of 135 Hotels in Lagos
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I travel to many countries and Intercontinental Lagos is a hotel I would recommend if you are visiting Nigeria. It’s a new hotel, the rooms are spacious and everyone says hello to you.( The small things that makes a difference when you are far from home). Jerry and the ladies at the club lounge are amazing. They have a wide variety of food and I always look forward . They have two security guards in every level. Please expect a lot of power drops, which is common in Nigeria but Intercontinental has generators that kick in fast. Don't be alarmed when you are sleeping at night and power goes off and the emergency lights kick in at the corridor.

Room Tip: Rooms on the left side have better views
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
IntercontinentalLag, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Lagos, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear Diana M

Thank you for your taking the time to review our hotel, we welcome your feedback as it is the most efficient way for us to know we are on track.

We are absolutely delighted to read your positive feedback, about our spacious rooms, our team members in our Exclusive Club Lounge as well as our wide variety of food, we are indeed glad to see that you had a great experience during your stay. Your kind words have been shared with the entire Club Lounge team.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us, and we look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future.

Best Regards

Guest Experience Champion

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Had a great time there.
I follow them on instagram and facebook and it seemed like a fantastic hotel with thier detail and responsiveness to customers.
I loved the service,the food especially,the rates are high. And i love how I can post a picture of them online and they are quick to respond.
Cheesy I know.
Overall I loved it. Not bad at all
Like someone rightly said the structure was obviously rushed on a low budget.
You can tell.

• Stayed: February 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Lagos, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear latoya-engees,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and appreciate your kind words regarding our great service. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stayed in the hotel for a day and I must say it was very rewarding. The rooms are nothing like any of the rooms I've stayed in through out my years of traveling. The service is good. Location is a no no. If you don’t live on the island, trying to figure out where the entrance is is painful. Food was pretty good as well. Overall I would recommend it to anyone visiting Lagos.

• Stayed: December 2013
ICLagos, Manager at InterContinental Lagos, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Dear mavee

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback following your recent stay and for for your positive comments.

We are glad that you found the rooms comfortable, we are also delighted you found your stay quite rewarding. It is comments like this, that lets us know we are on the right track, and encourages us to strive harder to maintain and improve our services.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Guest Experience Champion

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The intercon tries hard to topple The Wheatbaker as the best hotel in Lagos. The service is very good. Food is OK but the restuarant still has this little "smell" to it that might be well worth getting rid off. Room service doesn't work too well - could not understand what the man was saying.
The issue they will face is sustainability of the building and service. But so far so good.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear bulgenes,

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback regarding your stay.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our facilities to your standard. I apologise that our room service felt short of your expectation and I have also shared this feedback with the relevant department. We appreciate all feedback as it give us the opportunity to improve on them.

I trust we would be welcoming you back soon I look forward to meeting with you on your return visit.

Elizabeth Olawoye,

Guest Experience Champion.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

The title says it all… the hotel has potential… the hotel appears to have been built then like many other projects stopped due to what was probably a funding issue. Then you can see the hotel was finished but with a smaller budget. The final fit/finish just does;t match the rest of the hotel. The lifts are atrocious - the theory is good - you press your floor on s keypad and the programming routes a lift that will only stop on your floor and others nearby. So in theory it should be faster. But in reality the programming gets overloaded in peak hours and especially when he hotel is full. You can wait over 10 mins for a like (and with a 22 story hotel walking is not really an option).
Some of the staff is very good… they take personal ownership of your issues and they resolve it. But others need a good kick pin the rear… no drive, seem like they are doing you a favour when you ask for something (e.g,, At breakfast when you ask for a cup of coffee).
Sleep quality is OK - on some nights. The bedding is very nice.., and you can ask for different pillows if the ones in the room do not suit you. But some of the pillows you get smell sour - like they've been in a damp room for too long. And (sorry to say)unfortunately they are sometimes delivered by a person that is in desperate need of a bath -- and that permeates the pillows that are delivered. Also, there is an annoying noise coming from the loud speakers every few hours. This happens in ALL rooms.. so there is clearly something wrong with the system.
An of course there is the power issue. Yes this is Nigeria and power drops are common -- but this hotel does not have a generator. So you may be in the gym running and the machine loses peer and you are in the dark. Or in your room and then suddenly in the dark. The lifts lose power and you are stuck - either inside or outside waiting while the system re-boots. There is even a rumor that in February a global CEO was at her company's conference at the hotel and the power dropped - and she was stuck there for 10 minutes. Sounds very possible!
In my view the hotel has a long way to go to meet Intercontinental standards - both with physical and staff issues. The expectation with the Intercontinental brand is high -- hopefully the hotel can get there. But until they do, they should NOT be charing Intercontinental prices. They are just too high for what is delivered.

Room Tip: At the end, away from the lifts. Rooms 02,04 and even 06 are near the lifts (where you will hear the...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
ICLagos, Manager at InterContinental Lagos, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear MMOost,

Thank you very much for taking time to write a comprehensive review on your stay. We appreciate your feedback as it is an opportunity to improve on our services.

Thank you for positive comments on our team members and their taking ownership,I will be sure to pass the compliment to the team. Additionally we are glad you found the beddings' in the room rather comfortable as well as your room. We however regret that your overall stay was less than perfect. I will be sharing your comments with the appropriate departments as we work on the areas flagged.

Thank you for choosing to stay us, and we hope to welcome you back when next your travel brings you to Lagos.

Guest Experience

InterContinental Lagos.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I have been travelling to Lagos fairly frequently and I have stayed in a numerous hotels. Intercontinental is definitely the best. It is a new hotel so all equipment is high technology. The rooms are spacious and I loved the window separation between the bathroom and bedroom. Nothing like watching tv while taking a bath. All of the staff is very knowledgeable so you can ask anyone anything and they can fix it for you or refer you the right person. I want to particularly mention Peter from the swimming pool bar who was very friendly and explained me how to subscribe to the rewards program, which I certainly will.
overall it is certainly worth the price.
I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank metebalam
ICLagos, Manager at InterContinental Lagos, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear Metebalam

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay at the InterContinental Lagos. I was glad to read your positive review.

I am particularly glad to read your comments regarding our room design as well as our level of service. I will certainly share your comments with the team, especially Peter who made your stay a memorable one and for enrolling you to our program.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us, and I am look forward to welcome you back soon.

Kevin Kamau

Executive Assistant Manager

Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

I was happy to revisit the hotel and confirmed that its the best base in VI .
The facilities and service are of top standard.
Special thanks for the amsizing team of the 21st floor club lounge who made my stay a real treat, who are there for any need and assistance.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Shlo73

Thank you once again for taking the time to write this great review of the InterContinental Lagos.

We are delighted to constantly be meeting your expectations and are happy that you find our facilities and services to be excellent. Thank you for your comments regarding our Club InterContinental Lounge, it is an area something our staff take pride in and i will certainly pass on your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back and thank you for being a loyal guest.

Kind Regards,