“Definitely the best in Lagos” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of InterContinental Lagos

Ranked #10 of 131 Hotels in Lagos
Quebec City, Canada
“Definitely the best in Lagos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

I have been travelling to Lagos fairly frequently and I have stayed in a numerous hotels. Intercontinental is definitely the best. It is a new hotel so all equipment is high technology. The rooms are spacious and I loved the window separation between the bathroom and bedroom. Nothing like watching tv while taking a bath. All of the staff is very knowledgeable so you can ask anyone anything and they can fix it for you or refer you the right person. I want to particularly mention Peter from the swimming pool bar who was very friendly and explained me how to subscribe to the rewards program, which I certainly will.
overall it is certainly worth the price.
I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank metebalam
ICLagos, Manager at InterContinental Lagos, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Metebalam

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay at the InterContinental Lagos. I was glad to read your positive review.

I am particularly glad to read your comments regarding our room design as well as our level of service. I will certainly share your comments with the team, especially Peter who made your stay a memorable one and for enrolling you to our program.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us, and I am look forward to welcome you back soon.

Executive Assistant Manager

InterContinental Lagos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

I was happy to revisit the hotel and confirmed that its the best base in VI .
The facilities and service are of top standard.
Special thanks for the amsizing team of the 21st floor club lounge who made my stay a real treat, who are there for any need and assistance.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Shlo73

Thank you once again for taking the time to write this great review of the InterContinental Lagos.

We are delighted to constantly be meeting your expectations and are happy that you find our facilities and services to be excellent. Thank you for your comments regarding our Club InterContinental Lounge, it is an area something our staff take pride in and i will certainly pass on your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back and thank you for being a loyal guest.

Kind Regards,

Kevin Kamau,

Executive Assistant Manager

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

Except for the lifts -- just 4 and not enough for a hotel this size. But clean, food was reasonable (club sandwich good) and safe - only Nescafe in the rooms but that's normal enough. Shower water does not smell as it does in a couple of other decent hotels. Only one morning was it so scalding that could not be used. Teething problems to be expected. Wifi worked well. Decent swimming pool with quite a good view

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ICLagos, Manager at InterContinental Lagos, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear CharlieNorthLondon

Thank you for sharing your overall review of InterContinental Lagos.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the positive comments about our hotel food and the good view from the swimming pool. I will be sure to share this with the entire team.

I am however disappointed we did not meet all of your expectations and have addressed the issue of the hot water. We are also working to improve the efficiency of the elevators and currently have technicians working on this. In addition, we will soon have the elevators on uninterrupted power supply which will reduce the delay experienced. We look forward to welcoming you back to the InterContinental Lagos. We trust it would be an exceptional stay.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write this review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the InterContinental.

Pretoria, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

This hotel is very secure and safe. The service is really good. Rooms well equipped and spacious and clean. Definitely more upmarket from most hotels in Africa. Nice restaurants in hotel with good food. Staff well trained. Also one of the more expensive stays in Africa.

Room Tip: No specific preference. All rooms seem to be well equipped and clean.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Marius L

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback on your stay at the InterContinental Lagos.

I was pleased to read your comments as we appreciate when our guests share their experience with us as it helps us to continuously improve our level of service. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you for complimenting our security, service and our rooms. We are also delighted to hear you were pleased with our staff. I will be sure to thank them all for exceeding your expectations and making for a warm experience.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and We look forward to welcoming you back to the InterContinental Lagos.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

I cannot believe this is the Real Thing.

Intercontinental Lagos lacks grace, charm and elegance.It is a massive shrine to indifference and low quality.The food is served without style or any sense of decorum and the buffet offering is ordinary at best, horrendous at worse.

This is an uber-expensive,charmless experience with appalling service and a strong sense of dodginess.Is it seriously part of the Great IC family?I have my doubts.
Simply awful.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Cambridge2711
Dear Cambridge2711

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

While I am disappointed that you had less than a perfect stay, your feedback will help us work better on the areas you mentioned. I would appreciate an opportunity to garner more feedback about your stay and have sent you a separate message on the same. .

At the InterContinental Lagos, our first priority is guest satisfaction so please know that we take your comments seriously and have shared them with our team to ensure that future guest experiences are perfect. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with the exceptional service you deserve.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience.

Director of Rooms Division.

Travelers are raving about these Lagos hotels

Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

The Intercontinental Hotel in Lagos is pretty new. The Rooms are very luxerious furnished. Since it is new everything is in working order. The hotel is pretty quiet and the staff made me feel at home.
It has got a very fast WiFi connection in every room. This is my first hotel in Lagos where the power has stayed on all the time, which makes working ob your e-mailes easy. I mised a special lounge for platinum members. The breakfast is very good but rather expensive as the rooms are. But I would stay here again if I am in Lagos.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Wesel53
ICLagos, Manager at InterContinental Lagos, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Wesel53,

Thank you very much for your loyalty and recent visit to the hotel. We appreciate the time taken to share your experience.

We are delighted to have received a great review from you and appreciate the highlights about the service from the team, ambience, breakfast and the Internet services . I will be glad to share this feedback with the entire team.

Once again, thank you for sharing the feedback with us and we look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel.

Director of Rooms Division
Staten Island, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

The good. Impressive lobby. Nice restaurant and bar. Nice gym and pool. Modern room with nice bathroom. All the people I encountered were gracious.
The bad. Multiple quick power outages. Lights go off, the emergency lights go on. After a few minutes, power is back. This was a problem at night (trying to sleep) when all of a sudden the emergency lights would illuminate in my room. Difficulty with check in/out due to computer problems.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear G5Guy,

Thank you for taking the time to review the InterContinental Lagos. We value your feedback and appreciate an opportunity to continuously improve our services.

I was pleased to read about the positive aspects of your stay with particular the facilities and the service provided by the team. I will be glad to share this feedback with the team, I have also noted your concerns about the emergency lighting and check-in issue and are glad to assure you that these processes are under review to improve your experience on your next visit.

Once again, many thanks for your recent visit and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Director of Rooms Division