“Decent Hotel, Excellent Business Lounge”

Ranked #9 of 134 Hotels in Lagos
Reviewed January 26, 2014

The hotel itself seems to have been opened before a lot of small issues were resolved... the elevators in particular desperately need improvement. However, the professionalism and service provided by the staff at the Business Lounge on the 21st Floor more than make up for the deficiencies elsewhere. The staff (especially Jerry) continually deals with any problems that arise and allows the focus to remain on work rather than the annoying distractions.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank C0nstantly_Traveling
ICLagos, Manager at InterContinental Lagos, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear C0nstantly_Traveling,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the InterContinental Lagos.

We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your experience with us - in particular with reference to the Club Lounge and Jerry. Please rest assured that I have passed on the commendation to the team and Jerry. I was sad to see that you encountered a minor issue. Kindly accept our sincere apologies for this.

Thank you once again for your valued feedback and I really look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Kevin Kamau

Director of Rooms Division

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Lagos

Reviewed January 15, 2014

The Intercontinental Hotel is a hotel with opulence and style from the lobby to the reception and the room. I stayed in one of the One of the King Superior Room. The service was excellent. I also used their car hire service. It is also quite pricey comparable to what you pay in other group hotels owned and manged by IHG abroad i.e in England and US.

The Dining was good and with array of selection of both continental and African delicacies. There are however moments of staff losing focus with regards to dining protocols and customer service. The Security System is good but a times due to flurry of events going on in the hotel it can sometimes be porous. There is a need to update the security system at the gates most especially cars be it Govt and Private not been properly vetted with metal detectors considering the threat of terrorism in the country.

The other significant drawback is the number of times fire testing and alarms goes off which can be deafening and disturbing. There need to be better way of arranging this with little discomfort to guest.

Room Tip: Higher Floors recommended.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ade A
ICLagos, Manager at InterContinental Lagos, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Ade A,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the InterContinental Lagos.

We are very happy to learn you had a great stay in our Hotel. Many thanks for your comments regarding our rooms, dining and car services. Your comments feedback is very valuable and will surely be shared with the team.I apologise with respect to the lapse in some service issues and the fire alarm. Please rest assured we are actively working on service issues and can assure you will encounter less disruption with the fire services on your next visit. .

We do look forward to the opportunity of once again welcoming you to our Hotel.

Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed 4 nights from the 30th December 2013 into the new year.

We got a club room which granted access to the club lounge and breakfast at the lounge or the ekaabo restaurant downstairs.

I must say that I was a bit worried about whether we would enjoy our stay as I read a few bad reviews but I must say it was quite relaxing.

The club room was very spacious and even though we were 5, we never felt cramped. Bathroom area was a nice see through but can be a challenge if you desire some privacy as the blinds didn't quite make it opaque.

Breakfast at the ekaabo restaurant was above average with a fair amount of options. The club lounge was also comfortable and like the club rooms was on the higher floors with a good view of the island. There was a happy hour between 5-7pm daily when alcoholic drinks were served. Snacks were fresh with a fair amount of options to make up a light meal.

The downside for the hotel though were the lifts which seemed not to be connected to a UPS and sometimes stopped abruptly if there was a power outage. This could frightening for the faint hearted.

Also the lobby area always smelt of food and I don't think this is good for a 5 star hotel. Lastly, the underground parking area looked a bit tired for a new hotel. It really does need to be tidied up.

Overall all, I must say the hotel is comfortable and we enjoyed every bit of our stay. It is more of a business hotel though as there was little to entertain kids other than the swimming pool and a bouncing castle that was available on on New Year's Day.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Dupri00

Dear Duprii00,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor following your stay with us. We are happy that you liked your Club Room, breakfast and food options. I will be glad to share these sentiments with the team.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Your feedback on the elevators is important and we are reviewing and mapping the way forward on the UPS requirements. We are also looking into reviewing the concern raised on the smell of food in the lobby.

Once again, many thanks for your feedback regarding your stay at the hotel and we are definitely looking forward to welcoming you back at the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I have just completed my first stay of 10 days at the Club level of the hotel. As an experienced world wide business traveler including different hotels in Lagos, I can clearly state that it was the best in Nigeria and one of my best experiences overall.

For the high standard of the room, the club lounge facilities and mainly the hospitality and professional club staff I have the highest compliments.
I definitely recommend the IC Lagos as the choice hotel.

Room Tip: I only tried the Club room and recommend to book them .
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Shlo73

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for finding time writing a review regarding your recent stay at the InterContinental Lagos.

The team is thrilled to have received your five star review along with the positive feedback regarding our club rooms, club lounge and cleanliness. We appreciate the time taken to share these sentiments and I will be sure to share this with the team.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I have come back to stay a night with my kids. This is my third or fourth check in to this hotel. It has had time to settle down and so i believe its time to be clear about what its al about. Last night i couldn't get fresh orange juice - in a city where oranges rot on the sides of some streets - this is outrageous. palliatives about requisitions being slow etc are unacceptable in my view. this afternoon, chicken pepper soup is finished. another mysterious situation. the power cuts/change over to genset occur far to often.

on th plus side, the views are great the rooms are okay, not fantastic and the sheets - always an indicator of intent in Lagos - are good, soft and clean. television channels are excellent, pool a trifle cloudy.

wish there was a band offering soft music on the 5th floor deck as is usual in other Lagos hotels. The noise effects on guests can be pre advertised and cured perhaps with a different tariff or free drink or .....something!

good hotel, plenty of promise but food supply chain MUST improve and private checkin in the basement for discreet guests should be considered.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the floor overlooking the pool and the Barbeach/Lekki View
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Lagos, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear REMI J,

Thank you for your review. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 2, 2014

The room i stayed was beautiful ,on the 12th floor with nice view of the city.
I enjoyed the meal but Service at d restaurant needs to be improved*E.g i wanted goat meat stew but it was already exhausted,i was told to wait that the stew will soon be replenished, after waiting for close to 10mins, the stew was replaced and i went to get my portion-to my surprise it was fish stew that was labelled goat meat, thank God i wasnt allergic to fish, i told one of d waiters and all she could say was "no more goat meat stew".
Also, the stairway is tooo dirty and unkepmt for a hotel-maybe the place is neglected bcos everybody uses d elevators.
overall it was okay!

• Stayed: December 2013
Zaynab872015, Manager at InterContinental Lagos, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2016

Dear Gracefulme,

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit such a detailed review.

We endeavor to provide you with the highest standards of hospitality, and I am very glad that we were able to meet all of your expectations. I would like to express sincere apologies for the challenges that you have faced during your stay. We appreciate your feedback about the restaurant services, rest assured this is well noted.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at the InterContinental Lagos soon.

Karl Hala
Regional General Manager

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Everytime i go to the intercontinental, i am underwhelmed by the service, the food, the ambience, its been beautifully built but lets in self down in the areas that marks the hallmark of a good hotel. Case in point was their breakfast buffet in their downstairs restaurant, the food was cold, the staff where overworked, there was a queue for omelette as their was only ONE chef per the 100 or so diners, the youghurt was tepid and the food itself was either cold, or in small quantity, top it off there was a queue for everything! Needless to say I couldnt eat any of it, and tried complaining to service manager a caucasian gentleman, who himself was rude and made excuses saying this was a busy hour, if it is a busy hour, i would have expected a five star hotel to make sure that they are adequately staffed and have hot meals on hand, so that the customers can still enjoy a five star service, or even offer a refund seeing that he could see all the food was untouched, he wants moved! needless to say I wont be returning, there are way better hotels to say in lagos, and eat, the wheatbaker being first or the southern sun.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank prasillian
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Lagos, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear prasillian,