“Very strange park”

168 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 123 helpful votes
“Very strange park”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I visited the park with a group of work colleagues and I am sure nobody had a very good impression of the place. To get there was a challenge, there was no sign until you almost missed it.
When we got inside a very rude lady sold us tickets and provided no information apart that we should walk around.
After some time, some sort of "guide" joined us, but he was not very informative and we only walked around for more or less an hour. It was very hot and humid and we gave up after seeing only a couple of monkeys and peacocks.
At the end of the journey the "guide" wanted us to pay the tickets again to him, as we shouldn't have paid to the lady who collected the money and gave us the tickets...
We had a Nigerian friend with us and he told us to leave them fighting and no give any more money...
The highlight was the sign about not diving and that the survivors would be prosecuted!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank TPietscher

• Polish first
Lagos, Nigeria
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sanjoy”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I have visited this place today with my friend. It is an awesome experience. It's around 2 Km nature trail through a serene, calm and silent biodiversity park. only thing you will listen is the chirping of birds, cuckoos of peacock and all sort of jungle sounds which will soothen you through out. A tree platform of about 20-25 meters height will enthrall you as well once you climb. Though they claim its a home of bushbucks, Maxwell’s duikers, giant rats, hogs, mongooses but we have seen only peacock, lizards and lots of mona monkeys. Some times it reminds me Jurassik park. A must visit in Lagos. I love this place.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank sasanjoy
Leigh-on-Sea
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“True colours”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This was the last of several visits made in 2013 with family or friends. Group of kids and few mums setting up picnic in PICNIC area; cheeky monkey steals lunchbox; children squeal with understandable excitement and surprise; man appears from nowhere and in an extremely rude fashion asks me to remove party as we are being too noisy and he can't hear himself think in his meeting????; member of staff appears and throws her shoe at culprit monkey.!! In short, beyond belief on several levels. Won't be revisiting until desperate. This could and should be so much more. Shame on you the owners.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank snowytrigger
Lagos, Nigeria
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Impressed by the Improvement”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

After my last review of the Lekki Conservation Centre where I complained about the lack of customer service in the security guard I was pleasantly surprised to find the same security guard assist us in a nice manner.

Good to see the change and happy that they listened to customers feedback.

I could also see that there is a lot of work going on and I believe it will be greatly improved over the course of 2014.

Price however has doubled for entry fee which is understandable considering the work going on and to be honest it was far too cheap before anyway.

Visited January 2014
3 Thank Cambiar_Lagos
Lancaster, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Looking for something different in Lagos!”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Rather than the regular and crowded beach, expensive restaurants and bars, going to Lekki Conservation is an intriguing and delightful experience. It's a nature park inhabiting a number of plant species, monkeys, monitor lizards and peacocks. I took a friend out to the park and she enjoyed it, rather than the usual dining experience. There is a nice tall tree house to explore and it's really a long while to walk all through. However, the park still needs more maintenance as you can't even catch a view of any of the birds. I have been to a couple of nature parks in Hong Kong and through effective management and technology the parks attract migratory birds in great numbers and that's awesome.

Visited August 2013