“One star at four star prices.”
Review of Ibis Lagos Airport

Ibis Lagos Airport
Ranked #29 of 134 Hotels in Lagos
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

The rooms were booked online but no money taken so if locals booked we would have been without a room. At £240 for two rooms this place is expensive.
Stinky corridors stinky rooms dirty filthy carpets and dirty stink pillows had to use my own sheets to cover the stinky pillows. Slept ok though. One slaver of soap.
Breakfast included nice choice of foods. Ok service. No one to help with bags. Proper budget hotel but at over 50,000 naira a night an absolute rip off.

Stayed in a brand new spotless clean hotel in the east a presidential suite with people to carry bags for 27,000 naira a night and one for 35,000 near airport.

IBIS get your act together how can you charge double the uk room rate and offer half the service. Especially the stink and the filthy carpets in the room.

• Stayed: December 2013
Peter_DeBondt, General Manager at Ibis Lagos Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear mlanaka,

Your comment is greatly appreciated. I apologize for the condition of the room you stayed. We always look for areas that need improvement and ways that we can be better. We are currently renovating our hotel and focusing on stains and other maintenance issues noticed.

Please understand that we had rooms available for international and locals during the Christmas period. Be assured that this matter will be investigated, and appropriate corrective action will be taken. In order to investigate this further, please send details of your stay to me at h6708-gm@accor.com.

Please accept my apology and give us a second chance during your next visit. Thank you again for your review.

Deepest Apologies,

There are newer reviews for Ibis Lagos Airport

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Being a fan of Ibis in Europe, so I am naturally down to the Ibis Lagos Airport. any deception, dirty room, sheets and pillowcases smelled very bad, as if they had not been washed. To wash me, a simple piece of soap and a tiny shower gel. The restaurant, it was a long time I did not eat so badly. The staff, I think, the bottom is key reception everyone speaks, and the customer expects, staff room, they do not know it exists a vacuum to clean the carpet in the room; restaurant I think that there is no staff, we never see anyone. .... Some positives to finish, the pool, the bartender a little fat, a tall, thin technician and a girl all frail, in rooms, three people who helped me find the Ibis service. Just a question, where are, and what are responsible for service.

Room Tip: Go your way
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Peter_DeBondt, General Manager at Ibis Lagos Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Dear Mr. Marc,

Complement of the season!

It is very disappointing to hear that your stay was not pleasant. On behalf of Ibis Lagos Airport, kindly accept our sincere apologies for the situations you encountered during your stay. I will discuss your review with my employees and make sure it does not happen to anyone else.

I assure you that this situation will not happen again in the future. Please accept my apology and give us a second chance. Do not hesitate to contact me directly at h6708-gm@accor.com.

Deepest Apologies,

Reviewed December 16, 2013

This Ibis is now under new management. Peter De Bondt has been passed the Baton by Richard Robaix who was the founder G.M of this peaceful haven in bustling Lagos.
Friendly staff, a clean well maintained hotel with good food are keys to my repeated visits. Free wifi throughout the hotel, clean air conditioned bedrooms with all facilities ensure relaxation after a day in the awesome Lagos metropolis.
Well done Peter and your team.

Room Tip: All okay, go for one overlooking the pool if possible.
1  Thank nigelrapp

Dear nigelrapp,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your experience with us.
I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our food and amenities. Your feedback will be discussed with my team.

Your loyalty is greatly appreciated and we look forward to your next visit. Thank you for staying Ibis Lagos Airport.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Rooms are a bit small, but ok for short stays...excellent showers and facilities that work! Buffet good but limited ala carte menu....close to the domestic and international airport in Lagos. Very friendly staff that make you feel very welcome.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with kettle, coffee, tea etc
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Peter_DeBondt, General Manager at Ibis Lagos Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Mr. Koos

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It was great accommodating you during your visit.

Staying with us eliminates the traffic stress to and from the airport. We believe in going above and beyond to offer good service to every guest and we are thrilled to have met that goal for you.

Thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

Spent 2 nights at this hotel. You get the best rates on the Ibis website and are good value. It is useful that the hotel is close to the airport making it good for flight crews and catching early flights. The rooms are the typical Ibis room style but the lobbies to the rooms need to me worked on. (Looks old and tired). The staff were also good and polite.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Dear Mr. World Traveller,

We appreciate your comment and thank you for staying at Ibis Lagos Airport.

It is very obvious that you are very familiar with Ibis brand. Please be assured that we are currently renovating our lobby and hall ways.

Your praise of our staff is greatly appreciated. We know they will smile when we pass on your compliments to them. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your return.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I booked my a room from this hotel online thru a prominent online travel site. I paid for the room and got confirmation. I and my colleagues arrived at the hotel and this was when we are told they can't give us a room. They made us wait for 20 min not telling us what happened and why we are been waited. They were very rude and their attitude was insulting. They said they have a system issue then they said their rooms are under maintenance then they said even if it was not under maintenance they couldn't place us. So we asked to speak to the manager to get a refund or to be placed in another equivalent hotel. They said they can refund thru the agent and no earlier than a week. They offered us to place a no name hotel/hostel. We did not accept. And at the middle of the night after spending 8 hours of flight, We started looking for a hotel. We had to stay in sheraton which costed very high. So i do not recommend anyone to book from this hotel. Staff is not helpful even in a case where they made a mistake and by rude I mean insulting. Reluctant and annoying. Go and stay somewhere else.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Peter_DeBondt, General Manager at Ibis Lagos Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your experience was less than exceptional and for that I offer my deepest apologies.

We did not have rooms due to an unexpected situation we encountered. We hope you will give us the chance to make it up to you during your next visit. Please contact me directly at h6708-gm@accor.com.

An Accor traveler
Reviewed November 19, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Peter_DeBondt, General Manager at Ibis Lagos Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013