TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

“Good Value and Safe a Hotel in Lagos” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Lagos Airport

Ibis Lagos Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Murtala Mohamed Intl Airport Road | Ajao Estate, Lagos, Nigeria   |
Ranked #44 of 127 Hotels in Lagos
“Good Value and Safe a Hotel in Lagos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have written about this hotel before as as it continues to improve wanted to give it a more positive review. Since it opened the resident manager Richard worked very hard to produce a very professional team and improve the niggles like the damp smell in the corridors (now no more) and slow wifi (now greatly improved but still has it's bad days). The restaurant provides a good quality of food despite being a buffet in addition to the snack menu. The quality of finishing in the rooms still could be improved but I understand they are being upgraded slowly. One thing that is very good are the new very comfortable beds I always have a great sleep on them. Richard has now been transferred to Benin and his replacement Peter seems to be a hotelier cast from the same mold as Richard. Finally all the staff here are really good and always do their best to make you feel at home.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Peter_DeBondt, Front Office Manager at Ibis Lagos Airport, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Mr. Davies B

It was a great pleasure reading your review. We appreciate your business and loyalty over the years.

I am glad you met Mr. Peter De Bondt during you visit. Please be assured that we are going from room to room to get all the problems fixed. Your encouragement is greatly appreciated.

Thank you again for your loyalty and we look forward to your next visit.

Ibis Lagos Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Inverness, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I do however need to highlight the menu, which for my 3rd visit on the trot still does not have items available and when I enquired was informed its to expensive to buy in!!! I commented then why are these items still on the menu to which I was given a smile and no answer.

The Ibis Hotel has a good name and must endeavour to keep this by addressing these smaller issues to return to the standard shown during my first visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Key Biscayne, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The Ibis (Accor) is a good solution for overnight stays in Lagos.
Rooms are very small but clean, adequate, the wifi works well.
Front desk is very friendly and efficient, service is professional, buffet is good quality.
The gym does not exist yet (unless two treadmills in a small storage room can be called a gym)
They have transportation to and from airport.
They even answer emails and you can reserve via email.
After the chaos of Lagos airport it is a welcome change.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Cobocon,

We appreciate your comment and thank you for staying at Ibis Lagos Airport.
I am glad that you found our employees friendly and efficient. Please understand that the gym is one of the upgrades we have on our to-do list. We will upgrade it very soon.

Thank you again for staying at Ibis Lagos Airport and we look forward to your next visit.

Inverness, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I have used this Hotel on numerous occasions now, its Location for transit is great and the staff there more than happy to help with all needs. The security at the gate is welcomed and keeps unwanted revellers away. The rooms are adequate and generally value for money, the tea/coffee facilities once again do not have milk and when requested none available!!

I do however need to highlight the menu, Which for my 3rd visit on the trot still does not have items available and when I enquired was informed its to expensive to buy in!!! I commented then why are these items still on the menu to which I was given a smile and no answer.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Peter_DeBondt, Front Office Manager at Ibis Lagos Airport, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Mr. Mark,

Your comment and loyalty is greatly appreciated. I apologize for the replies you got from our employees at the restaurant.

Please understand that we do not have milk in our rooms due health reasons. You can consider both issues fixed since we have ordered the milk and new menus.

chicago, illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

First time in Nigeria, Very nice hotel, enjoyed the food, internet service and pool area. Staff were very professional and nice, Very close to the airport, cabs outside. Would not advise anyone to travel alone. Loved Nigeria but it is not for the faint of heart. Lots of business people were there. We did have some issues with the rooms could use major cleaning, and odor in the hallways. But overall enjoyed our visit. The photos on the website are true to the hotel. Would return.

Room Tip: Make sure rooms are clean before you unpack.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank letsgo02
Richard_robaix, Front Office Manager at Ibis Lagos Airport, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear letsgo02,

Thank you for staying with us. It is good to know that you enjoyed your first visit to Nigeria, our food, internet service and pool area.

I apologize for the condition of the room you stayed. We always look for areas that need improvement and ways that we can be better. We currently have fragrance machines to prevent odor in our hallways and we will pay close attention to our rooms.

Thank you again for your comment and we hope to see you again.

Kind Regards,

Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

It was my first stay at Ibis Lagos Airport and everything worked perfectly fine. The communication prior to my stay in terms of booking the room and arranging pick-up from the airport was friendly and straight forward. On arrival check-in was welcoming, quick and easy. My room was on the 1st floor overlooking the pool, so no noise from the road at all.
Breakfast from 4.30am until 12pm is a generous period of time, but better go before 10am if you fancy scrambled or fried eggs, bacon and sausages because they are absolutely yummy and therefore most likely finished by then.
I stayed for 10 days and throughout this time the staff was friendly and always helpful when there were questions or issues, i.e. telecommunication problems with my devices, transport or arrangement of local currency. I also got many valuable hints and advices about which areas to see and what to consider for doing business in Nigeria. Housekeeping was carried out properly and always with a smile, and the pool area was a great place to relax in the evening after a long day on the road.

The location of the hotel is perfect for trips all over Lagos and local shops are around for daily needs, i.e. water, snacks, tobacco etc. There are also decent restaurants and small pubs close by to experience local food and drinks which I enjoyed very much.

Thanks to Richard, Adhiraj, Temi, Azeez, Patience, Happiness, Ope, Jasper and their fellow colleagues for creating a family atmosphere and always being open for a chat and a laugh. That's not something you experience much often. I'll be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Richard_robaix, Front Office Manager at Ibis Lagos Airport, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Arne,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your experience with us. It was great meeting and accommodating you.

I am glad that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. Your feedback will be communicated to our team.

Thank you for staying at Ibis Lagos Airport and I look forward to your next visit.