“Good location, Great value”
Review of Ibis Lagos Airport

Ranked #29 of 135 Hotels in Lagos
Reviewed June 1, 2013

considering the price, it's good value for money. Excellent location--just 10 mins away from Lagos airport. That's a great reason to stay in this hotel, if one is aware of the infamous Lagos traffic. Service at the front desk was pretty quick. The hotel is clean but the rooms are a bit small. The lobby level restaurant is good but seems too little staff to serve you on time. But considering, what's available at this part of the world--its definitely good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Richard_robaix, Front Office Manager at Ibis Lagos Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear Shan29,

Your comment is greatly appreciated. I am glad you know how horrible traffic can be in Nigeria. Staying with us eliminates the traffic stress to the airport.

Thank you for your comment and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

This hotel was okay with very close proximity to the airport; so, it was ideal for my one night stay. The staff were courteous and the two female receptionists (Ope and Jennifer) I dealt with literally brightened my stay and day with their smiles.

The room was a little on the small side but again perfect as I wanted to be close to the airport. I would definitely recommend this hotel for those who worry about the traffic in Lagos and worry about possibly missing their flight.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear LDNisALRIGHT,

Your comment is greatly appreciated and I am glad you would recommend our hotel. We believe happy employees make the customers happy. I will personally recognize their good work.

Thank you for your comment and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stayed in Ibis during my recent trip to Lagos. Like other reviews before, Please make sure you will reach to right Ibis as there was a hotel naming Ibis just nearby.
The best reason for selecting this hotel is its location which is 10 min drive from International airport. The location is not so appealing but i think its secured one & its good for short stay.
Due of limited choice at chick in , I has to book my room on 2nd floor overlooking to front road. Although room was of small size but its enough for 2 adults stay & It was well cleaned & carpeted. There was enough space for seating at study table for 2 & to prepare presentation on laptop. cafe cattle, fridge & LED was available in the room.
The bathroom equipped with hair dryer. I had a shower bath with hot & cold water to get fresh after long air trip of more than 9 hours. Buffet breakfast was average but not having much choices & specially for vegetarian people like me. The choice was almost 20% as compare to my last stay at Federal palace,Victoria Island. Pool was looking nice though i have not tried it.

Negative point - hotel not offered complimentary water bottle in the room. I managed to brought 3 big water bottle from outside through my local client/host. Although hotel offering the same at reception but i haven't asked there price. The WIFI speed was not up to my expectation & it was loosing signal after every few minutes.

However, Hotel staff was nice & polite as they allowed me 3 hours more to stay beyond the check out time (keep in view my return flight timings). The lobby space is not too much but its sufficient for formal meeting with 1-2 clients.

Overall it is good hotel for short stay but bit more heavy on pocket ($205/night) compare to offered amenities & facilities.However it seems fair as compare to price offered by other hotels in Lagos.

Room Tip: try room on 2nd or upper floor overlooking to pool.

Dear SourabhGaggar,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to list all the amenities we offer. I apologize for the water and WIFI situation you encountered. We always look for areas that need improvement and ways that we can be better.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

One of the main attractions of this hotel is its location; few kilometers from the international airport, meaning you get there in 10 minutes or less beating the problematic Lagos traffic.One feature however: the porters will not take your baggage to the room, you have to carry your stuff yourself (I do not know if there are exceptions). Again, though the rooms are clean, with enclosed bathrooms, hot/running water, very courteous staffs, large screen TVs etc, the size of the rooms are too tight for my liking. I've stayed in two different rooms on different occasions and they are same. Aside from this drawback, every other thing is perfect, and worth a further visit.

Dear jouster,

Your comment is greatly appreciated. I totally agree that our location is one of our main attractions.
Unfortunately, Ibis Hotels do not have porters but we are all available to assist with bags. I am available to assist you personally on your next visit.

Thank you for your comment and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for a business trip to Lagos. I found the room to be clean and the bed comfortable. Room size was small with few amenities but served it's purpose. Make sure you give yourself plenty of time to get to the airport when flying out. Although the airport is close, traffic can be pretty crazy. I ate breakfast and lunch in the hotel restaurant. Both were served buffet style and was OK but not great. Again, gets the job done. Exercise room is limited to a treadmill, bike and elliptical machine. Hotel is inside a walled compound with an alert security team. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. I only gave this hotel a three out of five because I am comparing it to other hotels that I have stayed. There is nothing "fancy" about this hotel but it will provide you with a clean, comfortable and secure place to stay while in Lagos.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear FrUsa1991

Your comment is greatly appreciated. Traffic in Nigeria can be very bad. Our fitness center is only basic for now but we plan on upgrading it. I can proudly say we have happy employees that are willing to go above and beyond for our guests.

Thank you for your comment and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

This hotel like every other good hotel in the Lagos area is in a gated compound. With conditions on the ground in Nigeria this is an absolute necessity for any security conscious person. The hotel staff was friendly, and check in and out was smooth and hassle free. The room was well maintained and clean. The bed mattress was very firm. This is something that some folks may find objectionable - personally I liked it. I have stayed in worse condition hotels in the USA and Europe. So just because its Africa doesn't automatically mean a sub standard hotel. The room had a small pot for boiling water for coffee and tea, which the hotel provided - exactly two bags of tea and two packs of instant coffee and sugar. The hot water in the bathroom was hot throughout the stay. And the air conditioning worked very well - this can be problematic in some hotels in the region. There was no clothes iron or ironing board in the room. When I asked the hotel staff if one could be brought up I was told they did not have any available (at all). The staff informed me that there was a laundry service available and that I could have my clothes ironed only if desired. Interestingly enough I have never stayed at any hotel where a clothes iron and ironing board could not be brought to the room, or where one could not iron their own clothes. The cost to iron a shirt was $3 (USD) per shirt. The restaurant in the hotel was OK. I only ate breakfast there and while the selections were limited by some standards, there was enough variety for most people. I thought the cut fresh fruit was specially good. And who doesn't like a nice cut up baguette with butter and Paw Paw jam or honey. There were at least two minor power outages early in the morning. They were actually more like major power surges in that power was only out for a few seconds. The wireless Internet access in the room was problematic throughout my stay with a weak signal, or being dropped sometimes altogether. Overall this hotel should be considered by anyone traveling to Lagos. I would stay here again.

1  Thank robhummer

Dear robhummer,

Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your comment.

I apologize for any inconvenience our laundry service may have caused. I will communicate the internet problem you encountered to our provider.

We are currently upgrading all the beds in our rooms to “The Sweet Bed by ibis” and it is very good for the back. I am glad you had the chance to stay in one of our rooms with the new bed. Thank you again for your comment and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend for 3 nights including arrival and departure days.It takes only 5-10min.to the airport,big advantage cause the traffic is a nightmare in this town!
The staff is very friendly in every department and helpful.The rooms are small (like always with IBIS) but clean,esp.the bathrooms.In the corridors it smells damp which I didn't like but that is in many hotels the same here.The food is is ok and a bigger choice available of local and international dishes.Breakfast is included.
Big plus: a big and clean swimming pool! There is also a small gym.The internet is fast and everywhere available.
Generally I think the prices are too high (a double room 205$ and the food around 10-20 Euros) but we plan to come here again next time!

Room Tip: The rooms are all the same size but choose the ones not to the street.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 58Sunshine13

Dear 58Sunshine13,

Thank you for your comment. It was great accommodating you recently and it is obvious that you know enough about Ibis Hotels in different countries. Our fitness center is only basic for now but we plan on upgrading it. Our pool is one of the cleanest in Nigeria.

Thank you again for your comment and we look forward to your next visit.

Ibis Lagos Airport

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lagos
Three Arms
Ibis Lagos Ikeja
Ibis Lagos Ikeja
#39 of 135 in Lagos
Presken Hotel & Resorts Ltd

Been to Ibis Lagos Airport? Share your experiences!