WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #1 of 130 Hotels in Lagos
Atlanta, Georgia
“Simply Splendid!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

Whether you are seeking a weekend respit from the everyday grind, or traveling to Lagos for business, The Wheatbaker is a very lovely establishment. The rooms are very modern and elegant, and the staff are top notch. I thoroughly enjoyed dinner there, and I must say, my hostess for the evening...can't exactly remember her name..though I think it was Shalewah...was the most exquisite creature I have ever met. Her demeanor and attention to patrons was magnificent!! She should have her own class of impeccable customer service. I would go back there just to have her serve me again and again. Overall, I would absolutely recommend The Wheatbaker as a great place to stay in Lagos, Nigeria.
F. Paul
International Coffee Distributor

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Felicia P
Simon G, General Manager at The Wheatbaker, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear HOT4JAVA

Thank you very much for providing your observations of your recent visit to The Wheatbaker, Lagos.

We appreciate your kind comments about our staff and will strive to ensure we maintain the highest level of Service and Quality in all that we do.

The Team and I hope you will choose to stay with us again if you visit Lagos in the future.

Simon Grindrod

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Excellent experience in Lagos.. The hotel is in a very good shape with excellent services. Well secured and very clean. Room space and cleanliness were above my expectations.
The room is a bit expensive and their were noise near my room at 4 AM (probably caused by floor security).

Stayed July 2014
Simon G, General Manager at The Wheatbaker, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Mohamed H

Thank you for your observations following your stay at The Wheatbaker, Lagos.

The Team and I are grateful to you for taking the time to give us your feedback and are pleased you enjoyed your stay. However, We have reiterated the importance of maintaining silence on our guest corridors in order to preserve our discreet and serene environment.

We hope you will return to us if you visit Lagos again.

Venice, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Second time in this hotel in a few months.
It is really a pleasure to come back and to appreciate the consistency of the hospitality service provided.
Great staff, perfect and professional management ready to answer to all client's needs.
Good interiors, perfect status of maintenance and cleaning.
Don't miss it if you are in Lagos.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Simon G, General Manager at The Wheatbaker, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear Sid_italy

On behalf of The Wheatbaker Team, may I thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel.

We are pleased that you have found our standards of service to be satisfactory during your stays and we know that this requires daily commitment to ensure that valued Guests such as yourself return again in the future.

I am grateful for your continued patronage and invite you to contact me personally should there be anything you require from us during your next visit to Lagos.

Lagos, Nigeria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

The Wheatbaker is my first choice for my coffee meetings (the best cappuccino in town!!!); for the many lifestyle and art events which I put up in Lagos ; and most importantly for my valued personal retreats (staycations I like to call them) which I indulge in from time to time when I leave my home in Lagos and check in to The Wheatbaker for peace, sleep and some pamper time.

From the Nespresso machines to the silky bath robes in the rooms; from the most courteous staff in the country to the fantastic conference facilities ; from the best spaghetti Arrabiata I have had outside of Florence to the beautiful art-infused decor...The Wheatbaker is definitely my favorite hotel in Nigeria and I dare say one of my favorites in the world.

It is not cheap but it is definitely worth every Naira!!!

Keep the standard high guys!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Simon G, General Manager at The Wheatbaker, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Ugoma A

Thank you for your comments about our hotel, we are pleased you have chosen us as your home away from home.

We know that Lagosians have many choices as to where to go for meetings and social events and we are proud you have chosen us.

Consider yourself one of the Wheatbaker Family!

Durban, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

In general, an Awesome stay

The food is the most impressive out of the 50+ hotels I've stayed at around Africa

the service was always above & Beyond what you expect & is a 1st world experience, especially when staying in Nigeria

Room Tip: Always choose 3rd floor or Higher (if possible) this stops or drastically reduces the odds of any l...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Moorzinio
Dear Moorzinio

Thank you very much for your review of your stay at The Wheatbaker, Lagos.

We all very much appreciate the time you have taken to provide your observations and your patronage is invaluable to us.

Please be assured that we will always strive to deliver the very best service we can to every individual Guest, without whom we would not be here.

Thanks again

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

Extremely well run hotel, with excellent staff and a great location. A smaller hotel where you feel safe and welcome, where everything works, and attention to detail is admirable. Tastefully decorated and with food and beverage quality you would expect from a hotel managed by a high end South African group.

Room Tip: First floor, rear facing room quiet and convenient.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Simon G, General Manager at The Wheatbaker, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Barewa

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback.

We are encouraged to learn that you found our service to be of the standard you require and please accept our assurances that The Wheatbaker Team and I will always strive to deliver this consistently to every one of our individual Guests.

We hope you will choose us again for your next stay!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

I stayed at Wheatbaker early May... As those who have been to Lagos will know the hotels are extremely over-priced for what they are. I'd say even the so called best hotels are no more than 3-4 star hotels (in the west) but priced more than some 5 star hotels in the West.

I stayed at Southern Sun which was ok but very basic accommodation in my humble opinion. Then I moved to wheatbaker on my way back and stayed at wheatbaker and was very pleasantly surprised.

The room was lovely. The toilet and shower and plumbing and finishing (which tends to be the let down in most properties in Nigeria) were excellent and honestly world class.

The Gym was fully equipped and actually much better equiped than many Hotel Gyms in England, After my work out I actually was ofterred a stretch and mini massages from teh staff. I saw a lady having one earlier and actually thought she requested it but I got offered too. That was a very nice touch.

Anyway my only complaint is my stay was too short. And now I am heading back again for only a short stay which I wish was longer.

Very comfy hotel with modern clean decor! Great calm atmposhere too.

yep Wheatbaker will be my first port of call whenever I am in Lagos and need a hotel

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear 186338Traveller1

The Wheatbaker Team and I are very grateful for your feedback which is the foundation of everything we do to ensure we deliver both quality and value to all of our Guests.

We are especially pleased that, as a seasoned world traveler, you have found us to be satisfactory.

Please accept our thanks for your patronage and we hope you will indeed stay with us again in the future.