The Wheatbaker
Agoda.com
Three Arms(Lagos)
$50
TripAdvisor
All reviewspleasure of stayingexcellent hotelbuffet lunchhis teamclean hotelrooms are spaciousvisiting lagoscourteous staffenjoyed my stayhome away from homevictoria islandsouthern sunsimonnigeriabusinesssecuritygym
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on business in May and was very impressed with the service, rooms and food!
The best part was the Nespresso in the room!!!
The converence facilities are also very good.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone anytime

• Stayed: May 2013
Simon G, General Manager at The Wheatbaker, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Freben S

Thank you for taking time to review The Wheatbaker, Lagos. We are grateful for both your patronage and kind observations.

We will be sure to keep our Nespresso machines and complimentary coffee pods in plentiful supply should you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Unfortunately, I didnt stay over at the hotel. I took my wife there for our anniversary dinner but boy, did I wish I was staying.

I had made reservations earlier in the day and when I arrived with my queen, we were well received and were shown to our table.
Staff made us really feel at home. Food was really delicious and service was first class. Somehow, they found out it was our anniversary and the staff suprised us with an elegantly decorated cake.They also took pictures of us two lovebirds.
Now, to the basics. Food was really good with great atmosphere. Price was steep but then good things don't come cheap. If you want to treat that special someone to a different experience, you won't go wrong here.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Deyuze

The Wheatbaker Team and I were thrilled to learn that we had helped to make your Anniversary special for you and your wife.

It is indeed the small touches that make the difference between a good experience and a great experience.

I hope your positive experience in our Grill Room restaurant will cause you to come back and stay with us sometime.

Once again, many thanks for taking the trouble to comment.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Travelling to Nigeria for work and spending your birthday in Lagos - does not sound like much fun, but when you arrive at a World Class hotel like the Wheatbaker you know you are at the best Lagos has to offer. I travel to Lagos every month for business and I highly recommend this wonderful hotel under the management of Simon Grindrod. The service is excellent, rooms are the best and the food is outstanding.

I would like to congratulate Simon and his team for delivering fantastic service under very challenging conditions. I am not sure how these guys found out it was my birthday but they pulled out all the stop and everything was so special on the day. The Wheatbaker, many hotels could learn from you - well done I will be returning and have recommended your hotel to many other corporate travels. I wish you much success and salute you for the service and product you have established in Africa

Room Tip: They are all stunning
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Rochelle 1972

Thank you from The Wheatbaker Team and I for taking the time to review your stay with us.

Your comments are extremely valuable to us in monitoring the experiences of our valued Guests, both positive or otherwise.

We are all grateful for your patronage given the many choices travelers to Lagos have, many of which are cheaper.

Please be assured of our absolute commitment to providing a consistently outstanding level of Service to you should you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Great with security and wonderfully friendly with staff that seem genuinely warm and engaging. Wifi throughout though turning the login process to a SSID type as opposed to a web login would prevent continuous retries during a visit to the hotel.
Food very good. Design and interior of the facilities very good.
Slight roundabout route between rooms and fitness centre. Slight let down in cleanliness of rooms (bed cover dirty underneath and dusty corners).
Overall though my favorite hotel in Lagos, having moved from using the previously excellent Southern Sun (very poor service levels today). Have not tried new InterContinental yet.

Highly recommend this intimate and customer focused hotel!

• Stayed: September 2013
Simon G, General Manager at The Wheatbaker, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Johandl

Thank you for your very detailed and useful review of your stay with us at The Wheatbaker, Lagos.

We are grateful for your input, especially since it is clear that you are a well experienced corporate traveler.

The points you have provided us will assist us in improving our offering to valued Guests such as yourself.

I will contact you privately for more information on your observations.

Thanks again for your business which we never take for granted!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I must have searched 5 different hotels in & around the Island before finding this gem. My family and I stayed here heading in and then out of Nigeria. Truly world class, clean, polite staff (Good Morning/Good Afternoon Mrs X), visible management, very accommodating for my child's 'special diet', comfortable beds..., I can't rave enough... ah welcome home.
Crowd is mainly business folks. We were a bit out of place in in our casual attire, especially during the week. Someone mentioned the pool is exposed... it is very.... No complaints though.
There is a restaurant on site that serves very good food and good wine. No Beer available though. Breakfast buffet is also delicious and a good mix of Nigerian and western food.
The hotel offers live music on Friday... I thought I heard an angel...

I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor once overlooking the patio. This room seemed slightly larger than the top floor rooms overlooking the back of the property. (only slightly).
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mdm_Belle
Simon G, General Manager at The Wheatbaker, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Mdm_Belle

Thanks from all of us here at The Wheatbaker, Lagos, for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay with us.

We are very pleased you feel at home with us and are grateful for your patronage and input. I was quite surprised to see that you could not get a beer as we carry a large range of both local and international beers and lagers - I will message you separately to get details of this.

Once again our genuine thanks for choosing us, we never take it for granted!

S Grindrod