“Great View of The Water Front”

Lagos Oriental Hotel
Ranked #59 of 131 Hotels in Lagos
“Great View of The Water Front”
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

I visited the hotel on 8 Feb 14 and took time to hang out and have lunch at the pool area. Although the sun was up, the lunch was good and the pool area overlooking the Lagoon and water front had a soothing and cooling effect. The full benefit of this is better experienced in the evenings when the sun is down.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
adedoyin a, Guest Relations Manager at Lagos Oriental Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2015
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your wonderful recomendation, and taking time to write a feedback during your stay in the hotel.The management takes note of your valueable suggestion and will implement them for better service delivery.

Thanks once more and see you next time.

Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Accra, Ghana
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Arrived at 11.30 to try their dim sum. Not a huge variety but what we ordered was very tasty. Pork buns, chicken feet and radish cake just to name a few. The only thing which let the experience down is that they didn't have Chinese tea on the day we were there, they offered Lipton tea instead.

Stayed December 2013
adedoyin a, Guest Relations Manager at Lagos Oriental Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2015
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your comment and for taking time to post your feedback
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay while you were around

Your suggestion on provision of varieties in pastry menu, is receiving management attention.
Thanks once more, and see you on your next visit.

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I recall how the best hotel in Lagos used to be before Oriental Hotel started operating about five years ago. Service then was shoddy and hotel rooms amongst the most expensive in the world. Even though there is no clear classification criteria, most hotels in Lagos that claim four or five star would not meet up to that standard elsewhere in the world. With the advent of Oriental Hotel, standards became important. Oriental Hotel Lagos was the hotel to beat. The inside is a dream and the large rooms in the old wing is just amazing. The view of the lagoon from the wide windows in the rooms are something else. Well you can decide on the Chinese cuisine or some exotic meal from the Japanese restaurant. On Fridays a band plays by the swimming pool and here you can catch a spectacular view of the lagos lagoon at night. There is a two level car park capable of parking about 400 cars. A banquet hall with a seating capacity of about 1500 people have just been added to the new wing which also boasts of about 220 rooms and 12 Presidential suites. There is also free wi-fi in all the rooms. The downside is I noticed that there is a decline in service rendered from when it started. But overall, it is still comparable to any hotel of its standard anywhere in the world and it is a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Godsent007
adedoyin a, Guest Relations Manager at Lagos Oriental Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2015
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the Oriental hotel, and it was expecially gladening that you enjoyed your stay with us

Your suggestion on service improvement is noted.
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed October 2, 2013

After hearing so much hype about this hotel it was just never one that I got around to checking out properly.

I attended an event which held there just last week, I arrived early so went to a room that seemed to play loud music (not sure what it was called) just before the pool for a hot chocolate. I was given a very low quality hot chocolate that seemed to have little bubbles of an oil substance on top. I then had to ask for a spoon to stir it but that didn't help, after a few sips I decided it wasn't for me. I went to the bar to pay and informed the employee that it wasn't very nice, his response "that's how it always is" I would expect a better response from a 4 star hotel. I asked to pay and he gave me N500 change from his pocket, I told him I wanted a receipt which he reluctantly gave me.

On my way to my conference I went to use the ladies room, which is downstairs. The few times I have used these toilets I always seem to bump into young ladies fixing their hair, make up with shoes everywhere which I find very random.

I then proceeded to my conference which was in the new part of the hotel, the function room was the Ballroom, very beautiful with lovely chandeliers. After attending for a few hours my friend and I decided to go get something to eat so we went back to the room with no obvious name. I ordered Chicken Fried Rice (which was delicious), and my friend ordered the chef's salad. The waiter, Wisdom was very gentle and polite. When the food arrived it was not as it appeared as the Chef's salad was suppose to come with Tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce and this one had no tomatoes the lettuce was mixed in some sort of mayonnaise and ham. Please note that my friend is in fact Vegetarian.

After questioning another member of staff (Not the lovely gentleman Wisdom we had met before) he had no clue as to how things should be served. We then asked Wisdom for the manager. Mr Olumide then came up and we questioned him on the salad, he then knew that there was a mistake and asked if he could get us another one, I told him we were already running behind and had to get back to the conference but informed him that we would not be paying for the salad.

The price of the food was ok for Lagos prices but the portion sizes were quite large which makes it worth the money.

I urge the Oriental Hotel, to invest in Customer Service Training, you have the product, the location and the right idea but if your staff do not have sufficient customer training then all the rest is in vain.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Cambiar_Lagos
Dear Guest,

We warmly appreciate your comment and taking time to post your feedback
Please note that your recomendation on customer service training, is receiving management attention.

Thanks once again, and hoping to see you on your next visit.
Cehegin, Spain
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for. Four days on business. I was always told you only get one chance to make a "first impression" they failed. My greeting on arrival was surly, unprofessional and not at all welcoming. I asked a number of fairly straight forward questions and was greeted by the female reception with a blank whilst she continued to chat on her mobile with her friend, boyfriend, other. I asked if there was Wifi in the room to bet old yes here is a cable to plug in!! I finally established that you could have wifi but they needed to install a small router in your room, I asked for the router but. The response was we do not have any we will sort one for the morning. I got up. The following morning and at 9am asked for a router to be told it would've. Available later in. The day. At 4pm I asked again but was told they had run out again and it would be the following. Day. Service, not I think!!

In the room you got tea/coffee etc, however nothing to make hot water with, no. Kettle of other device to boil water!!!

So to breakfast, great spread plenty of choice, no glasses for the. Fruit juice, no plates for the cold fruit, no chef to cook eggs, no milk for tea, should I go on!!!

Shame because as other reflect the house keeping and restaurant staff were very welcoming and tried to help

All of this and they charge $300 a night, not worth it and if I have a choice in would not stay there again

Sorry Oriental hotel but you need to look at what you do as far as Reception and. Customer service is concerned

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Bob H
adedoyin a, Guest Relations Manager at Lagos Oriental Hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your patronage, and feedback on your stay with us We apologise for the inconvenience you experienced please be assured that points raised will be shared with management.

Thanks and see you on your next visit

Travelers are raving about these Lagos hotels

Paris, France
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed here after the worst travel experience in 3 decades that I suffered at the Four Points.

This hotel is excellent. Great customer service, food, rooms, gym and pool.

Some of the art was quite outstanding.

Totally recommend for any business traveller.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
adedoyin a, Guest Relations Manager at Lagos Oriental Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking time to post your observations about your experience ,during your stay in our hotel, it is noteworthy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us .

Your recomendation, will spurned us to do more, in provision of excellent customer service, which we are known for.

Thanks and best regards.
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time that I've stayed at this hotel and once again I'm very impressed. The rooms are huge and beautiful. Very clean. Comfortable beds. Very nice bathrooms. Excellent service with a smile. I would recommend to anyone travelling to Lagos.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Russel P
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your kind recomendation of our hotel during your stay with us, It also gladening to know you enjoyed your stay We promised to keep up the phase and maintain our excellent service

Thanks once again for the excellent recommendation, and see you on your next visit.