All reviews pool side place to stay privacy toilet business
Reviewed March 27, 2018

I was here on on a business trip and stayed for 3 nights. It is an excellent location overlooking Gulf of Guinea waters. However only a few room can have that option. This is not a typical hotel but cottages with rooms allocated to individuals. So you get a very different feeling.
Rooms are nice with good internet strength, however with every power disruption internet would be disconnected and be back after couple of minutes.
Good thing is that rooms have balconies, which are never cleaned and do not have a great view (pic attached).
Plumbing work in bathrooms has its own set of problems. When one problem is fixed and water got filled in. It was not cleared even after 2 days. Towel are also not adequate.
Ala carte in restaurant has very good preparation. However spread for vegetarian is very limited (almost no-existent). Chef is friendly and prepares something as may like.
If you like to exercise, there is a gym with very limited equipments. On request, this is opened but you would have to exercise in stale air and annoying noise of treadmill. Movements in weight machine also is not very smooth.
It is manageable and one can stay here if nothing else is available.

Room Tip: Ask for second floor beach facing rooms
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Protea K, Front Office Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Lagos Kuramo Waters, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We do appreciate your custom.

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

It was a pleasant stay. Nice friendly staff. Quiet environment. Enjoyed staying at the pool side. Good food also. Nice comfortable beds, with crisp sheets. Greetings to Queen & Stella they spoilt me with attention. A place to stay if you don’t want to hear all the Lagos traffic. Will be back again. Soon

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Protea K, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Lagos Kuramo Waters, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We do appreciate your custom and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 15, 2018 via mobile

The room I was assigned had a smell, complained about it and the front desk office couldn't change the room and was unapologetic about it.
Spoke about it the next day, no apologies for the disservice.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Protea K, Front Office Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Lagos Kuramo Waters, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2018

Thank you for your feedback which would be adequately addressed.

Reviewed January 18, 2018

I only gave 1 star because I can't give a "-5" star. Rating this hotel 1 is too good for them. I planned and organize my office end of year party and decided to use Kuramo Waters because of the location and my relationship with the owners. To my surprise, custormer service is appaling. My reasons;
- My party was for 60, I was assigned 1 waiter for setup, My team and I had to set up ourselves while I was constantly complaining to the Manager to assign more people.
- I reached out at the end of the party, asked to settle my bill and have it emailed to me the next morning. After 2 and a half week of constant harrassment to the hotel, even had to call the owner's son who is a friend of mine, I finally got my invoice.
- When I got my invoice, to my surprise I received an invoice that was 500,000 Naira more that what they gave me after my party. I reached out to Management, I was not getting a solid feedback. I had to leave office in the middle of the day to sort it out.
- When I went there, The Financial Controller was disrespectful and condescending, he could not immediately explain why my bill was inflated and the receipt was a hot mess, I had to coach the Finance person how to write a bill/invoice.
- He eventually notified me my bill was ready, I went back to the hotel only to be kept waiting again for about an hour, I called the manager who in turn reached out. The Financial Controller came out aggressively and said "HEY YOU! DID I TELL YOU YOUR BILL IS READY?"....shocking hunh...well since they were ready to play dirty, I told him to step back before things got physical.

Long story short, we were able to eventually figure out the "error" on my bill, apparently they had double taxed me, which is something that should not have happened if the hotel had hired professionals. I was originally looking to set up a corporate partnership with Protea Kuramo Waters, unfortunately, that will no longer be happening. Customer experience was appalling, to even make things worst, the "Management" as they call themselves, they're not even apologetic! or willing to compensate for the stress and terrible experience my people and I had. This is one true example of :Judging a book by the cover"

Room Tip: Don't bother, not even worth it!
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled on business
2  Thank Moriam D
Protea K, Front Office Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Lagos Kuramo Waters, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2018

This particular issue has repeatedly been brought back and measure has been taken to address it.

Reviewed January 3, 2018

Let me start off by saying that the hotel is absolutely lovely and is situated in a lovely location in Victoria Island. Its spacious and the lobby of the hotel smells divine.

That being said, the service that I received was terrible. I only gave them two stars because of the ONE staff (in the whole hotel) that was on hand and was able to attend to my guests and I.

I organized an event for a client of mine at their poolside in December, we made payment and waited for the Mariott experience lol. When we started the set up at the poolside, I had to walk into hotel numerous times to ask for someone to assist. As no one was able to help, my colleagues and I had to do the majority of the setup- starting from moving the furniture to the folding of napkins. I have never in all my years of being in the hospitality industry experienced that before.

After the event, I called and asked that the bill be sent to me for reconciliation- I only got the bill today being TWO WEEKS after the event. After I received the bill, I then realized that the hotel had grossly overcharged me and they were not able to pinpoint where the problem stemmed from. They then called their Financial Controller who was of no help what so ever- he was very rude to my colleague and I and would not allow us to get a word in. I recommend that he undergo intense customer service training because the next guest he speaks to in that manner may not be as calm as me. The hotel basically did not take the time to go through the bills and just charged me thinking I would not go through the bill. I had to sit down with the team for hours to hash it out.

To summarize, the service was poor, they overcharge, and I really do not think the management team has a proper hospitality background. It's very disappointing for a Marriot chain. I will not be recommending this hotel to anyone anytime soon.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Tee W
Protea K, Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Lagos Kuramo Waters, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2018

We appreciate your custom and feedback. We would get back to you in earnest.