“Wonderful Staff”
Review of Hotel Bon Voyage

Hotel Bon Voyage
Ranked #31 of 134 Hotels in Lagos
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I recently spent 4 weeks on business in Lagos staying at the Bon Voyage Hotel. The hotel was spotlessly clean and the food, whilst not gourmet, was adequate. However, what stood out for me was the hotel staff. They were always cheerful, friendly and helpful, like so many of the Nigerian people The staff always had a smile, which looked genuine compared to the frozen plastic smiles in so many other places. I would like to thank each and every one of the staff who looked after my colleagues and I.

Room Tip: Avoid the side close to the buiding site.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank 905Frank
There are newer reviews for Hotel Bon Voyage

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Attended a program here and was I disappointed. They were so concerned about the expatriates and let a lot to be desired for others. The main gate was open for Whites to pass through while I was told to go through the pedestrian gate. The Air conditioners went off and on. The Hall was small and the fire exit was blocked with chairs. to crown it all water did not flow always and you were left with a bucket of water to serve you cleaning needs.

Tea/coffee breaks were guided and you were told what to and what not to take with outrageously small canapés. Food was never enough in the afternoons and you were ordered to eat what was left.

The staff were nice and courteous but all in all the stay was not a pleasant one.

5  Thank Oluwaseyi
HotelBonVoyage, Owner at Hotel Bon Voyage, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Oluwaseyi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on tripadvisor. I would like to assure you that we value ALL our guests and strive to give the same excellent service to all. I was very concerned about some of your comments and would like to hear from you in person about your experience with us, please contact me via email lanresmith@hotelbonvoyageng.com.

With the program you atteded at Hotel Bon Voyage, unfortunately the organisers did not communicate to you, the delegates, your food and beverage entitlements and this caused your expectations not to be met in this regard.

You also mentioned about the air conditioners going off and coming back on, this as you know is caused by the frequent power outages suffered across Nigeria. I'm sure you will also attest that our back up generators kicked in almost immediately and the temperature was always comfortable.Unfortunately, this also coincided with routine maintenance work being carried out on the water treatment facility designed to ensure water is always clean as safe, hence the very brief interruption in flow.

Please accept our sincere apologies for our failings in meeting your expectation on this occassion and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Bon Voyage.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

AS an acadamic and PR consultant, I am itinerant by nature. Therefore I patronise hotels in the course of my assignments. For me the notion of a hotel being a home away from goes beyond a marketing mantra. At Bon Voyage, the reality of this expression comes to life. The customer exprience, made possible not only by the unique ambience of the hotel, but also by dedicated and motivated workforce who live the very principle that defines the hallmark of hospitality business.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Bisi O
HotelBonVoyage, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Bon Voyage, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Bisi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. The entire staff and management are delighted to have met your expectations on your recent stay with us and we'll continue to maintain and even improve upon the very high standards we set ourselves. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

we have stayed twice on business - both occasions, very good rooms, food, and helpful staff - great home away from home whilst working. Dinners are very good from local food to more international cuisine including the freshly made pasta by the chef.

Room Tip: top secret!
1  Thank Karim A
HotelBonVoyage, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Bon Voyage, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Karim,

Thank you for staying with us on both occassions. We are pleased to have met your expectations and look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Bon Voyage on your net visit to the city.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Bon Voyage on a recent visit to Lagos and was pleasantly surprised. I had moved from some disasterous accommodation after 1 night and the Bon Voyage was very comfortable. The very friendly staff upgraded my room to an ocean view and were helpful and courteous throughout my 3 week stay. The food is good and the location is convenient - right in the middle of Victoria Island close to bars and restaurants. I will definitely stay at HBV if I return to Lagos.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms are very nice - and much bigger.
1  Thank Nicko310
HotelBonVoyage, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Bon Voyage, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Nick,

On behalf of the entire staff and management of Hotel Bon Boyage, we thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave us a review. We noticed that we scored low in some of your assessments and we will continue to work on these areas to maintain the high standard and consistency we benchmark ourselves on. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

My NGO/non-profit organization hosted a 15-person meeting here. The hotel was identified for its quality and positive reviews and selected for the reasonable prices we were quoted and the responsiveness of management during the process. Very comfortable, beautiful hotel on Victoria Island. Clean, comfortable rooms, fully-equipped conference facilities, excellent restaurant with complementary buffet breakfast, buffet lunches and dinners, as well as a la carte entrees. Beautiful ocean-side pool and pool bar (with food service) that are both open late: perfect for relaxing after long days. Excellent hotel for business and some additional relaxation. But even more noticeable was the care and attention that every single staff member places on ensuring their guests' satisfaction. The manager, sales and marketing executive, events coordinator, restaurant manager, wait staff, front desk staff, and hotel staff will all go out of their way to welcome you as a friend and ensure that your needs are met, even during the busiest parts of the day. Very competent staff, making Hotel Bon Voyage a very confident choice for work or pleasure.

1  Thank Tony B

Dear Tony,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such an encouraging review. We were delighted to host your group at Hotel Bon Voyage and it was such a pleasure to serve you. We shared your review with the entire staff of the hotel to let them know that the hard work they put in does get noticed and appreciated by our guests and this really did make them smile.

We look forward to your future visit to Lagos.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed in this hotel on business. It was referred to me by another business associate who previously stayed there. To be honest, this hotel surpassed my expectations as a business traveler. Upon my arrival in Lagos, I was promptly retrieved from the airport even after being delayed well over an hour because my luggage wasn't available on the carousel. When I exited the airport, the hotel representative was standing there front and center. During my stay at the hotel, I was always greeted with the highest level of hospitality. Not one staff member passed by me without greeting me with welcoming words and a warm Nigerian smile. ...and the food was EXCELLENT!!! As a small American business owner I definitely recommend this hotel for business travel to Lagos.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank IffyO773
HotelBonVoyage, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Bon Voyage, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. The entire team at Hotel Bon Voyage are very glad that we contributed in making your stay with us an excellent experience. We are pleased you enjoyed the food and we'll continue to strive to maintain the very high standard we set ourself as we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Lagos.