Westwood Hotel Ikoyi
Agoda.com
$44
$62
TripAdvisor
All reviewscontinental itemsoverlooking the lagoonsmall gyman upgradebusiness hotelswimming pooljestcowrienigerialounge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This functional hotel on the waters edge offers comfortable accomodation, staff who try hard and does provide an adequate place to stay whilst in Lagos.
My gripes include inefficient wi fi offering use of only one device at a time and the need to log in frequently; the rooms are not cleaned well and during my stay I never saw nor heard a vacuum cleaner anywhere and the buffet food , whilst offering adequate variety was not apertising.....
Front office ladies were friendly and efficient but service could be slow as often only one person on the desk.
Restaurant service is erratic , good when you get it but hard to find.......

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
PHIKOYI, General Manager at Westwood Hotel Ikoyi, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Thank you for your response about our Hotel. I noted your areas of concern and will see that we improve. We have added a fiber optic solution to our current radio signal.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I lodged at the hotel..oh my d services was of international standard, the rooms and public area where well kept. The services was excellent and the staff of the hotel were very friendly and professional. I would like to come back again and I every should visit. Whew I didn't feel like leaving. Thanks guys!!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank jane onwuka
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Having known the Protea brand for many years, this was an obvious choice when I was looking for my one night stay over in Lagos. Since it was just a stay over, location was not my main concern. The room met with nearly all my expectations - it was clean and comfortable and provided a good night's rest. Little things like the missing wash basin plug and the flat batteries in the aircon remote could have been checked before my arrival and rectified - I could even have called down to reception to have it attended to, but I was too tired to do so at 11 o'clock at night.

The reception staff was very friendly and helpful and certainly made me feel welcome.

Dinner in the hotel restaurant consisted of tomato and basil soup (I loved it) followed by a beef burger with cheese (disappointingly bland). The waiter service was prompt, but the kitchen staff did not show the same promptness unfortunately - service from the kitchen was very slow - my soup took nearly an hour.

Breakfast this morning was great. Once again prompt and friendly service by the waiters. The lady serving at the food section was a great disappointment however. She was grumpy and unfriendly and took 15 minutes to top up the cold meats and cheese after I asked for it nicely, and when she did this eventually appeared even more grumpy.

All-in-all I have to admit that this was a one night business stay over (maybe I caught some staff on a bad day), and that all the issues are easily fixable with a bit of attention to friendliness and efficient customer service. I hope that management sees it in that light and get all the staff up to the required professional level that is synonymous to the Protea brand.

I have to come past Lagos again on my way back home. Will I stay here again? I am not sure - there are many other choices in the area.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RenaldoRheeder
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The service is not good enough. The staffs try to be polite but one would feel that it would be better to spend more energy on service delivery. The room service was unexpectedly below standard. I do not hope to stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LekanAdams
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Located between army hospital and police headquarters, this hotel is far from anything interesting on the Ikoyi island , has rather poor view of the polluted river or the rundown city quarter opposite.
The rooms are small, badly smelling and troubled with technical issues, such as no hot water in the morning, intolerable smell, and generator noise on the lower floors.
Staff are unsmiling and not forthcoming, trying to make the guests order something billable at every step.
Breakfast is rather repetative but not bad
Gym is the only redeeming feature as it was surprisingly sufficiently outfitted
Absolutely would not recommend,especially at the $350 charged

Room Tip: Ask for the upper floors,less street/generator noise
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business