“Good choice for short-term stay in Lagos”

Four Points by Sheraton Lagos
Ranked #6 of 130 Hotels in Lagos
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Good choice for short-term stay in Lagos”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I spent 4 nights there with work. Many good points: friendly and honest staff, clean large room, comfy king bed, clean bathroom, monitored common areas, great gym/sauna/steam rooms, good food, very good security, wifi ok in the room. On the minus side: at abt. 2 pm on a Monday the check-in was crowded (on both sides of the reception desk!) hence slow, the documents were passing through several hands and the SPG counter was not manned. The reception supervisor was very attentive though, advised me to wait some 15 min on a lobby couch until my room was ready and, upon request, offered a bottle of water. There was some 'welcome' juice on a table near reception desk, but no staff bothered to offered that. The room on the 3rd floor had a balcony overlooking a seemingly car wrecking yard so I didn't bother to return to balcony again. Big minus: from check-in to check-out nobody noticed my SPG membership/status nor did anything about it. I could only assume the management as well as staff had duly completed all mandatory training courses but one; the last course on SPG brand awareness was probably either optional or due to take place later this year. To conclude: good choice and worthwhile to stay there, however - if you are an SPG Gold or Platinum don't expect the pampering that is the norm in other SPG hotels! Maybe next time ;-)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
FourPointsLagos, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Lagos, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Laurentiu I,
We would like to thank you for staying at the Four Points by Sheraton Hotel Lagos and sharing your feedback with us.
Kindly accept our sincere apologies for the negative experiences and note that we always appreciate and hold our SPG members in high esteem. Be rest assured as your concerns has been shared with management and is been addressed.
We would appreciate if you could kindly contact us on info.lag@fourpoints.com to share your total experience in details.
It would be great to welcome you back and make your stay an uncomplicated, memorable one.
Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Lagos is a difficult city to appreciate. It is congested, polluted. Crime ridden. The list goes on. But there are some positives, and this hotel is one. First off, the staff is very friendly. The hotel is clean. The rooms are spacious. The food is good at the restaurants.and they do take security seriously. The Internet wi-if can be hit or miss, but they do try to fix it if its not working. The power goes out repeatedly, but they have back up generators that come on with seconds. The water is sometimes brown and sometimes cold, but that too is usually a very short term concern. Most,of the problems that you might encounter here are based more so on the lack of infrastructure within the country vs. a problem with the property itself.

Room Tip: Floors 6-8 are for SPG preferred members and come with a robe and slippers.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
FourPointsLagos, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Lagos, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Jrmcafee,

Thanks for feedback and concerns; it’s much appreciated by the management.
Our guest’s comfort is very vital to us; I hope to have you stay with us soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights with work. A vast improvement on the mainland hotels which are all a little tired. Functional and clean with rooms well insulated from the Lagos noise. Location great and staff attentive (Lagos is getting much better at service). They've managed to install some of the slowest lifts made making shuffling from conference area to your room painful. Wifi predictably unreliable and the bar area is a little industrial but at least outside. The deck at the Radisson in comparison is a destination! Happy to come back but only on business. Island however = bridge traffic so leave plenty of time to get to the airport.

• Stayed August 2013
FourPointsLagos, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Lagos, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear JimiJangles,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor.
It would be shared with the management team.
We look forward to having you stay with us again. Rest assured that your successive stays would be uncomplicated.

Abuja, Abuja Capital Territory, Nigeria
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with a team from our donors and employers from the US as well as in Nigeria for a few days on a business trip. From reservation to check in things went smoothly....too smooth I was a bit uneasy! The rooms are quiet, the view beautiful and the area itself is safe and secure allowing one to take a walk upto the lagoon or other body of water nearby. Internet works perfectly another business
I fell in love with the snacks they serve, fresh, tasty and succulent pies and freshly made fruit smoothies to accompany such offerings. Though the meals are on the pricey side, the taste and quality compensates for it.

The beds are really good and provide for deep sleep!

I recommend this hotel for any business trip to Lagos Nigeria and also for the discerning traveller who wants to luxuriate in a part of Lagos that is quiet

Room Tip: Look for the top floor rooms as the view is much better.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Auduliman
FourPointsLagos, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Lagos, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Auduliman

Thanks for great recommendations and making us your choice hotel during the business trip with team.
We are glad you enjoyed every bit of your stay and we look forward to having you stay with us soon.

Sedona, Arizona
Reviewed August 12, 2013

It gives me such tremendous pleasure to be able to compose this review!! !! Lisa Yuan, the Spa Director of the Four Points Sheraton on Victoria Island is a devoted, meticulous professional dedicated to the completion of my services which without exception was ultimately one of the greatest spa experiences of my life anywhere in the world !! She is hands down an Impeccable Spa Director. Any Spa, Anywhere in the World is Blessed to have, Lisa, Directing their Spa Facilities and Services.

Turning an unfortunate experience in to a Magnificent Experience is a Rare Quality and she must be commended for this extraordinary feat.

My manicure and pedicure, which were completed by Behtal, were perfect! Behtal cut my toenails beautifully and with no pain or nicks and I do realize how this service is different from what might normally be requested. Long toenails are a beautiful fashion statement; which Nigerian women look fabulous with, in their elegant high heels, unfortunately, this does not work for me.

I am beyond thrilled with my manicure and pedicure as facilitated by, Lisa, and completed by Behtal.

Ladies, My Eyebrows are Beautiful. Behtal did an outstanding job; and again no pain and she like the manicure/pedicure was an absolute professional in her scrupulous attention to the details of my eyebrow, upper lip and chin waxing with particular attention to my joy and satisfaction.

As we all know, staff are a direct mirror of management and Lisa, must pat herself on the back for assembling a fine staff and outstanding services.

The deep cleansing facial I had with Behtal was so relaxing she had to assist me getting off the table. So, in closing, and I do have goose bumps as I compose this...THANK YOU, Lisa for EVERYTHING...You turned a situation around which was Unsatisfactory & Unfortunate into an Outstanding Experience and a Long Term Joy; a necessary part of taking care of myself and presentation which in your spa I will ALWAYS look forward to. Please also share this Thank You, with lovely, beyond professional Behtal...She, Lisa, is an artist!!

The facilities are elegant, calming and extraordinary: the wet and dry sauna’s were spotlessly clean…and a treated water system in an unfamiliar country is a slice of heaven and necessary when having a manicure and pedicure. The massage chairs are first rate.

Anyone visiting or living in Lagos must contact Lisa…

All the staff I encountered from security, to the restaurants, to the Spa were not only highly professional incredibly, genuinely friendly…in a new, emerging, beyond exhilarating city…the Four Points Sheraton stands out as a haven of familiarity.

Thank YOU ALL!!

Room Tip: If you arrive early, do sit by the pool: it's not huge yet it's lovely...also, via room ser...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
FourPointsLagos, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Lagos, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear S j,

Thanks for your great review of the hotel, its services and associates especially the spa. At the Four Points by Sheraton Lagos, we ensure our guests feel home away from home by providing comfortable, honest and uncomplicated service always.
We are glad you had magnificent encounters at all the touch points.
Your commendation of the Spa Director ‘Lisa’ and her staff especially Paulyn are highly appreciated and be rest assured that they would be awarded by the management for their outstanding service.
We look forward to wowing your once again during your next visit.

Kind regards

Your Friends
Lagos
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

My sisters and I booked this hotel for a 2-day reunion. We wanted a hotel with a spa within reach of Victoria Island (and the many restaurants there) and a movie theatre, in line with our planned activities for the reunion. The room and the spa were reserved well in advance.

The first surprise was arriving at 4:30pm to be informed that our room wasn't ready, even with the relatively late check-in time of 3pm. The front desk staff however agreed to delay our check out the following day to make up for this. As we were booked for the spa, we handed over our luggage and headed for the spa. Whatever you do, if you find yourself in Lagos, make sure you visit this spa. The ambience from the minute you step in is surreal. It's like you've left Lagos. We were a bit uncomfortable with the spa staff hanging about while we got out of our clothes (privacy, ladies!!!) but other than that, we had a wonderful time. Easily the best massage I've had. The price was very good value for money, too. The experience was almost spoiled by the lady at the desk who mishandled the billing and payment, culminating in her calling our room to ask that I come down to the front desk to pay for the spa service as the safety deposit made when we checked in would be insufficient to cover the bill! I have NEVER been required to pay for a room or room service or any service before check out! I told her off and when we went downstairs to dinner, we again attempted to pay at the front desk only to be informed that the spa officer didn't send the bill to the main reception, said she couldn't come down to the reception and that we should come back to the spa to make payment. To her credit, the front desk staff apologized and asked us to enjoy our stay and pay at the point of check out.

The room was well laid out with a great view of the Oniru area and the Palms. The scenic lift also gives a great view of Victoria Island and the bar on the roof deck. The bed was comfy. I was however surprised to notice what looked like grime between the bathroom tiles and on the floor of the bath tub. The bathroom tiles appear not to have been scrubbed after the last few guests. The TV still had the name of the last guest on the menu and most surprising of all, the 'leather' seat was peeling at the seat and headrest, like it wasn't really leather. My sisters and I argued over the rating of the hotel after this. We were given a 10% discount for the fiasco with the spa bill, though.

On the whole, it was 'okay'. If you're here on business, it'll probably work. But we were here for pleasure and there were too many 'unpleasurable' talking points for us. A little more attention to detail is required, please.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sweetweet,

Thank for you staying at the Four Points by Sheraton Lagos during your 2-day reunion with your sisters.
We apologize for the snag experienced with payment as well as all other service and facility irregularities encountered.
Your feedback is appreciated by the management. As delivery of high standard service to our guests is of utmost importance to us, be rest assured that the concerned associates have been addressed and all cases looked into.

It would be our delight to have you and your sisters visit again for a longer reunion and make your stay memorable and pleasurable.

Bangalore, India
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Spent 4 days at this property and found the staff very helpful. Overall ambience is good, the rooms are clean, amenities well maintained. From the lobby staff to the hospitality staff everyone is pleasant.

The entrance lobby is slightly congested and parking somewhat disorganized.
Restaurant quality and conference food however can seriously be upgraded to a Four Points standard.

Good location, overall I would recommend this property (at the current time).

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kamesh_E
Dear Kamesh_E,

Thank you for making the Four Points by Sheraton Lagos your preferred choice of hotel when in Nigeria.
Your valuable comments have been communicated to the management and looked into, as it is our standard to always maintain high level service .
Please rest assured of a flawless and high value experience during your next visit to our hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon for a longer stay.