“Wonderful Room. Dirty Restaurant.”

Four Points by Sheraton Lagos
Ranked #6 of 135 Hotels in Lagos
Reviewed April 7, 2011

Wonderful large room, nicely furnished. Fast internet connection. Large bath. On site restaurant is lacking. I found it full of dirty tables and was even seated at a table with dirty linens and so I moved after being seated once I found a table with a clean enough table linen. The buffet served is not well maintained. I will not go back to the restaurant, however, I will stay at the hotel again because of the wonderful room. Bell service is lacking. I had to go back down and get my own luggage at check in because they were not prompt in getting it up to my room. Good security everywhere. As mentioned in other reviews, the power in the hotel does go on and off occasionally.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank stevewilhite

Reviewed March 19, 2011

I stayed at this hotel early march and I have to say that my visit from the beginning to end was not pleasant. I have stayed at many sheraton hotels and I had hoped that the standard would be the same regardless of the country......well, I was wrong.
First, the sales associate I spoke to before my arrival never reserved my room, so after 19 hours of flying I arrived at the hotel with no reservation. It took about 45 mins to an hour to finally have a reservation and to get checked in.
On a positive note, I have to say that their housekeeping is amazing- the room was always up to par every night (Although, I would suggest leaving more than 2 bath towels in the room).
I came back to the hotel for my last 3 nights (hoping that my experience could be different). Once again, my reservation was never made and I had to wait around for an hour to get things squared away. We finally got to the room, only to realize that it was an adjoining room with a shower (normally, one gets notified at the front desk about this before check in). I asked for a room change and was put in a room without AC......at this point, I was just over the whole dilemma that I decided not to complain. Moreover, during the room change- my husband forgot a bottle of wine in one of the rooms and it got taken away (we could not find the wine).
I probably won't stay at this hotel on my next visit....... I am very excited about the Radisson that would be opening next month.
I would suggest that the front desk agents and sale associates understand that a happy guest could mean a 100 more happier guests. I was planning on having my wedding at the hotel but I will no longer be considering that option. The second half of my stay warranted a free upgrade (after an hour of waiting to get checked in because the sales associate dropped the ball, room changes, AC not working and a lost bottle of wine) but it just really seemed like the hotel had their "regulars" and didn't really care about the "newbies" like my husband and I. If you decide to stay at this hotel......my advice: Don't expect any special treatment even if you're spending about $300/night!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank NaomiOmotola
StarwoodNigeria, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Lagos, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2011

Hi Naomi Omotola,

Firstly, I'd like to thank you for staying at the Four Points by Sheraton Hotel Lagos on your visit in March. I personally apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. Your feedback is much appreciated and will be shared with the departments you highlighted to improve the service we provide to all our guests. I look forward to having you and your husband stay with us again sometime soon.

Warm regards,
Mary Williams
Digital Marketing Manager

Reviewed March 11, 2011

I usually stay at the Southern Sun on Ikoyi when I'm in Lagos, but its safe to say that the bar just got raised with the arrival of Four Points.

Yeah, its got some teething problems, but none that won't be sorted out as the year progresses. Everyone's there to help, the room's are spacious, beds comfy, food nice and they've got a great pool. Plus everything works when the power's on (apart from my safe!).

You really can't go wrong and I recommend it to all. My Southern Sun days are over.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Harbut
Reviewed March 10, 2011

Having stayed at the Four Point Sheraton Lagos before and fell in love with it, I decided to bring my wife along to experience the Hotel as a treat on our Wedding anniversary. She has since not stopped talking about the hotel and how she would love to go back there. So, I now have to take herand out two kids back to the hotel for the Easter holidays.

She liked the room decor, the lobby ambiance and the excellent service. The staff were very friendly. During diner at the restaurant, she noted that the feel was very personal and would love to revisit. Unfortunately, we did not have breakfast because our flight out was at 8AM and we had to leave the hotel at 6:30 to catch the flight in Ikeja. She is really looking forward to revisiting the hotel and this time, staying a bit longer to better enjoy it. I will have to make it happen, especailly given that she is such a skeptic about hotels. That she likes the Four Point has increased my credit rating as far as she is concerned so I am glad. Thaks to Four Point Sheraton.

Hi Iyems,

Thank you for staying with us during your anniversary. I'm glad you had a great time and we hope to see you and your family back at the hotel during the Easter Holidays as we will be creating a dedicated kids corner which I'm sure they'll enjoy!!

Warm regards,

Mary Williams
Digital Marketing Manager

Reviewed March 9, 2011

Hotels are very expensive at Lagos and as of now the choice is very limited if you are looking at 4/5 Star accommodation. There's the Southern Sun Ikoyi (earlier known as Sofitel Moorhouse Ikoyi) in Ikoyi/Victoria Island Area and the other Sheraton near the Airport. And that's it. Two other hotels are coming up... The Oriental is almost opposite this Four Points and expected to open shortly and ditto for the Radisson Blue in Victoria Island. Given that limited choice, I would rate the Four Points as the second best 4/5 Star accommodation at Lagos after the Southern Sun Ikoyi.

Service is very friendly and sincere but slow. Actually it is a little more complicated than that. Room Service and Housekeeping is prompt and efficient. Front desk is friendly and helpful but slow. Service at the bars and restaurants depends on the crowd. very prompt during lean hours but slow during evening peak hours.

Rooms and facilities are clean, well maintained but somewhat spartan. Nothing plush about this hotel.

Choice of bars and restaurants are good but expensive. The breakfast buffet at the Brazzerie is Naira 4000 plus taxes (about USD 35) has a wide choice including all the standard breakfast stuff plus all the standard Nigerian cuisine items (see picture). But the spread and items doesn't ever change. Got quite bored during my 6 nights' stay. Dinner buffets range from Naira 5000 to Naira 7000 (about USD 42 - 50) depending on whether its a weekday or weekend and the spread is good but rather bland. The Adrenaline Bar buzzes late in the evenings...both with residents and locals. Very trendy!

Internet connection is fast, stable and free if you connect by landline from the rooms. Wireless Internet is available in the public places on the ground floor...ask at the front desk for the password to logon. Its free.

The Gym, Spa and Pool is good by any standard. Probably amongst the best in Lagos.

Although I have personally not faced any security issues at Lagos you are constantly reminded to be cautious. In that sense, the area around the hotel does not inspire one to go out for a walk. I saw many residents walking around the car park! From this perspective the Southern Sun Ikoyi is much better located.

As for room prices.... Book at Sheraton's website www.starwoodhotels.com and you would get the best deal. Rack rate for a standard room is USD 400 but most often you can get a room for USD 280 odd if you book a couple of days in advance on the website.

Overall...I would go back to the Four Points again. Infact going there tomorrow again!

2  Thank ArupGhosh
Reviewed March 8, 2011

Visiting from London I stayed at the recently opened 4 Points By Sheraton, Lagos in February & I was impressed by the restaurants, and the range of bars on site.

The level of cleanliness was of a high standard & the service was pretty impeccable throughout the hotel.

The hotel has definitely hit the ground running & its set a new standard in the arena of hospitality in Nigeria.

It will remain my hotel of choice for future visits & I look forward to returning in the near future.

• Stayed: February 2011
2  Thank AdeAO
Reviewed February 15, 2011

Everyone has their opinion so this is mine: Good for leisure, bad for business travellers.
Tried them as I saw the reviews and heard they recently opened. Service is generally not good my opinion and experience and I've stayed everywhere in Lagos except for the Federal Palace. Most things seem an effort for staff and dont go the extra mile. (feels like they dont want to be there???) Food is boring and bland. My biggest bugbear about this hotel is that EVERYTHING is slow! Found it amusing that the business centre doesnt print or bind documents, but has two laptops to check email....whoohoo. The major plus is the gym, spa and pool - hence the leisure comment. Location is not great except if you want to meet with Diamond Bank or Mobil. Traffic is manic around the hotel - which is not your friend when you want to get around Lagos. Sorry, its back to the Southern Sun Ikoyi for me.