“Good food but Bad Service”
Review of Bangkok Restaurant - CLOSED

Bangkok Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2014

My friends and I were in the mood to feast, so about 10-12 of us decided to grab dinner here. Well everything seemed to be going well until we noticed the manager and waiters started hinting at us to leave. First of, we were told that they closed at 11pm, so we figured that getting more drinks at around 10pm would not be a problem. Once we got our last batch of drinks and paid for our grubs, they started with packing up all the chairs around us, including the one unused chair at our table at around 10:15. Then they came by and cleared all our cups...mind you, a few of us were still drinking. Then they started turning the lights off. It was quite a laugh, but still a slap in the face. At this point, we chugged our drinks and ran out before they turned the last light off! As for the food, we ate every non vegetarian pad thai version they had to offer, and we loved it. I ordered a bowl of tom yum soup and a singapore noodles with a glass of long island and a bottle of water. The tom yum soup I had in thailand was a bit more orange in color, whereas this was more of a clear broth. Asides from the difference in color, the flavor profile was quite a delight. By the time my singapore noodles came out, I was already full from trying out every other person's food. This is a good spot to get some tasty grub with friends, just make sure to get there early in order to avoid a kick out by the staff. The bill came up to about N5000/person...which was not bad considering the fact that a number of us got several dishes + drinks.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Had an excellent time. good ambience very friendly staff. Very good food. Good choice for vegetarian people also.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I visited this restuarant and promptly greeted and accomodated by 2 Ladies who are very friendly and in my opinion they runs the resturant(i am not sure). the varities are plenty and every one both veg and nonveg have lot of options. I ordered the Papaya and mango salad which was extra spicy and suited my palate very well followed by the soup which was very refreshing and aromatic. The speciality of this place is spring rolls with mayonise and shrimps which was unique and had great taste. The food is excellent and they maintain the standards.

Overall a good place,for good thai food and affordable.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

First time in a Thai restaurant. Had a great time. Food was really nice. Atmosphere was friendly. Food was affordable too.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We eat Thai everywhere we go (Thai in Morocco is an interesting experience) and Bangkok is as good or better than most we have had (including some places in Thailand itself). Their salads - mango or papaya, are exceptional (but on the hot side). They offer most of your usual Thai standards well executed.