“Great place”

La Playa Suites
Ranked #33 of 442 Lagos B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 20, 2013

MOYOSORE OLANREWAJU
Hotel situated on VI, good security
and friendly staff, nice small pool
but the rooms are far not to the
standard you expect for the price
charged. Bathroom very old and
need update! Another issue was
that the price for the room we had
confirmed from London suddenly
changed after a few days and also
the price for their taxi went up
within a few days after we arrived
with absolutely no notice. We
didn't appreciate that the deal we
had not being honoured and
ended up moving to another
hotel. We thought this wasn't very
professional. Sadly in Nigeria
everything goes up as soon as
they see people from Europe.
“ Great hotel”

• Stayed: November 2012

Reviewed September 27, 2013

La Playa was my first home in Lagos. Our family was waiting for our house to be completed, so we stayed in the hotel for one week. The staff made us feel welcome and always helped with anything we needed. I don't think I ever had to open the front doors myself! Our daughter loved seeing the staff and giving everyone a high five. Our room was always cleaned to the highest standards. They made us feel at home. Wonderful hotel and staff, can't wait to visit them again! Oh yea, the food was very yummy with 24 hour service.

Room Tip: Thursday night is ladies night so it can get a little loud
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was slightly apprehensive on my first visit to Lagos, but all my fears melted away after walking into La Playa suites. Not only are the staff friendly and helpful, the management go out of their way to make you feel at home. As many previous reviewers have stated it is a home away from home. The owners are great and make you feel relaxed and tell you everything you need to know, and you get to meet the other guests as well.

The bar/restaurant has everything you need, good conversation, cold beer and a good range of spirits. The food is also good.not haute cuisine, but good home cooked food. More importantly, its very well prepared - Not once did I get a dodgy stomach, which is common in other hotels.

Great place to watch sports and the TVs are hooked up to a UPS so when the power goes off you won't miss any action. The hotel has a generator which kicks in almost immediately so no worries there anyway.

One of the small things I look at when I stay in a hotel is the coffee they serve. In many 5 star hotels I have stayed in, the coffee has been dreadful. Not at La Playa - great fresh coffee served in your own cafetiere.

Room service is prompt, as is the laundry service.

Really a very enjoyable place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I visit Lagos on a monthly basis and always stay at the LaPlaya in VI. The staff are first class and there is nothing to much trouble for them. They put the guests needs first and always deliver a service with a smile. The kitchen is excellent and the 24 hour room service is second to none. I always look forward to arrving at the La Playa as I know I'm going to receive a warm welcome and a good clean and safe stay there. The fact that they have so many Ex Pat clients speaks volumes for the quality of service. The Night staff are always available and on hand for any needs that the guests require. All in All, a very friendly and warm place to lodge for business or pleasure visits to Lagos. Look forward to my next stay..

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms are quieter due to the car parking area.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 22, 2012

All my years of travelling and this is the. Very first place I really feel at home in ,its a home away from home with good security systems .the food is the best I have had In any hotel.I can say I got more than a three star treatment I could call it a five star hotel .
The environment is friendly am waiting for a chance to be there again,and I really recomend it for my friends when they are on transit.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed May 27, 2011

My wife and I spent 7 nights in La Playa Hotel. Nearly everything was excellent. Five star service from top to bottom. The rooms were very clean and comfortable; the kitchen was perhaps too excellent; the laundry was great and the staff did everything they could to make our stay enjoyable. The restaurant/bar is friendly and provides an environment that encourages people to mix. The owners, Ralph and Gina, were fantastic hosts. By the time we left, we felt like we were old friends. Unlike some hotels in Nigeria, the owners are willing to invest to improve: A new flat screen television appeared halfway through our stay. The hotel offered both free wireless and two internet terminals. First-rate all the way. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank echandobuena
Reviewed March 19, 2011

I was recomended this hotel by mates who visit from PH, and stay at La Playa as first choice, when in Lagos.
Owned by a Brit and evrything has been done to ensure you have a pleasant stay the minute you drive through the main gates. The hotel is not one of these huge impersonal complexes, but a nice size if you prefer the more personal service and environment.
Good location for all the IOCs and finance district.
4x4 or Car/driver available from the hotel - all with good driving skills and safety awareness.
Checkin/Reception:
Really efficient and staff genuinely pleased to welcome you into the hotel. Always helpful and can't do enough for you.
Bar/Restaurant
A huge menu available 24 hours a day.
Coffee is served in large cafetiers so endless high quality coffee is great for coffee lovers like me.
Meals were all excellent and faultless, but one type of dish is singles out for mention - the shrimps - grilled, fried any type - they were like sea monsters. Closer to small lobsters than shrimp or crayfish. Probably the best shrimp dishes I have ever experienced.
Rooms
Huge suites. Massive bed and very comfortable. 2 x airconditioning units 2 x TVs (1 x large flat screen).
Mini bar with usual drinks and snacks
Breakfast or entertainment bar area.
Dinning tabel and chairs
Corner shaped sofas and seating area.
Large bathroom and powerful power shower.
OTHER
Lots of security staff always on duty.
Hotel has its own generator/s so when grid power outages occur, hotel genny's kickin within seconds.
Small but nice swimming pool and BBQs held every weekend.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business