“Great hotel”

Radisson Blu Anchorage Hotel, Lagos
Ranked #5 of 135 Hotels in Lagos
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I always stay here when I'm in town on business - it's a lovely hotel.

Staff are polite and courteous (apart from the front desk staff who are very curt and dismissive at times), and the rooms on the 3rd floor overlooking the Lagoon are superb.

Security is good, and I always feel safe.

My only gripe is with the choice of food on the menu - where are the local dishes? Chips, burgers, sandwiches and chicken wings I can get anywhere, so more local fare is needed, and imagination! That said, the buffet breakfast is fantastic, and saves the day.

I love the pool, and it has to be seen and experienced. It almost looks as if it continues into the lagoon when you're lounging on the sun beds! Brilliant design.

Will certainly stay again on my next trip to Lagos.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
GM_LOSZA, General Manager at Radisson Blu Anchorage Hotel, Lagos, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Dear Kifkroker,

Thank you very much for your very positive review. I am very pleased to know that we were able to more than match your expectations and that you enjoy our Hotel, I will pass your warm words to the entire team.

Please note that the Surface Grill & Bar and the Voyage restaurant has big selection of Local food on the menu and buffet.

Thank you again and hope to welcome you back soon to the Radisson Blu Anchorage Hotel Lagos.
Warm regards

Reviewed April 15, 2014

only one night stay but one of the most comfortable hotels I have stayed in for ages/
staff could not do enough for our party .
meeting room well set out and all requests see too
Menu was great choice and quality 2nd to none ...

Room Tip: my room was over front of hotel and a little busy
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
GM_LOSZA, General Manager at Radisson Blu Anchorage Hotel, Lagos, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2014

Dear Mr. Colin,
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and your positive feedback.
On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu Anchorage Hotel we would like to thank
you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Lagos!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Stayed at the Radisson Blu for 3 nights in March as part of a business trip to Lagos. This hotel is one of the US embassy recommended properties and there were obvious governmental and other VIP guests in the hotel during my short stay there. I had a pleasant stay and thought the rooms, the common areas, restaurant and food were all fine. However we did have significant issues with wireless internet at one point which makes it a little difficult to do your job when you rely on 100% up-time. I also wanted to mention that the checkout process left a definitely bad impression with me. As their wireless was out for a significant amount of time, they sent up a LAN cable to my room to see if a hard-wire connection would help (it didn't). At check out they asked if I had the cable with me and I said no, it was left on the desk in the room. They told me if I didn't go get it and present it to them, it would cost me $10. Really? So rather than send someone up to get it, they made me go all the way back up to my room to retrieve it. Radisson Blu Management: If you want to be seen as a 5 star property, treat your guests as if they were guests in your own home. I'm giving this place 4 stars because of that service flaw, but other than that, it's not a bad option for Lagos.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
GM_LOSZA, General Manager at Radisson Blu Anchorage Hotel, Lagos, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear Viva,

We thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Anchorage Hotel as your preferred hotel in Lagos.

We are really sorry to know that we didn’t come up to your expectation during your last visit. Please note that our IT Department are working on the Wireless issue and we will try to resolve It as soon as possible. I wish to apologize for the cable issue you experienced.

We look forward to welcome you at Radisson Blu Anchorage hotel. We ensure a crisp and refined service on your next visit.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I must say that this hotel and its staff have upped their game over the last year.

Staff attentive and professional, location great, food delicious. It is clean, feels safe and friendly and if the band would play less commercial music it would be absolutely perfect!

Room Tip: High up, facing lagoon
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
GM_LOSZA, General Manager at Radisson Blu Anchorage Hotel, Lagos, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear Sir/Madam

We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience with us as the Radisson Blu Anchorage Hotel.

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I recently stayed at the Radisson Blu Anchorage Hotel in Lagos for business for a couple of weeks.
The Pros:
The hotel itself, including the location, decor, views, cleanliness and atmosphere are really nice. The gym is also nice and well-equipped. The pool, even though I didn't use it, was nice. As for the concierge, Douglas and Yusuf really stood apart and made my stay very pleasant, as they were helpful and accommodating! A couple of the View Bar staff were very nice as well (I don't remember their names, though).

The Cons:
First, the receptionists need to be trained on proper customer service! They didn't return phone calls when they said "I'll call you right back", and I felt that I was bothering them. Check-in and check-out also took longer than expected. Secondly, the food as compared to the price was ok, a little overpriced, especially the buffets. At times I preferred eating "outside" than at the hotel because the food was better.

I really wanted to give this a 5-Star, because of the Pros mentioned above and the fact that overall I enjoyed my stay and would probably stay here again. I just think that a hotel of this caliber could/should invest in customer service training programs for the receptionists. It would would go a long ways in improving their level of response to customers.

1  Thank EOP007

Dear Sir/Madame

We are really sorry to know that we didn’t come up to your expectation during your last visit. Please note that we have looked in to the reception issues experienced by you and we assure you that this will not happen again.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

The hotel is located in a nice environment within the Victorial Island with ease of commuting to other part of the island. WIth other hotels around, Radisson blu stand tall. The staffs are excellent and corteous in services couple with the cleaness and serene environment

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Muyideen,

I can't thank you enough for your fantastic review! We are thrilled that you loved the hotel and the staff was up to standard.

We look forward to seeing you soon! All the best.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Wanted to try the Radisson in another country, nicely surprised, hôtel has got nice rooms with bath and shower place, free wifi, swimming pool, fitness, the restaurant is quite diversified and good, they have a la carte menu or a buffet. I tried the buffet, there was a lot of choices between continental and local food. The Best way to try another cuisine which I did, the buffet change, first day I was not very attempted and eat from the menu card, got the famous Nigerian snails, worth trying it and some seafood linguine, but the second day was quite good. There is also an outdoor restaurant if you like to enjoy the view. So I would recommended this hôtel.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
GM_LOSZA, General Manager at Radisson Blu Anchorage Hotel, Lagos, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for your valuable time to comments on our product and services. Yours valuable comments help us to understand the level of service and product from voice of customer.