Radisson Blu Anchorage Hotel, Lagos
Hotels.com
$116
$102
Orbitz.com
All reviewslagoon viewlagoon barvictoria islandearly checklive bandother hotelsbusiness tripvery nice hotelbreakfast buffet isswimming poolenjoyed my stayhome away from homechimavoyagenigeriagymsecurity
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I came to the hotel on business, having read the positive reviews on TripAdvisor. Our experience was the exact opposite of those highlighted here.

My colleague and I arrived for check-in at around 10.30 am and needed to quickly change into our work clothes for a meeting. We were told by a quite abrasive lady at the reception named Julie that in order to use the room for those 5 minutes, we would have to pay half the room rate, as official check-in was at 2pm! I pleaded with the lady to at least offer me another viable alternative in which to change clothes, but she kept repeating that I either had to pay those rates, or wait until 2pm. She proceeded to lecture us about how it was obvious that no hotel in the world would allow us to check in 'early' without charging us, citing her stay in a 'Dubai hotel'. After about 10 minutes, she eventually sent me with my bag to the opposite side of the hotel to change at the gym.

I returned after changing my clothes and lugging my heavy suitcase across the hotel and asked for the Internet password to check my emails. Julie told me that I would have to pay 2500 Naira for an hour's access, in spite of having booked a room for that day (Internet is complementary for guests). I eventually realised that it was worthless trying to reason with the lady and asked to speak to the manager, who gave me and my colleague a free password that could apparently work for both of us. That was not to be, as the password provided only allowed one person to log on.

We returned after having meetings all day, and were asked to pay for our rooms upfront (fair enough). On payment, the receptionist refused to give my change, saying that I would have to wait until I checked out. I was basically treated like I was planning to steal what was... My money. Frustrated at my treatment throughout the day at this hotel, I argued with the receptionist to return my change, but eventually left, realising that the customer's requests were not important to the hotel.

All of this happened BEFORE I had even stepped into my room!

Radisson really need to decide whether their customer's satisfaction or money is their focus. I am extremely disturbed by the attitude adopted by the staff at the hotel, and the fact that there is no visible and effective management to control such behaviour. Shame on you Radisson! I can safely say that I will not be returning!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank T O
GM_LOSZA, Manager at Radisson Blu Anchorage Hotel, Lagos, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear Mr. / Mrs.

We thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Anchorage Hotel as your preferred hotel in Lagos.

We are really sorry to know that we didn’t come up to your expectation during your last visit. Please note that management is investigation on the issues experienced by you and we will try to resolve them as soon as possible.

We look forward to welcome you at Radisson Blu Anchorage hotel. We ensure a crisp and refined service on your next visit.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

A very nice brand new hotel close to the river on Victoria island !
Very acceptable price for Lagos and nice service .
The only bad thing is quality of food in global and poor breakfast
I will come back next time for sure

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Xavier R

Dear Mr. / Mrs.

We would like to thank you for your valuable time to comments on our product and services. Yours valuable comments help us to understand the level of service and product from voice of customer.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I used to live in Lagos the last few years and radisson blu, was my regular stop over on weekends, the outside bar and inside bar was excellent. the food was one of its best in Lagos... the ambiance excellent.. would highly recommend this place to everyone..

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank paulchakola
GM_LOSZA, General Manager at Radisson Blu Anchorage Hotel, Lagos, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Reviewed December 22, 2012

I have stayed here a few times now and highly recommend it. You can pay the same price in Lagos and get something that is not as nice.

It is a business hotel, keeps power even during the rolling blackouts, decent internet, good hotels and a nice deck looking over the river to have a beer after work.

Room Tip: Try and get a room that over looks the river. It is one of the only peaceful and nice views in Lagos.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Rand0m_Th0ughts

Reviewed December 21, 2012

As many have noted, there are no great hotels in Lagos, but the Radisson Blu is decent. Close to many of Lagos' business destinations. Modern and up up to date, it doesn't have the level of services one might expect from a first class hotel, but most of the necessities are there (but no gift shop, spa, gym, etc) and the staff are OK. Not a rave review, perhaps, except when compared to the rest of the hotels in Lagos.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Hoteller123

Dear Mr./Mrs,

Thank you very much for your very positive review, I am very pleased to know that you enjoy our Hotel, I will pass your warm words to the entire team.