“GREAT IMPROVEMENT”

Ranked #34 of 130 Hotels in Lagos
London, United Kingdom
“GREAT IMPROVEMENT”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

When we visited Citilodge in 2013 it was just average and still trying to get its act together but this last trip to the hotel has been an eye opener. I am going to be encouraging people from the UK to patronise the hotel because of the great improvements I noticed when we visited again for 3 weeks in January. The customer service is Excellent, the bed sheets very clean and white and the environment very neat. The rooms are of good good sizes. The location is perfect for movement around the island and even to the mainland and staff generally VERY friendly and CARING. I recommend this hotel to a Business traveller and to holiday makers. Bimbo Folayan (Chairman, Central Association of Nigerians in the UK)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank abimbola70
Isdore M, Manager at Citilodge Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Dear abimbola70

I would like to thank you very much for taking time to review your recent stay in our hotel.

Indeed the team and myself, we are humbled to learn that you enjoyed your stay. It was our pleasure to have you with us and to be of good service to you. We thank you for your very positive comments as they assist us in keeping on improving in providing only the best of product and services to valued guests like you.

We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in Nigeria.

Isdore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Oxford
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Warm friendly welcome when you first arrive and that stays throughout your stay. All the staff including reception, house keeping and security care about you and your stay and offer a really friendly service. The hotel is very clean and well equipped. The food is excellent and offers a real taste of Nigeria. The pool is clean and wonderful to swim in and relax. The hotel is in a safe area of Lagos and is an ideal base to explore the city. Taxis are very helpful and a good price can be fixed before you start you day exploring. Hotel cope's well with the power cuts and happy to resolve any issue to make your stay memorable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Richard S
Isdore M, Manager at Citilodge Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Richard S

We would like to thank you so much for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay at CITILODGE Hotel.

Indeed the whole team and I are greatful to your very positive comments which are invaluable in helping us to maintain and more importantly improve our offering to all our valued guests.

We are glad that our products and services met your expectations and made your stay as comfortable as possible.

We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Lagos and be assured of our attention at all times.

Accra, Ghana
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Lagos is quite a stressful place to be especially when you have meetings and you get stuck in unpredictable traffic, after a day like this the best if not the ONLY thing you need is a stress-free, quite, friendly environment, I highly recommend CitiLodge Hotel, if you know what I mean.
Neat rooms, respectful, caring and friendly staff and to top it all very moderate costs considering their location.
Once I am in Lagos again, CitiLodge is my 1st choice, cheers to them.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank King D
Isdore M, Manager at Citilodge Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear King D

We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in Nigeria.

Sincerely

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I thought the room was quite nice with TV and fridge. Fairly clean and good house keeping. The bad side was the electricity kept going off (around 50-60 times during the 8 days I was there). that needs to be sorted and other bad thing was church with band directly above our room bashing out drums late at night and early morning. Air conditioning good and staff and security also good but no access by road so have to walk into hotel from road.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alana124
Isdore M, Manager at Citilodge Hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear alana 124

I would like to sincerely thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at our Hotel. It was encouraging to note your compliments on the quality of our rooms, level of cleanliness, quality of the air-conditioning as well as the professionalism and hospitality you received from our staff during your stay. The team and I take great pride and encouragement for such positive comments and we thank you.

We also noted your comments on the issue of accessibility to the hotel during your stay, kindly be assured that this was because or the new road construction that was taking place at that time. Kindly note that this has been finished and the hotel now has direct access to the main road as the road has been opened. The hotel looked on the power cuts and that is the reason why power is always restored immediately there is a power outage.

We take pride in continuous improvement and we will strive further to excel in providing only the highest standards of product and service to valued guest like you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and be assured of our attention at all times.

Bremen, Germany
Reviewed May 14, 2013

An honest review should make note of the negatives as well as the positives: so the rooms really aren't charming, and the menu is rather short. Naturally it's not comparable to the fancy places that cost three times as much. On the other hand I found the staff to be extremely welcoming, friendly, and helpful, and the food I had from the menu was proper Nigerian made and simply delicious. Every room I saw was clean, and there was no messing with the bills as you get it in other places. If you can offer reasonable rates for drivers you recommend and continue delivering good reliable service with a smile I'm sure many guests will be loving Citilodge. I enjoyed it and was very positively surprised - thanks.

Room Tip: Don't take No. 216 if you can avoid as the view isn't nice: it's just another wall :-) W...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank G A
Isdore M, Manager at Citilodge Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear G A

I would like to express our sincere gratitude to you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay at CITILODGE Hotel. The team and I were delighted to have you as our guest.

We are encouraged to hear that your experience with us was hospitable and you really enjoyed the sumptuous meals our restaurant serve. We also acknowledge with delight your comment on the cleanliness of the hotel, and the team and I again will strive further to ensure that only the highest standard is maintained for you and all our valued guests.

We took positive note of your comment on the size of the menu, and I m glad to inform you that the hotel management just finalised on an additional new more elaborate menu with more varieties and it will be in place in the next few days as our printers are almost done with the work. The next time you will stay with us you are guaranteed to a huge menu to make a choice from.

We look forward to welcoming you back at CITILODGE Hotel for another great and hospitable experience and be assured of our attention at all times.

Isdore. Mujati
Genaral Manager
Lagos
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I have been part of citilodge family for the past 8 months as a guest. I am working in Lagos as a consultant and I must say this is a very homely place. Staff try by all means to make you get premium service against all odds. Despite power problems in Nigeria, citilodge has generators and invetors that run for the whole day! They have just finished renovating the front office, restaurant, pool side etc. I couldn't see the reason why they were doing it because the place was still stupendous! Nevertheless after I personally had a chat with the chairman, I noticed that it was a matter of principle and class to uphold the standards always. Long live citilodge!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the car park
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Isdore M, Manager at Citilodge Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Calisto Z

We would like to express our sincere gratitude to you for taking time to review your experience so far on your long stay at our hotel.

Indeed the team and I are encouraged by your very positive comments and more so that you have found comfort among the Citilodge family as it has become your second home.

We take pride in continuous improvement and we will strive further to excel in providing only the highest standards of product and service to valued Guests like yourself.

We look forward to ensuring that the rest of your stay at CITILODGE Hotel will have more great experiences and memories, please be assured of our attention at all times as usual.

Isdore Mujati
Genaral Manager
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I couldn't quite match up the reality of this hotel with the sparkling reviews of Trip Advisor. A shabby establishment with poorly renovated rooms and all the ambience of a prison. The location was the only redeeming feature.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Matthew W
Isdore M, Manager at Citilodge Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear Matthew W

Thank you so much for your comments on our hotel. Obviously there is a disconnect somehow. Only last week we have been receiving very good and positive comments from many first time guests to the hotel like we have had previously. Unfortunately you did not particularise the observed short comings which would have helped us to make amends, if necessary. All the same, we recognise that we serve diverse clients with diverse interests.

Our promise to you is that we are a listening organisation and we have immediately commissioned an independent person to reassess our facilities and quality of service. You stayed in November 2012 when we had just embarked on our year end renovations, we are proud to mention that we have now finally completed this comprehensive work.

We thank you.

Isdore
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lagos
African Garden Lodge
#4 of 16 in Lekki
The Avenue Suites
The Avenue Suites
#20 of 130 in Lagos

Been to Citilodge Hotel? Share your experiences!