Welcome Centre Hotels
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsinternational airportclose to the airporttraffic situationhotel offers goodroom pricelagos airportgreat place to stayinternet servicebuffet breakfastclean roomsexcellent stayrooms are bighotel is locatedvisit lagosan upgradehot watersecurity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 13, 2010

This hotel is perfectly positioned for access to the International Airport although, as it is on a dual carriageway access to it from the International Airport would not be so easy.
I stayed in Room 216 and this was clean and presentable, but not as large as I would have expected.
It is a NON SMOKING hotel. Note if you smoke then you will have to do so in the car park. But as a non smoker I found the lack of 'smokers smell' in the bed room a nice surprise.
Reception was in a large atrium the height of the hotel and lifts work well.
There is a flat screen TV in the room, with Nigerian and South African TV chanels, and International news channels.
Electricity was constant, and backup generators started promptly once there were power cuts.
There is a shower in the room with high pressure water and no bath. The shower room was clean and tidy.
Bedsheet linen was immaculate and rooms are airconditioned, but you can hear some airport noise, despite the windows being closed.
I asked for a morning call and was impressed to receive this at exactly the time requested.
The hotel is accessed via double security gates and reception is secured internally with a steel grill. All in all I got the impression that security is taken seriously here.
The pool area and volleyball court is attractive and clean, and I used the hotel computers for internet access these were ok, but the keyboard lettering was worn on the keys.
Breakfast was ok and offered a Nigerian, and English (Bacon and Egg). There was no orange juice or water at breakfast which was unusual, but tea/coffee was provided.
There are attendant conference rooms for those wanting to use such facilities.All in all a good experience.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 16, 2009

We spent a few nights at this hotel with our 9 year old and ten month old baby. The junior suite was spacious enough and the bed big enough to contain all four of us! I am so fussy about cleanliness and would not even let my baby on the floor to play in some hotels, but at Welcome I was happy for her to play outside by the pool, crawl to her hearts content in the hotel suite and by the pool. This was my husband's first trip to Africa and I felt proud that there was such a place that didn't let me down. The staff were friendly and polite. My 9 year old loved the poolarea, went swimming and played table tennis and table football. We all had a great time! The question is will the place still remain looking as clean and staff as professional after a couple of years? We hope so as it would be a shame if the standards were not maintained.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2009

Good place to stay if need to get to airport quickly as only 5 minutes away but ,like verything else in Lagos,overpriced at around £160. Very nice roomy clean room, nice bar, seems popular with air crews. Restaurant service though was abominable as was food. so better to go out to eat. Took over an hour to get a simple pizza . Wireless very slow. Great that this was the only hotel of four that I stayed at on this trip that actually took credit cards and had a machine that worked! Top marks for that.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 1, 2009

Hi , I am Debra , a foreigner and it wonderful here , Everything seems orderly , Cool and Friendly .Staffs are welcoming and friendly . Its neat and can a . Did like to lodge here if I have time to Visit Nigeria again . Gonzalez Debby

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2008

A friend of mine put me up here for a couple of nights.
Its was actually very good.
I liked it.
Its a new place so my room still felt fresh and breezy.
It was also really clean and secure.
The hotel is striking and it was a nice location for my friends and I to catch up...kicking it at the bar or pool.
Although I was unhappy they hadnt finished constructing tennis court and stage before they opened the hotel.
I stayed a couple of nights and it was quite good.
A bit pricey but I didnt pay so I wont complain ;)

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)